Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves Women - News and Info

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah I'd assume neutral ground picked out? Although they will go for a geographical one in the middle most probably I'd guess
Given half a chance I'll be there.... Somewhere like Northampton, MK or Cov perhaps?

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Given half a chance I'll be there.... Somewhere like Northampton, MK or Cov perhaps?

MK is probably a decent shout (or perhaps Swindon/Bristol City)

The last time they had a playoff game was between Blackburn and Coventry, held at Valley Parade Bradford… that game was just to decide the ‘league’ winner as both teams got promoted

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
MK is probably a decent shout (or perhaps Swindon/Bristol City)

The last time they had a playoff game was between Blackburn and Coventry, held at Valley Parade Bradford… that game was just to decide the ‘league’ winner as both teams got promoted
Interesting, TY. Someone went bust? Different rules?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Northern League hasn't finished, either - they won it with three games remaining as far as I can tell.
Not sure how standards in the two geographic halves compare but l doubt that anyone is looking forward to playing us, not least because they know, from the pre-lockdown results, that this season is no fluke.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting, TY. Someone went bust? Different rules?

Mainly due to Yeovil being demoted from the super league (they finished bottom but we’re denied a license to play in the championship) to the third tier but also due to a scheduled increase in teams from 11 to 12 which was due to happen in 2019-20 but was delayed due to Yeovil (2019) and also COVID. This season was the first season 12 teams took part in the championship

Frankly the license thing isn’t new and it has happened to a few teams over recent years (Sunderland, Doncaster Belles etc to name two) The requirements at WSL and championship level are way beyond those Wolves currently need to abide by

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mainly due to Yeovil being demoted from the super league (they finished bottom but we’re denied a license to play in the championship) to the third tier but also due to a scheduled increase in teams from 11 to 12 which was due to happen in 2019-20 but was delayed due to Yeovil (2019) and also COVID. This season was the first season 12 teams took part in the championship

Frankly the license thing isn’t new and it has happened to a few teams over recent years (Sunderland, Doncaster Belles etc to name two) The requirements at WSL and championship level are way beyond those Wolves currently need to abide by
Thanks. To be honest the requirements side of women's football is something that l've never really looked at. I suspect that us (and indeed Saints) are two clubs big enough that we would be taken bloody seriously.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Well done ladies .I just hope they can clinch promotion because if they don’t some of the better players may move on
Go and grab the prize

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great season well done Wolves women, congratulations
Fingers crossed they win the play off game
Does anyone know if it’s over 2 legs home and away or just the one game, if the latter is it a neutral venue
Thank you in advance

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does anyone know if it’s over 2 legs home and away or just the one game, if the latter is it a neutral venue
Thank you in advance

I could be wrong, but I think it is a one off game, presumably it would be at a neutral venue.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thank you in advance
Covered in earlier posts on here. One off at neutral ground, venue and date yet to be decided.

Back
Top Bottom