Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves Women - News and Info

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looking at how well Southampton ladies are doing, they are currently second in the championship, then surely it is time the champions of each section were granted automatic promotion. I think Wolves ladies would be comfortably holding their own in the higher division.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems a bit more of a competitive league this year with Forest and Burnley keeping pace.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looking at how well Southampton ladies are doing, they are currently second in the championship, then surely it is time the champions of each section were granted automatic promotion. I think Wolves ladies would be comfortably holding their own in the higher division.
Re your last sentence I'm not so sure. Quite a few teams in the women's Championship are professional, including Saints. We are not and indeed some of our players actually signed for us on that basis.

I absolutely agree your comments about promotion though.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Re your last sentence I'm not so sure. Quite a few teams in the women's Championship are professional, including Saints. We are not and indeed some of our players actually signed for us on that basis.

I absolutely agree your comments about promotion though.
The gap between the Championship and the regional leagues, as well as the disparities between standards and particularly club set ups between North and South, are precisely the reason why there is not automatic promotion from both feeder leagues.

NAG

Groupie
Reaction score
Cup draw announced at 1230...

It will be regionalised to the Midlands.
Wolves got drawn at home against Northampton.... Game to be played at the New Bucks Head on the 27th November.

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think that kind of scoreline does anyone any favours. The Wolves Ladies would have learnt nothing and their poor opponents must be totally demoralised.

To be fair Womens football is treated as one big joke by the FA. If it’s not the WSL they don’t really care.

However Womens football in this country is the equivalent of a castle built on sand with the bricks being loaned from a rival castle.

There is no funding going into the lower leagues and WSL clubs are being funded by the egos of the owners of the mens sides. Once the Womens teams have to start paying to use the mens stadiums they won’t be able to charge £5 a ticket and will be back to a few hundred fans each week. Their wage bills already exceed their income!!!

Look at Wolves for example I’d love to know what their win percentage is over the last 4 seasons. They've also only had one “promotion” in that time and even then they had to apply for it. They play in a league where even the team who finishes top probably won’t go up. Hardly very entertaining for the rest of the teams in that league who are in the top half.

Womens football is still light years behind mens football and nothing will change until the FA wake up, stop believing the hype from one Euros win and actually revamp the pyramid of the Womens league to make it a bit more exciting

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think that kind of scoreline does anyone any favours. The Wolves Ladies would have learnt nothing and their poor opponents must be totally demoralised.
Agreed but that’s what happens when you put an amateur club against professionals in any sort of environment

Reaction score
To be fair to Chelmsley they are second bottom of the Birmingham County div 1, 6 levels below Wolves, they would have known they would get beaten heavily but still opted to play despite a lot of teams in that situation conceeding those sort of games. Give Chelmsley some credit, a big day for them playing a team like Wolves and despite the score they will have thouroughly enjoyed the day.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't know if it is correct, but I have read that there were 28,000 spectators at St. James park this afternoon to watch Newcastle women v Barnsley women. The attendance is a record for a women's FA cup game outside of the final.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score

NAG

Groupie
Reaction score
Great win against Northampton in the FA Cup - some great goals Tammi & Beth the pick of them for me.....

Into the next round of the cup - ball number 19.... Draw tonight on TalkSport2....

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great win against Northampton in the FA Cup - some great goals Tammi & Beth the pick of them for me.....

Into the next round of the cup - ball number 19.... Draw tonight on TalkSport2....
Draw is at 19:30pm, straight after the Men discover there fate

NAG

Groupie
Reaction score
Will be interesting to see if Newcastle do want to play the game at SJP or Kingston Park (normal home ground) noting they nearly lost the previous round against Barnsley (1-0 down for a large chunk of the game).... Hope that Wolves put on coaches because it would be good to have a large crowd there... Also might be on the BBC Website/FA Player as it one of the games of the round!!

Back
Top Bottom