Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves Women - News and Info

NAG

Groupie
Reaction score
Next game is Sunday away to Derby who got battered 3-1 by Forest at the weekend.....

NAG

Groupie
Reaction score
Another great result from our girls wining 1-3 against Derby
Was at the match and it was a tough game...

Tammi got a boot to the face and a booking for her trouble's.... But they kept going and kept battling and Ali Miller got the 2nd goal with her first touch of the game and then rounded the keeper for the 3rd & her second!! Don't know when they are beaten...

SuziQ

Reaction score
Reaction score
FA Cup game against Brighouse Town takes place Sunday at the training ground. Tickets £4 per adult/over 65s with U17s for £1, no free entry for ST holders with all proceeds going to the Wolves Foundation. Capacity is capped at 150 and tickets must be bought in advance from the Wolves website (link: https://tickets.wolves.co.uk/en-GB/events/wolves v brighouse town/2022-10-30_14.00/sir jack hayward training ground)
Sorry but that's pathetic, Newcastle Town v Stourbridge pulled a crowd of 580 on friday night in the pouring rain! Who ever came up with that one needs to go on the list of those who need sacking

SuziQ

Reaction score
Sorry but that's pathetic, Newcastle Town v Stourbridge pulled a crowd of 580 on friday night in the pouring rain! Who ever came up with that one needs to go on the list of those who need sacking

Normally the game would have been at AFC Telford's ground but has had to be moved as Telford have 2 games in the space of 4 days and there's concern about the pitch.

Assuming there's limited capacity as it's a health and safety thing due to it being at the Wolves training ground which isn't really equipped to deal with a larger crowd.

Reaction score
Normally the game would have been at AFC Telford's ground but has had to be moved as Telford have 2 games in the space of 4 days and there's concern about the pitch.

Assuming there's limited capacity as it's a health and safety thing due to it being at the Wolves training ground which isn't really equipped to deal with a larger crowd.
I know why it can't be played at the Bucks Head and I can understand there may be safety implications limiting the capacity at Compton, what I cant understand is why they would move the game to Compton knowing that limitation.

I follow women's football locally as my daughter plays and the first round proper is a big event. While its easy to look at their results and see a good side, Wolves Women are poorly supported in comparison to a lot of local sides even though they play at a higher level than many of them. Limiting the chance to watch them in a game like this does nothing to grow the support and makes them more relient on the mens set up which long term isnt going to help them grow.

I am sure they could have found a more appropriate venue, perhaps even the Mol, our last home game before the World Cup is the day before so the would have six weeks to recover from two games in two days, for me its a missed oppurtunity to sell the Women's game at a time when the Lionesses have significantly raised its profile.

Reaction score
OK, now I have a little more sense for the Brighouse game being played at the training ground, its not the FA Cup its a League Cup Game, FA Cup is 13 November and the ladies are away to Shrewsbury Town Ladies who play in the West Midlands Regional Premier Division, two leagues below

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Southampton are third in the Championship, I note. Five points off top and level on points with second, though only one team goes up to the WSL. Given Saints only narrowly beat us in the promotion play-off, that's a decent indicator of the standard of our women.

If we finish top this season we're likely to play Watford in play -off. Think they were relegated from Champ last season: we thrashed them in FA Cup two seasons back.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The promotion system in the women's game is ridiculous. Surely winning the league you are competing in should mean automatic promotion.

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The promotion system in the women's game is ridiculous. Surely winning the league you are competing in should mean automatic promotion.
Agree completely it’s like the winners of the highland and lowland league having to playoff to even get a chance of promotion to the Scottish lower tier!

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it is an effort to create some stability at this level, which is now the gateway to the fully professional strata of the women's game - a big step up from regional leagues which are predominantly amateur. The introduction of professional set up was initially quite chaotic with clubs overreaching themselves and some going bust. It is an attempt to ensure that clubs have a consistent progress on the field. There may be better ways to achieve this, but the reasoning behind it are obvious when you look at the disparity between standards within the Northern League and disparities between North and South which have existed over the last few years.

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well done ladies, atleast your giving Wolves fans something to be proud of.

Back
Top Bottom