Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves Women - News and Info

Oldgoldilox

Groupie
Reaction score
Where have I said I am offended by it?

This is the problem, a lot of people like to draw their own simple conclusions, they draw their own simplistic stereotypes about people. People can say what they like, they can say I said something when I never said it, and genuinely think it's true.

Well guess what, I hope England women win, even though I am not massively invested in it. I am perfectly happy for women's football to evolve and improve, and fully expect it to.

Find someone else to hate (J.wolfie and wonderboyo), even if a popular Moderator is trying to stir it up and accuse me of things I never said.

Why not try and have a go at those posters on the other thread about the Lionesses who feel same as me? Draw your backward conclusions there too if you like............

"this weird passive-aggressive levelling up agenda that the media seems to have with women's sport, or the traditionally male sports of football and cricket, does nothing to further their cause."
That quote you refer to there is from me and I was referring specifically to those situations where the women's game is referred to as if it is completely interchangeable with the men's game. Claiming Ellen White is going to break Wayne Rooney's or Alan Shearer's international scoring records is a stretch for me. The women's game is a popular sport in its own right, it doesn't need out of context comparisons with the men's game to further it's popularity or justify the amount of exposure it's getting.

R

reanswolf

That quote you refer to there is from me and I was referring specifically to those situations where the women's game is referred to as if it is completely interchangeable with the men's game. Claiming Ellen White is going to break Wayne Rooney's or Alan Shearer's international scoring records is a stretch for me. The women's game is a popular sport in its own right, it doesn't need out of context comparisons with the men's game to further it's popularity or justify the amount of exposure it's getting.
And that is the point I have been making. I have never once slated the womens game itself or the right of women to play, and I hope it continues to evolve.

My issue is totally seperate, about the influence of the media and specifically the very influential SSN. If I had said what you had said, I know that a certain person would be on me like a rash.

It was the same with Black Lives Matter. I don’t want to open that can of worms again, but my issue (rightly or wrongly or whether people disagree with me or not) is with the media spin not the rights of black people nor female footballers.

It drives me nuts that some people are too idiotic to seperate the two. But I guess they just see a red flag and don’t really look at the point, at times. We all do that, including me.

Oldgoldilox

Groupie
Reaction score
Understand your point now reans, I think we're on the same page. Its not easy contextualising in a forum like this !

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Planning on taking my daughter to see the Wolves girls when they're at home. Seems it might be a better way to introduce a three year old to football matches than a potential blood and thunder game for the men's first team!

They've had some horrible luck the last few seasons with covid cancelling the league and then coming up just short last year in the play offs. Great to see they've started off well, hopefully they can get the promotion they're desperate for

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is what irks me about media coverage of womens football.

The link address includes ‘womens football’ but the headline doesn’t. So, I click on it thinking ‘blimey, Spain are imploding right before a World Cup…’
It irks me because the Guardian will use the number of clicks to justify the coverage of women's football. It bothers me because I know that and I still fall for it.
Haven’t got an issue with womens football, just the media hysteria.
All the best to the Wolfettes or Wendy’s or whatever their nickname is. Up the Wolves!

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The link address includes ‘womens football’ but the headline doesn’t. So, I click on it thinking ‘blimey, Spain are imploding right before a World Cup…’
It irks me because the Guardian will use the number of clicks to justify the coverage of women's football. It bothers me because I know that and I still fall for it.
All the best to the Wolfettes or Wendy’s or whatever their nickname is. Up the Wolves!
But if we get wolves in the women's premier league it could be another revenue stream. With sky throwing money at the game we need a seat at the table . It's so difficult to get promotion.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But if we get wolves in the women's premier league it could be another revenue stream. With sky throwing money at the game we need a seat at the table . It's so difficult to get promotion.
There is not currently an appetite, by Fosun, to support a fully professional women's side. Jeff has made this clear in his last two end of season videos. At any event, we are still trying to just get into the second tier and that will involve another play-off even if we win this league, so a long way off the WPL. Maybe if they can get that first promotion and establish themselves in the 2nd tier there may be a rethink by the board, but we are some way away at the moment. It's just good to see the Wolves Women winning and playing well. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Last edited:

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The prize money has gone up ten fold. What will it be in 10 years time?

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Easy way round that: all media outlets use 'men's football' so you know you're safe from the lady news. Would also prevent women's football fans suffering the frankly enormous stress of inadvertently finding out about the men's game.

Reactions: NAG

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is not currently an appetite, by Fosun, to support a fully professional women's side. Jeff has made this clear in his last two end of season videos. At any event, we are still trying to just get into the second tier and that will involve another play-off even if we win this league, so a long way off the WPL. Maybe if they can get that first promotion and establish themselves in the 2nd tier there may be a rethink by the board, but we are some way away at the moment. It's just good to see the Wolves Women winning and playing well. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.
I like Fosun's approach, which is to enable the organic growth of the team rather than make a load of local players/staff redundant.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like Fosun's approach, which is to enable the organic growth of the team rather than make a load of local players/staff redundant.
I agree, there have been a number of Women's club's that have suffered from over ambitious backers / owners and it is a common issue in the men's game outside the major leagues. How many local non-league club's have we seen get taken over by people who are not from the grassroots game and try to "progress" them through the pyramid, in order to buy a bit of short term glory? It rarely ends well!
I would like to see Wolves Women build on what they have. If they can get promotion they will need some considerable backing, just to survive at that level. It would be good if that came from local investment and went hand in hand with building both support, coaching and playing staff from the young women of the West Midlands. If Fosun encourage this kind of progress it will reflect better on them than attempting to buy a place at the top table the way some of our rivals have done.

Last edited:

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I take it there is a promotion play off again this season against the winners of the Southern division? Are there any sides as good as the Southampton team from last season in that league?

NAG

Groupie
Reaction score
I take it there is a promotion play off again this season against the winners of the Southern division? Are there any sides as good as the Southampton team from last season in that league?
Yes still Northern vs Southern Playoff final.

Some tough sides out there in the Southern - Oxford & Portsmouth going well down there (& obviously Ipswich are a force) but no none of the teams are as strong as Southampton were.

However Burnley (at New Bucks Head on Sunday!) & Forest have strengthened over the close season and will push us all the way...

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Planning on going tomorrow. Site says one thing regarding prices, pay on the gate etc, but you click on "tickets" and you get a different picture with different prices. Anyone know what the crack is?! Can we just show up and pay on the door?

NAG

Groupie
Reaction score
Planning on going tomorrow. Site says one thing regarding prices, pay on the gate etc, but you click on "tickets" and you get a different picture with different prices. Anyone know what the crack is?! Can we just show up and pay on the door?
Can pay on the day but I believe it's more expensive than if you pre-order tickets.

SuziQ

Reaction score

It always used to be like that for the U23s when they played there.

Cash only on the gate unless you're a ST holder then it's free on production of your smart card.

BridgnorthWolf Inc

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm thinking of going as well.
Anyone know what the parking is like near the Bucks Head please?

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well I went, we lost 3-1 and because I left a few minutes early to get off the car park with no issues I still didn’t see us bloody score!! The Burnley girls looked a decent side, fully deserved to win and could have won by more

Crowd was 582 I think I heard, and one of them (my little girl) had a very good time shouting "Come on me babbies"! But wasn't so happy when she cheered the goals then we told her that we didn't want that side to score!

But it was good, atmosphere was what I expected and will probably go again next week

NAG

Groupie
Reaction score
Well I went, we lost 3-1 and because I left a few minutes early to get off the car park with no issues I still didn’t see us bloody score!! The Burnley girls looked a decent side, fully deserved to win and could have won by more

Crowd was 582 I think I heard, and one of them (my little girl) had a very good time shouting "Come on me babbies"! But wasn't so happy when she cheered the goals then we told her that we didn't want that side to score!

But it was good, atmosphere was what I expected and will probably go again next week
First home league defeat in 1330 days!!

Cracking goal as well - It's on the Wolves Women Instagram. Glad your daughter enjoyed it - bit of a derby game with Boldmere.

Tip for next time - bring a sharpie, hang around at the end and your girl will get autographs/photo's galore off the players.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
First home league defeat in 1330 days!!

Cracking goal as well - It's on the Wolves Women Instagram. Glad your daughter enjoyed it - bit of a derby game with Boldmere.

Tip for next time - bring a sharpie, hang around at the end and your girl will get autographs/photo's galore off the players.
I'll take the blame then!!

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Let’s hope the women win today after depressing defeats for the senior team and u21s and draw for u18s..

Back
Top Bottom