Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves vs. Newcastle verdict

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Craig Dawson …. A colossus!!!

Great effort, deserved the 3 points. Sa and the stupid ref gifted Newcastle their goals!!

From such a ridiculously hard set of fixtures to start our season we have done remarkably well, way beyond what I expected!!

Fair play to Gary O’Neill and the players!!
Dawson was immense, what a signing he's been.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Delighted with our performance, which proves the players believe in GO and rightfully so.

We look organised, breaking forward at pace, with Cunha not afraid to carry the ball with the confidence to get past his markers. So sad about Pedro, who I hope is not out for any length of time. He has suffered over the last 2 years and deserves so much credit for the way he has come back.

Geordies were fortunate for both their goals. Sa should have claimed the ball, but jumped in amongst 4 or 5 players and dropped the wet ball. Penalty was nothing but a joke, but just how many 50/50 decisions have gone against us? All of them if you ask me!

We deserved at least a point and may have won it if Neto had stayed on the pitch. Great goal from Channy after great work from Toti as well.

GO is creating a very good impression and doing a very good job. And it will only get better imo.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gary O’Neill I’m starting to write my apology letter

Var, every time you go against us, quite literally every ****ing time. A pen at United if scored one extra point. Luton that ridiculous penalty not given, 2 extra points. Today could’ve been 2 extra points. We’ve not gained one point from a contentious decision. It doesn’t even itself out at all

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Bellegarde will be ready for Sheffield United so expect him to be involved. Neto may be only a couple of weeks max

As someone who has suffered from chronic hamstring problems. I’d be stunned if it was only 2 weeks.

I reckon best case scenario is after the international break but hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Poor from SA tbh really could have won that but praise to the guys.

They had some chance longstaff barely misses and Doyle I think did a full line clearance. Draw seems fair but like Bournemouth and other games we are letting in poor goals or goals from errors not brilliant play

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We deserved to win that game in the end, without the weather I think we would have done . The players gave everything in the second half and some of them were exhausted with ten minutes still to play. Hwang and Lemina in particular.
Hwang's was a top team and individual goal, he is a finisher. I love Toti. Never lets us down, but that was great work in the build up.
I think we have a squad more than good enough to finish top half. A few things have gone against us otherwise we would be in there for top six. The players look like they are enjoying playing for the manager, we are much more attack minded compared to under Lage or Lopetegui. We play very decent stuff, albeit without being able to sustain it for long periods. I
If you add the 6 points robbed by VAR we would be 6th.

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
2 weeks after going down like hed been sniped? Yeah that’s not how hamstrings work. Take the time. Need our guy fit and firing for the holiday schedule and we can’t risk re-injury.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A really good game. To come from behind twice against a good side like that takes some character, and I'm confident we would have won had Neto not gone off. That really killed our momentum and I do half hope he's not out for too long.

I've kind of accepted that we're going to be a mid table side at best for a while. So with that, what you ask for is exciting football, and we're getting that at the moment. We've had some horrible fixtures at Molineux so far. And with Spurs next, that is 6 sides who all finished in the top 8 last campaign. And the point being is that we've given a good account of ourselves in all but one of those games.

You still wonder what we're going to turn up as at times. Sheff Utd next week - On 1 point and a -22 goal difference is such a banana skin. But, we're improving. Individuals are improving. It's good to see and fun to watch.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gon has said he was walking after game and like hodgeys might only be a light one
Hodgeys out for eight weeks with his shoulder apparently, though.

One week will be ok by me for Pedro, but it will probably be longer with his hamstring,

Just our bloody luck!

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
GON interview after was great.... Neto walking around so hopefully not too bad.... Ryan is mad and mentioned getting him fit for 90 mins and trying to get him to calm down a bit.... Hwang form is all down to Hwang putting in the hard work.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hodgeus out for eight weeks with his shoulder apparently, though.

One week will be ok by me for Pedro, but it will probably be longer with his hamstring,

Just our bloody luck!
Month at the max if he’s walking around fine which it has been reported. He will be back sooner than we think fingers crossed.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just home after walking through the Wolverhampton deluge!

Haven't seen anything back but, in real time:

- didn't look like a pen to me. Understand thats the consensus too. I was in the North Bank so it was a long way away but I thought it was soft

- Unbelievable mentality to keep going and get the point today. Hwang goal looked class.

- it felt like we were going to lose at the end after Neto's injury because our mentality changed. Understandably. Well done lads for taking that point.

- I thought Traore was really poor in the first half. Always seemed to be in the wrong position. Well done O'Neill for bringing on Doyle.

I really really like the look of Doyle. He's a bit like Scholes. No pace, no tricks. Just superb range of passing.

Point probably fair. Ref got dogs abuse. Maybe another apology to add to the collection?

Gutted for Neto. I think we would have won had he stayed on. We were absolutely in the ascendency.

And I lost my hat.

Don’t tell us that Hogan stole your hat as well as your wife… :)

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
It was an excellent watch between 2 attack minded teams ,albeit we dropped deeper when Neto went off.Very pleased to come back from falling behind twice .Frustrating to see how often we gave the ball away and didn’t show enough composure with some of our crossing and a lot of our shooting is powderpuff.
As for VAR how many times do we have to say the same thing ,namely I am struggling to remember any major decision actually go our way ?.I am not playing the victim card, merely stating what we all see
I refereed for 49 years and got to know when players should be booked under the totting up process .I realise Burn got booked ultimately but it was for a gesture at the AR rather than for persistent fouling .Neto had Burn on toast for speed and he looked like a Sunday League defender trying to keep him in check .It amazes me how often some of our players pick up a yellow for a first offence but others get away with several fouls before a card is produced.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Month at the max if he’s walking around fine which it has been reported. He will be back sooner than we think fingers crossed.

Hwang did his hamstring under Bruno and was rushed back after a couple of weeks. He wasn’t 100% for the rest of the season because of it.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A few points from me:

- I thought we were excellent from start to finish. It was a great game of football IMO.
- Some massive wow moments from our players. RAN first half, Cunha first half and Toti in the build up to the goal were all outrageous skill.
- The pace of our front line is amazing. Such a shame about Neto, hopefully not as bad as it looks.
- we are playing with confidence. I think the players believe in the coach and it’s great to see.

And finally…..

The referee today was as bad as I’ve seen. Unfortunately it’s a common theme.

12 from 10 and a tough set of fixtures. If we can put Sheff Utd to the sword next week and make it unbeaten in 6 we’ll be on a good position IMO. Be interesting to see how we do without Neto.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hwang did his hamstring under Bruno and was rushed back after a couple of weeks. He wasn’t 100% for the rest of the season because of it.
Bruno was a PE teacher and we had a dodgy doctor at the time

Keep the faith

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fantastic performance and atmosphere. GON certainly isn’t the same manager he was at Bournemouth we’re playing some great football and the crowd are responding.
I thought the atmosphere was absolutely awful first half. I'm not sure why that was; everyone was up for it round town.

Second half we played our part. I'm not sure the Geordies will be used to our Black Country vitriol. We're bloody orrible when we get going.

We need to start singing our songs again though. Nevermind cute flag waving, what about...
we are Wolves
and it's Wolverhampton
oh when the Wolves
Come onnnn youuuu Wolvveessss
Simple songs we seem to have forgotten

Thought Neto was his usual 9 or 10/10. Fingers crossed it ay too bad. Dawson is knocking on the England door, not even joking.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There’s an international break in the middle of November, so may only miss 3 league matches, if what you say is the scenario MEW.

Thing is with a hamstring injury, you can walk but you can’t run, so I won’t build my hopes up.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was against the O’Neil appointment, but said I’d support him and did try to begin with, like many others after Ipswich I turned and said he had to go (quite vocally on here too). For that I am seemingly being proved very wrong. Keep it up Gary, I will happily lap up this humble pie that’s currently all over my face.

To the game… A draw probably fair over the full course, but in some regards I’m very frustrated that we were masters of our own down fall. Sa must do better for the opener, Cunha simply must start taking his chances, and if Hwang just boots it clear (it was first half ET for chrissakes!) then we don’t even give the corrupt officials an opportunity to do their thing for the teams with the brown envelopes stuffed with cash.

Gutted to see Neto go off, can’t overestimate the negative impact him being out for any lengthy period will have on our season.

So many good performances across the team. Personally thought B. Traore looked good, not sure why he’s getting a bad press by many tonight. Best game by Maximilian for a while, Dawson solid, and Toti continues to be one of the most underrated defenders in the league.

Hwang’s goal was one of the most composed control and finishes I’ve seen for years by a Wolves player. Fantastic stuff.

VAR, just **** off please. You’re ruining football. It feels like even the loons that were in favour of it to begin with are starting to realize it’s a travesty and not working (dare I mention similarities to Brexit here?!*).

*just joking leavers, I’m aware we’re only supposed to see the benefits in 30 or so years time.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On twitter, or X whatever, pretty much every neutral says no penalty and I’ve seen a good number of geordies admit it. The only ones saying it’s a penalty are other Geordies, who seem obsessed by showing shirt pulls, yet forget the Pope non penalty and red last season!!

Also on talk sport a wolves fan mentioned a handball for us?? I missed that, funnily so did Taylor but he was probably too far behind weighted down with Saudi cash!!

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
that was a very entertaining game of football, the like of which I haven’t watched at Molineux for several years xx we matched a good Newcastle team, caused them massive problems and but for gifting them 1 goal and having a VAR decision go against us (surprise sur ****ing prize) we should have won.

Couple of points. We actually played 4:4:2 for much of the game with RAN playing left midfield and pushing Tierney back. Toti was excellent and obviously has an assist. Lemina was magnificent. I thought Traore was very good but Doyle definitively added something. Finally, Cunha was better when he moved to the left, he really got us up the pitch. Hwang is a natural finisher but scares the **** out of me defending.

It’ll be tough losing Neto but I think Bellegarde will slot in, so the drop off won’t be as significant as we’ve seen previously.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Irobably fair over the full course, but in some regards I’m very frustrated that we were masters of our own down fall. Sa must do better for the opener, Cunha simply must start taking his chances, and if Hwang just boots it clear (it was first half ET for chrissakes!) then we don’t even give the corrupt officials an opportunity to do their thing for the teams with the brown envelopes stuffed with cash.
I think Hwang actually was trying to boot it clear! The Newcastle player goes into that fully intending to try and win a penalty. Hwang kind of stops at the last second, but Schar (I think?) is going over anyway. From some angles of the umpteen replays he's obviously going into a death-spiral before Hwang touches him. From other angles, it's hard to see if there was even any contact. So much for benefit of the doubt.

If ever we hear the discussion on this one, I would guess VAR crew saw fairly quickly that it wasn't a penalty and the rest of the time was wondering if it was "clear and obvious" and if they could overrule the ref without getting a telling off and sent to the naughty step.

Over the years, I've seen many of those incidents where a player is genuinely clearing the ball, yet makes contact on his follow through with an opponent diving in to block him. Always makes me cringe as I'm never sure which way it should go. Seen them go both ways and often goes to the player who does the most spectacular convincing fall. If that really is a penalty, acccording to the literal rules, then we should be seeing about 5 penalties per match for those same rules.

Gutted to see Neto go off, can’t overestimate the negative impact him being out for any lengthy period will have on our season.

So many good performances across the team. Personally thought B. Traore looked good, not sure why he’s getting a bad press by many tonight. Best game by Maximilian for a while, Dawson solid, and Toti continues to be one of the most underrated defenders in the league.

I thought Traore looked more mentally not up to the challenge, more down to inexperience than technical ability. Like he was being forced to make decisions far quicker than he was comfortable with and sometimes not sure where he should be as Newcastle were doing some decent off the ball runs, stretching us. Hopefully he will learn that with experience.

Hwang’s goal was one of the most composed control and finishes I’ve seen for years by a Wolves player. Fantastic stuff.
Agreed! A good job it fell to him, as not sure we have anybody else who could score. Also, it's a really intelligent run, Toti is beginning to wonder if he should do the full Maradona and take them all on, but Hwang craftily points where he's going and makes the run.

VAR, just **** off please. You’re ruining football. It feels like even the loons that were in favour of it to begin with are starting to realize it’s a travesty and not working (dare I mention similarities to Brexit here?!*).

I expect every goal to be disallowed now, by default. Well, our goals anyway. Lemina's header, their defender is on the deck and complaining and I'm just expecting "wait, it's going to VAR as there was some contact". I hate it.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why are Wolves last on MoTD? Really exciting game, some quality football from us, 4 goals scored, and yet we are on after Chelsea/Brentford and Bournemouth/Burnley.

Are they trying to downplay the VAR controversy or just don't want to give airtime to an unfashionable team?

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another good performance and good to see that we’ve got our resilience back in these past few games.

Unbelievable work from Toti for the second and what a turn and finish from Hwang, brilliant.

Thought Tommy Doyle did well again, shears looking for a forward pass and with the ability to execute them.

Thought Bouba struggled a bit and would prefer Gomes there.

Really hope Neto is only a minor pull.

On to Sheffield.

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The beautiful thing for me is that it’s starting to look like we belong with the better teams again. We aren’t just playing out of our skin and pulling a result out the bag, we are playing like that every week.

As for the game…

Beforehand I’d have taken a point and I’m still happy with the result but we WOULD have won the game if Neto hadn’t gotten injured, I’m certain of that. We matched them all over and were the better side before the injury.

Special mention for the PGMOL again… you are corrupt, you are cheats and you are ruining football for every single fan.
Totally agree, no doubt in my mind that if Neto doesn’t get injured we score at least one more.

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why are Wolves last on MoTD? Really exciting game, some quality football from us, 4 goals scored, and yet we are on after Chelsea/Brentford and Bournemouth/Burnley.

Are they trying to downplay the VAR controversy or just don't want to give airtime to an unfashionable team?
I‘m surprised Saudi FC was last.

GuzzWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The beautiful thing for me is that it’s starting to look like we belong with the better teams again. We aren’t just playing out of our skin and pulling a result out the bag, we are playing like that every week.

As for the game…

Beforehand I’d have taken a point and I’m still happy with the result but we WOULD have won the game if Neto hadn’t gotten injured, I’m certain of that. We matched them all over and were the better side before the injury.

Special mention for the PGMOL again… you are corrupt, you are cheats and you are ruining football for every single fan.
Well written Ned, and got to agree.

Reactions: Ned
Back
Top Bottom