Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves vs. Newcastle verdict

GuzzWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Gary O’Neill I’m starting to write my apology letter

Var, every time you go against us, quite literally every ****ing time. A pen at United if scored one extra point. Luton that ridiculous penalty not given, 2 extra points. Today could’ve been 2 extra points. We’ve not gained one point from a contentious decision. It doesn’t even itself out at all
I've got a feeling he will be at Wolves for a while, and so far I'm very happy.

GuzzWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
So just thinking out loud.....Saudi league gives EPL refs lucrative pay days officiating in there league, and one of the richest and most influential Saudi families own Newcastle United.......hmmm
Jetlag.....it goes on.....There should be at least one week to officiate after working in Saudi.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shearer and Wright on MOTD
Never a penalty
Absolute howler said Wright
I would be livid if that was given against me said Shearer
Regarding PGMOL, GON says he isn’t going to bother talking to them as they can’t get it right so it’s pointless

In fairness even with my Wolves tinted glasses it was a shocker

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Ok performance tonight played well in patches still thought we were far too defensive and silva and Sasa. Could of come on at half time to replace any of our front 3 still unconvinced by O’Neil
Eh? Thats pretty much 100% wrong......maybe you're just on a windup.

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shearer and Wright on MOTD
Never a penalty
Absolute howler said Wright
I would be livid if that was given against me said Shearer
Regarding PGMOL, GON says he isn’t going to bother talking to them as they can’t get it right so it’s pointless

Add it to the 'it's not bent,honest guv' list.

Cookyssweetleftfoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don‘t mind admitting my disappointment at the GON appointment after the mess with Julen. The reported blanking of the fans who travelled to Ipswich also rang alarm bells.
However he was very articulate on MNF and more Importantly he appears to have the players.
I did feel we gave the initiative to Newcastle after our first equaliser and Hwang always concerns me in and around our penalty area. No pen though and again difficult to understand how VAR has stuck with the original decision.
We were excellent though in the second half before a very composed finished by Hwang which reminded my a little of a certain Mexican.
The atmosphere just disappeared after Pedro’s injury and like everyone else I just hope he is back and playing to his best soon. His form this season for me means the loss is like Liverpool losing Salah or Spurs losing Son or Maddison.
Happy with a draw and 12 pts from those 10 games is 10 more than I predicted so incredibly happy and enjoying our football.
Finally a big shout out to my mate Steve who has been in and out of hospital in the last few weeks with sepsis and then cancer treatment. Imagine my surprise when he texted me for my opinion on the penalty and said he was in the North Bank so didn’t have a great view.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don‘t mind admitting my disappointment at the GON appointment after the mess with Julen. The reported blanking of the fans who travelled to Ipswich also rang alarm bells.
However he was very articulate on MNF and more Importantly he appears to have the players.
I did feel we gave the initiative to Newcastle after our first equaliser and Hwang always concerns me in and around our penalty area. No pen though and again difficult to understand how VAR has stuck with the original decision.
We were excellent though in the second half before a very composed finished by Hwang which reminded my a little of a certain Mexican.
The atmosphere just disappeared after Pedro’s injury and like everyone else I just hope he is back and playing to his best soon. His form this season for me means the loss is like Liverpool losing Salah or Spurs losing Son or Maddison.
Happy with a draw and 12 pts from those 10 games is 10 more than I predicted so incredibly happy and enjoying our football.
Finally a big shout out to my mate Steve who has been in and out of hospital in the last few weeks with sepsis and then cancer treatment. Imagine my surprise when he texted me for my opinion on the penalty and said he was in the North Bank so didn’t have a great view.
A good write up and respect to Steve! Back in 2014 I had a thankfully minor stroke and was in the North Bank inside a week. Given how l felt every time l got excited/exasperated that probably wasn't wise lol......

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Decent result against a good side and a game where we should be giving a good account of ourselves - which we did

Howler from Sa for their first, absolute shocker from the officials for their second, it is never, ever a penalty and if VAR can't correct that decision then it has to be thrown away. Think our worst two players on the night up to the point combined brilliantly for our second equaliser and obviously the big thing is Neto. Hopefully it's not too bad, but seeing as numbers wise we've been heavily reliant on Neto and Hwang for goals this season, it'll be interesting to see how we deal with the winger's absence

Reaction score
Why are Wolves last on MoTD? Really exciting game, some quality football from us, 4 goals scored, and yet we are on after Chelsea/Brentford and Bournemouth/Burnley.

Are they trying to downplay the VAR controversy or just don't want to give airtime to an unfashionable team?
Probably took them a while to edit the sound to try to make the constant "Premier League, corrupt as f*ck" chants of the second half less audible for delicate BBC ears!

On another note — shouldn't the foul on last man Hwang (I think by Lascelles) in the second half have been a red? Would VAR have been able to upgrade to red for that (not that Gillett would have, obvs)?

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably took them a while to edit the sound to try to make the constant "Premier League, corrupt as f*ck" chants of the second half less audible for delicate BBC ears!

On another note — shouldn't the foul on last man Hwang (I think by Lascelles) in the second half have been a red? Would VAR have been able to upgrade to red for that (not that Gillett would have, obvs)?
Was thinking same thing

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've got a feeling he will be at Wolves for a while, and so far I'm very happy.

Funnily enough, I've just seen a couple of reports on the internet that mention in passing that O'Neil will be interesting the big clubs due to the great job he's doing at Wolves. I suppose that's a sign that he's arrived. Interesting today that it was the "Ex-Bournemouth managers derby". And when the Saudi's bought Newcastle, most thought that Eddie Howe wasn't good enough for the job , yet he's proved them wrong, similarly to O'Neil. Both of them unfashionable compared to the likes of Lampard and Gerrard, yet leaving them in the managerial dust.

Do managers still have a quiet meetup and chat after matches? If so, I bet O'Neil and Howe are having a good snigger about Bournemouth :D

nomadwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

...and not forgetting Lopetegui's verdict on all these players (except Doyle) in the tunnel before the Celtic game..."not good enough, give me another £50m,100m+ to spend, or I'm off".

Last edited:

NJ Wolves

Reaction score
Sky sports have shown hwang didn’t touch him……
I haven't read all of this thread but it looked like to me on TV they showed one angle where it was clear that Hwang didn't touch him with his left boot. And another angle where it was clear that Hwang didn't touch him with his right boot either.

The one they showed repeatedly though was an angle where it looked like he "could have" touched him.

So tiring having these controversies every single match. VAR will never work.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In real time and with one view of the incident, I thought pen. I can see why Taylor also gave the pen. It appeared as though Hwang had a poor first touch and tried to rescue the situation with a wild kick. BUT and this is the point; VAR had time, multiple angles, slo-mo and all the gadgetry that is available and SHOULD have referred the incident back to Taylor with the "advice" that he had made a mistake. None of the reports, pundits or commentators believe that it was a peno after watching the same tape as VAR. So why is it not working!
We all know that it's taken pleasure out of the game with its delays in awarding goals and disallowing them for a toe-nail offside, but we're forced to endure it. However, when the protocols are such, or the personnel so inept that it can't correct the incorrect with the tools at its disposal, it's time to abandon it.
Webb and the rest of his incompetent cronies should be made redundant this morning and the game given back to the people who appreciate it for what it should be. Personally, I can live with "honest mistakes", but incompetent ******s and the widespread thoughts that VAR is being used to manipulate the league is beyond the pale.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Surprised this hasn’t been mentioned as myself and everyone around me thought it was a red. There were chants of “if that was us you’d send him off“ so most thought the same

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A terrific performance , done over by var as usual. MOM ballondawson.
Well done Gary and the boys, gutted for Pedro, hope it's not too bad.

Chriswwfc

Reaction score
Surprised this hasn’t been mentioned as myself and everyone around me thought it was a red. There were chants of “if that was us you’d send him off“ so most thought the same

Really weren’t too dissimilar to semedos red against brighton last season

Wolf in the sun

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We really are playing some good stuff

I said when GON joined that i would judge him at the end of Oct..well its here and i am more than happy

Doyle doesnt half look a player...passing and set pieces...bloody brilliant

If Neto had stopped on today we would have won that. Seeing him go off seem to lift Newcastle

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa catches the ball, and Hwang just wellies it clear ….. we win 2-0 !!!

Self inflicted loss of 2 points.
Fine margins. These top 4 clubs get incredible bias decisions.

Sa can make balls up everyone does now and then. The penalty, no way on earth is that penalty. Again you have to question the legitimacy of the officials

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa catches the ball, and Hwang just wellies it clear ….. we win 2-0 !!!

Self inflicted loss of 2 points.

I think Sa struggled to catch the ball through a combination of the weather and Traore jumping in front of him. Our players call for a foul was just them hoping to get a lucky decision, as it certainly wasn’t a foul on Sa.

Agree on Hwang, he had time to just hoof it towards the line for a throw in and allow the defence to reset, but in trying to play it, gave time for the Newcastle players to close him down and dive to win a penalty. Let’s make no bones about it, it was a dive, a simulation, and rather than a penalty, he should have been given a yellow card. VAR should have told him to review the decision on the monitor.

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tbf, given that the ball was going away from goal and there was no immediate goal scoring opportunity denied, my reaction was it’s a yellow.

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought it was a fair result ,agree if Neto stayed on , could have ended a classic 3-2 win. But I was impressed with Newcastle's fitness coming on strong last ten mins even after Dortmund game and we looked dead on our feet. Good performance again from Doyle.

Last edited:

Tudorwolf

Reaction score
Not even a good wind up attempt.
Not a wind up this is how I thought yesterdays game went need’s to be more positive front 3 we’re running on empty 15 minutes into the 2nd half game was there for the taking

Back
Top Bottom