Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Will your opinion on Lopetegui sour if Raul isn't given a send-off this season?

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
True, Everton will have their knees shaking from a guy who scored off his shin from a lucky deflection.
It was his reward for actually being in the box and at least he can link the play, Raul was a complete non-entity. It's a shame what's happened but he's nowhere near PL standard now, wouldn't even want him leading our line in the Championship.

I'm the Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was his reward for actually being in the box and at least he can link the play, Raul was a complete non-entity. It's a shame what's happened but he's nowhere near PL standard now, wouldn't even want him leading our line in the Championship.
he wasn't that bad. he was actually playing well in his last 4-5 matches.

How well did costa play in that match we lost 6-0 or the match when we won by an own goal and late penalty?

did he even play?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The only thing I can possibly think of, that he did that upset Lopetegui, was going to play for Mexico in the world cup. That was the catalyst. And my response to this is. He wanted to play for his country. Is this bad merit? That's not very apt either.
If, and it is a big if, that is actually so then l would agree with you. Given that I was actively anti-Lambert for how he treated Saiss when he went to play for Morocco to say otherwise would be hypocritical.

I would, though, need to see some actual evidence that it is true rather than just internet speculation.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thinking on this how many of Nuno's fantastic Champs winning side did we say 'goodbye' to? In their way I'd say Boly, Cav, Costa, Saiss, Doc, Jota, Coady and Bennett all deserved a big farewell and thankyou; doubt many got one tbh.
Slightly different with Raul though, no? He literally nearly died on the pitch, many of us thought he had.

oldsamdingle

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I assume most of us think that Raul will be off this summer, given that he hasn't made the squad in weeks now.

I think a lot of us would love to sing Si Senor one more time, for everything he gave to this club - although it seems Julen doesn't have much space for the same kind of sentimentality.

Would you feel annoyed at Julen, and would it sour the relationship a little (and also Raul's Wolves story) if we've already seen the last of Raul him in a Wolves shirt?

Are you expecting to see him play again this season, even in a small cameo role?
NO

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not sure we

I'm not sure we could face charges because they are all squad members. I agree with you entirely though. Puts the integrity of the competition into question.
Given that the FA seem desperate to find reasons to charge us.... I agree with you otherwise.

DJW

Reaction score
Where was Raul when he scored against Forest?, where was he when he superbly set up Sarabia for his first goal? His record, despite not being his best, still compares quite favourably to Costa.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think it is spite. It's just tactical decisions. Yet, I am just saying, give him a chance. If not in the first team, than then the U23's. Or give him some game time somewhere. If people want to cut him out of the team. That's fine, but he has potential in some team. Just like people said Moutinho wasn't good enough but proved us wrong.
The positive about playing him in the U23 is that it might get him closer to full match fitness, albeit some would doubtless say that it was disrespectful. The negative is the impact that it could have on the development of younger players.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The answer to the original question is "no", my opinion wouldn't change regarding JL.

As to whether we play Raul, Moutinho, Jonny, Adama or anyone else who may be on their way, this surely depends on how the game is going at that time. One things for sure, Everton will be scrapping like mad for the whole duration so it certainly won't be a low key affair with both sets of players in their holiday gear.
Plus of course, no one has any idea if any of the aforementioned will be here come next season so ten minutes here or five minutes there may be pointless anyway.

It will be sad if some players leave and they don't get a good send off, but we're in a results business and I would expect the coach will be more interested in getting three points rather than becoming too sentimental.
The ideal scenario of course would be to be three or four up with ten to go but this is Wolves after all and big scores are not our bag right now.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
he wasn't that bad. he was actually playing well in his last 4-5 matches.

How well did costa play in that match we lost 6-0 or the match when we won by an own goal and late penalty?

did he even play?
He was unfortunately and Lopetegui soon figured it out. Love Raul for what he's done in the past but he's done now, time to move on. That's football.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm Rauls biggest fan.....would love nothing more than to see him score against Everton......But if lopetugui decided to give a cameo to Nathan Fraser instead it would be totally understandable....... unfortunately what happened previously hasn't got nothing to do with lopetugui and the future

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I’d like to see Raul again especially if as expected it will be a send off but I’m reserving my judgement on Julen if this doesn’t happen because I don’t know the full facts of what’s gone on between them. Raul forged a great bond with the fans and he will always be fondly remembered but players come and go the club remains.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think anybody has mentioned the fact Everton have their survival to play for. If it was Wolves in Leeds or Forest' position and Everton were playing a team that left key players out to give players a send off we'd be calling for sanctions
Bang on.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
I wouldn’t think any less of JL but it would be lovely for Raul, Moutinho, Adama and Jonny to get some minutes.

I don’t think a side of:

Sa
Semedo, Dawson, Kilman, Jonny
Nunes, Neves, Moutinho
Adama, Raul, Neto

would be much cause for other sides to complain.

And certainly not an issue bringing them off the bench.

I'm the Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wouldn’t think any less of JL but it would be lovely for Raul, Moutinho, Adama and Jonny to get some minutes.

I don’t think a side of:

Sa
Nunes, Neves, Moutinho
Adama, Raul, Neto

that side can still do some damage

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed... Jimenez has given us some great memories, especially for those like me who went to Wembley...the bloke nearly died playing for us , and he's tried his best against all odds to come back to full fitness.
The man deserves a standing ovation from everyone in molineux, and I hope lopetegui is man enough to see that happens
Well said

Lupo Italiano

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think anybody has mentioned the fact Everton have their survival to play for. If it was Wolves in Leeds or Forest' position and Everton were playing a team that left key players out to give players a send off we'd be calling for sanctions
I think Lop will go for it for the final 3, think he wants as high a points tally as possible and so do I.

As to the OP, would be nice to see Raul play one more time but if he doesn't, he doesn't, there will be reasons and certainly won't affect my feelings about Lop, he is the man and he has saved us this season.

As for Raul, whether he plays or not I'm sure he will be part of the post match festivities and we can show our appreciation then.

Just glad we can enjoy the final home game without being desperate for points now.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score

I don’t think a side of:

Sa
Nunes, Neves, Moutinho
Adama, Raul, Neto

I’d be furious if I was Leeds Forest Leicester fan and we put a team like that out

Longford Wolf

Reaction score
Raul was fantastic, one of the best in Europe pre injury, but unfortunately those days are long gone.
The idea of playing him for sentimental reasons is a no from me. I don’t think I can watch him shy away from contact, hide on the wing or amble about aimlessly, while adding absolutely nothing to the team. Let’s remember him for what he once was and show our appreciation when he does his final lap of honour.
We are Wolverhampton Wanderers not the Dog and Duck.
Si Senor, it’s been a pleasure.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why not pick our strongest team, win the game and then allow them to speak to the fans afterwards?
Don't think it has the same impact really from an emotional perspective. It's not like he has to start them, but I do think their time with us should end on the field.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We don’t really know what’s going on at Compton between Raul and JL, (or if anything much at all).
Plus, maybe Raul is not leaving this window.

If Raul does leave, I hope that he and his family find a club where they will be happy. I don’t believe that he’s all washed up yet.

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If, and it is a big if, that is actually so then l would agree with you. Given that I was actively anti-Lambert for how he treated Saiss when he went to play for Morocco to say otherwise would be hypocritical.

I would, though, need to see some actual evidence that it is true rather than just internet speculation.
You had me at anti-Lambert.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be honest, when we really needed Raul he pretty much made himself unavailable.

I dont resent him for that. But I am completely with our Manager who has the courage of his convictions to pick a team and squad who have proven they will give everything, along with sacrificing for the shirt.

I will always love Raul, but from now to the end of the season it is about the players who have contributed to keeping us up who deserve all the credit imo.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought he had another year on his contract ?
I assume most of us think that Raul will be off this summer, given that he hasn't made the squad in weeks now.

I think a lot of us would love to sing Si Senor one more time, for everything he gave to this club - although it seems Julen doesn't have much space for the same kind of sentimentality.

Would you feel annoyed at Julen, and would it sour the relationship a little (and also Raul's Wolves story) if we've already seen the last of Raul him in a Wolves shirt?

Are you expecting to see him play again this season, even in a small cameo role?
No but i hope we give ruben a great send off

LosgallardosWolf

Reaction score

No it’s a new era dawning

Back
Top Bottom