Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Will your opinion on Lopetegui sour if Raul isn't given a send-off this season?

fleck1

Reaction score
unfortunately there is no room for sentiment in football, id be disappointed if we turned the game in to some kind of testimonial. We maybe safe but every league position is worth a couple of million, we still have a shot at 11th but could also find ourselves around 15th which is a swing of around £8m going on last seasons numbers.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I know few tears will be shed for Leicester, and even fewer for Leeds or Forest, but can you imagine if we were clinging onto our place and a relegation rival was playing a team, and they were saying 'we're safe now, so let's stick on some departing legends'.

If we're 3 up (or God forbid) 3 down, with 5 mins left, then maybe. Otherwise let's just play to win and I'll happily stay to clap them all after the whistle. Bare in mind Lopetegui probably will only have one sub left anyway.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sour is a bit excessive but I do think they should play.

Jeff Shi should make it known the club would like Raul and a few others to play the final home game.

Firstly, the idea they drastically reduce the quality of the team is open to debate, so it’s certainly not picking a weakened team to disrespect the league or anything.

More importantly, these players have given us the best times as a Wolves fan in decades. Raul is at the forefront because of his injury. Of course they should play!

It’s one last chance to thank them for all they’ve done. For taking us to Europe, something we didn’t think was possible.

We all hope Lopetegui will emulate that but they’ve done it.

It’s fantastic that we’ve got a pressure free game to give them a send off. I would actually say it’s a bit disrespectful if Raul didn’t play again for us.

Lopetegui obviously has issues with him but this is not about him. It’s about the best striker we’ve had since Bully.

Jonny, Moutinho, Adama, Raul should all start against Everton.

Sammy Chungs Tracksuit

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's a great shame that Raul's career at Wolves has petered out after his horrendous injury. Let's not lose sight that the most important thing is that he has made a fantastic recovery and he should be able to live a normal life after Wolves and after his playing career is over.

It's sad that there seems to be a bit of ill will coming from his wife about his exclusion from the match day squad but no player is greater than the club and the results and points that Lopetegui has accumulated have fully justify his decisions.

I think we just have to move on and view his time at Wolves in a very positive light. He should be able to walk around the pitch after the Everton game if he wishes. Lets not forget that he might still be here next season too.

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Sour is a bit excessive but I do think they should play.

Jeff Shi should make it known the club would like Raul and a few others to play the final home game.

Firstly, the idea they drastically reduce the quality of the team is open to debate, so it’s certainly not picking a weakened team to disrespect the league or anything.

More importantly, these players have given us the best times as a Wolves fan in decades. Raul is at the forefront because of his injury. Of course they should play!

It’s one last chance to thank them for all they’ve done. For taking us to Europe, something we didn’t think was possible.

We all hope Lopetegui will emulate that but they’ve done it.

It’s fantastic that we’ve got a pressure free game to give them a send off. I would actually say it’s a bit disrespectful if Raul didn’t play again for us.

Lopetegui obviously has issues with him but this is not about him. It’s about the best striker we’ve had since Bully.

Jonny, Moutinho, Adama, Raul should all start against Everton.
They absolutely should not start against Everton. The strongest possible XI should start and that doesn't include any of those four players

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lopetegui doesn’t strike me as a manager who will allow players to take their foot off the gas. There are players in that squad whose Wolves careers are in the balance and they will be wanting to give everything (or at least should be wanting to give everything).

With regards to Raul himself, playing devil’s advocate, is he actually leaving? I mean, is there a possibility that he can’t agree terms with anybody else (he can’t be in huge demand, being honest) and won’t want to take a cut in his wages so will stay and see out his contract? Admittedly he really doesn’t seem the type but, at the end of the day, money’s money and he’s got a family to provide for. Again, just playing devils advocate here.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Loppy's job is to win football matches for Wolves and select the most-appropriate match-day squad to do so. If the press is to be believed, Raul has not trained to the level that Loppy wants and so Raul is the reason he's not been playing.
In an ideal world, Raul would score the winner against Arsenal, having made the m-d squad on merit (not on sympathy), but the world is not ideal and so probably will not happen.
Raul decided to go to the WC against what Loppy deemed ideal fitness. Team this with a lack of training and it's no surprise that he's not in the match-day squad.
I will always have fond memories for what Raul has done for Wolves, but there is no room for sympathy in football. It's a cut-throat business and these are professionals. We all saw Pep's reaction to Haaland giving the peno against Leeds to Gundogan who missed and could have cost City the title.
Loppy must be professional and if Raul is not as professional; then he should not be selected.

Leigh72

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As soon as Raul decided to go against Lopetegui over the world cup , he was finished here in all reality.
The manager HAS to be the main man.
Great servant for Wolves as he has been , sentiment should not come into it.

DJW

Reaction score
I think he has been treated shockingly by JL. To think he has been cast aside and lost his place to - 23 games, 1 goal and zero assists!. He would have done better than that easily, and to not be on the bench is simply inexplicable.
Personally I hope he stays and sees out his contract.

Leigh72

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he has been treated shockingly by JL. To think he has been cast aside and lost his place to - 23 games, 1 goal and zero assists!. He would have done better than that easily, and to not be on the bench is simply inexplicable.
Why would a highly intelligent elite level manager not have him in his squad? Because he knows stuff you do not.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It would be nice if some of the leavers could write a page in the program just saying thanks and goodbye . And we could sing their songs at the Everton match . They don’t have to play .

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
No
He’s not fit he needs to be 100% before getting in the match squad

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope he gets a send off.

Talking as if he hasn't got 20 minutes in him and that his a Sunday league player.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No
He’s not fit he needs to be 100% before getting in the match squad
I've not seen it stated that he's not fit. Is that the case ?
I was more of the impression that something maybe had gone on in the background between player and coach.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
I've not seen it stated that he's not fit. Is that the case ?
I was more of the impression that something maybe had gone on in the background between player and coach.
Julen said he was carrying a knock Bully also said pre Brentford that the reason raul wasn’t in the team was because he wasn’t fit

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Won’t effect my opinion of Lopetegui. In some regards I’ll respect him more, assuming he’s seen something in Raul that doesn’t fit with what he wants.

But I’d love the opportunity to give Raul the send off he deserves (assuming he’s going). A small cameo off the bench would be great.

Best Wolves striker in my lifetime, and yes, I saw Bull.

Hope Molineux blasts out a few full volume “Si Senor’s” vs Everton, whether Raul is in the squad or not. It’s the least he deserves.
He's probably the most technically gifted forward I've ever seen at wolves, a warrior to boot of course. I'd have him in the squad for Everton and give him minutes if we are doing OK. Its JL's decision though.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Julen said he was carrying a knock Bully also said pre Brentford that the reason raul wasn’t in the team was because he wasn’t fit
Oh right, as it wasn't that long ago he had a good game displaying shades of the old Raul.
Can't remember which game it was but distinctively remember him getting a fair press on the Mix.

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ll be more ****ed off at the people who will leave 5 minutes before the end as always and don’t stick around for the player awards/send offs, given the circumstances this time around.

Saltyjim

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh right, as it wasn't that long ago he had a good game displaying shades of the old Raul.
Can't remember which game it was but distinctively remember him getting a fair press on the Mix.
The second half against Spurs? Played really well and had a hand in the goal. He'd also played really well (imo) at Fulham the previous weekend. I would love to see a fit Raul partnering Cunha before the end of the season.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Imo if he was 100% fit Both mentally and physically he’d be on the bench

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he’s not training well because he nearly killed himself playing for us, he deserves to be treated with a little more respect on here!
Clearly not because of that otherwise wouldn’t be in the clear to play again if he’s not putting effort in that’s rauls issue no one else

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I don't know what's gone on, but he wasn't cast aside when Lopetegui arrived. He's played in 10 games since he arrived and achieved 1 assist (albeit he should have had a pen at Newcastle). Lopetegui obviously thought there was a lack of intensity around the place, he tried to set a standard but Raul (probably because given his experience he has some perspective). There has been lots of on field stuff that makes me think he's not right mentally (or to be brutal maybe he is right mentally and thinks his health and family is more important than winning a football match) I don't blame him, I'll always admire the great things he did. He doesn't need any charity minutes though, I'll clap at the end of the Everton game and hopefully at Arsenal too.

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They absolutely should not start against Everton. The strongest possible XI should start and that doesn't include any of those four players

Spot on !!!!!!!

Great servants they have all been but Everton at home is a league game and now having secured safety I want a many points as possible in the remaining 3 games. Plus, having won 4 in a row at home I would like to continue building this " abandon hope all you away teams who enter here " mentality that Julen has created with 7 wins from 9.

As a club we can be charitable but at the same time, we are not a charity.

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d like to see Raul fix his reputation. I’d like to see shots of him smiling in the stands a couple times per year, for decades. He doesn’t need to play in order to do that, he can walk around after the match. He can talk to Gemma and express himself. He can go on the wolves report pod, whatever.

Maybe Raul owes us something for his behaviour, maybe we owe him something for his sacrifice, I don’t know, but JL owes him nothing and we’ve seen the best of him so no, I wouldn’t look at JL any type of way.

stever

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My opinion of Lopetegui will not chance one jot. Players set their standards. Raul is plenty good enough to get in our starting 11. Why isn’t he there?

He’s been incredible for us, and he’ll rightly have his name sung regardless of whether he gets out on the grass.
You really believe he is good enough to get into our first eleven?

I'll take JL's opinion on that one thanks

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely. Doing otherwise is disrespectful to the competition and those other clubs in danger of relegation. Indeed we could face charges for doing so.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
'Turn nasty'. The guys injured. It's not like he can help his injury. It wasn't self inflicted. I would understand if you were giving a player slack for actually doing something self inflicted. Yet digging into someone who literally couldn't help the injury whatsoever. And it was a dangerous lunge by David Luiz. You're picking on someone when they're down. He just needs more confidence, and if he reads this, this won't help. Will do the opposite if he reads your posts and he might be. It's a small world.
With the best will in the world he has had chances and it is now blindly apparent that he will never again play at the same level as he did pre-injury.

Back
Top Bottom