Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Who is getting relegated?

• Thread starter Deleted member (smith)
  • Start date

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’ll be mathematically safe by the Everton game, I really just hope we show up and relegate them. Hopefully Leeds go with them.

Alienwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think we’re now highly likely to be mathematically safe by the time we play Everton.
Unfortunately, I think that’ll suit Everton

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Leeds strongly considering appointing Sam Allardyce, according to The Athletic. Gracia to be sacked tomorrow.
That doesn't surprise me at all. The riches of the Premier League outweigh any managerial pay offs and all you need is a two-game managerial bounce to potentially survive now.

I wouldn't be surprised if Forest do similar if they don't beat Southampton. God knows what the Southampton board have been doing in appointing two utter duds since Hasenhuttl.

Last edited:

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Southampton, Forest, Leeds I'd say. Leeds just look shot, and today they had to apologise for ignoring fans. Everton and Leicester look like they have a win in them unlike Leeds.

D

Deleted member (smith)

There are four games to go and 5 teams on 30 points or less. My super computer says there is a 99.2% probability that three will finish on 36 points or less.

using artificial intelligence my super computer has also determined that the three worst form teams of those five will probably get relegated…Southampton, Everton and Leeds. I was so happy with that result that it old her to have a second glass of Pinot noir with dinner.

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After this latest round of matches, we are now only 8 points clear of the drop. We went 9 points clear when we beat Palace, but Forest beat Brighton to plunge us back into the relegation dogfight. The sky is now falling in and with matches coming up that we have no chance of taking but a single point from, I'm afraid that our Premier league status is at stake.
Saints and Bournemouth are on good runs and with Sean Dyche's Everton playing Leeds on Monday, they could both get the three points to close the gap on Wolves. Bournemouth themselves play Leeds on Sunday and a Bournemouth win would see them leap-frog Wolves in the table. A win for both would be disastrous.
West ham will also win at Palace dropping Wolves to 15th by the end of this run of fixtures.
We then have Dick Emery's Villa at home who are unplayable at the moment while those clubs behind us (Saints, Everton, Leicester and Forest) have relatively comfortable matches. Leeds go to Man City who have nothing to play for and will be on the beach, Forest and Southampton play each other, so a win for both would see Forest close the gap , Leicester are at Flum who never win without Mitrovic and Brighton host Everton which is a nailed-on away win.
Game week 36 sees Leeds thrash Newcastle to rocket past us, Forest host FL's Chelsea which is without doubt the largest defeat under Todd Boehly who will need to emulate Steve Cooper's canny recruitment in the summer as he's been spend-shy so far, Everton have a home game against Citeh who may or may not make Europe and Leicester will beat Liverpool as if we can do it, any side can. This would leave us just above fast-improving Southampton with two to play.
Then the 'big one'; Everton at Molineux, who we haven't beaten, ever in the Prem. Southampton, the only team currently below us plays Brighton to win and close the gap to a single point.
Last day of the season, a day when all teams play at the same time to ensure there can be no skulduggery as VAR will be watching, sees Wolves lose to Arsenal as they will be celebrating a first league title since the last monarchy, with Southampton at home to a Liverpool side, still smarting from the previous week's Leicester defeat. Nailed-on home win.
From my careful analysis, I see Wolves finishing in 20th, with Southampton pipping us on 39 points and Leicester and Forest and Leeds all going down in what will be a first, but they all should have read the small-print in their contracts with the Premier League which pointed out that the 'Grand Old Club' can never be relegated.
Of course, this may not happen, but now I've suggested it, I'll spend all weekend worrying about it. It's what being a Wolves' fan is, a roller-coaster ride.
The sky is falling, the sky is falling

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Had it not been for their goalkeeper, Leicester would have lost. People keep saying they are too good to go down. Sorry, but I am not seeing that. Everton could and should have won by a few goals. I think they might just have enough to stay up, but last nights result did nothing for either team.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Had it not been for their goalkeeper, Leicester would have lost. People keep saying they are too good to go down. Sorry, but I am not seeing that. Everton could and should have won by a few goals. I think they might just have enough to stay up, but last nights result did nothing for either team.
The draw helped us if anything

Think for the pessimistic lot amongst us 1 draw / win would finish the mathematical figures and put this season to bed. Hopefully when we beat the vile

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The draw helped us if anything

Think for the pessimistic lot amongst us 1 draw / win would finish the mathematical figures and put this season to bed. Hopefully when we beat the vile

I think we are already safe, but as you rightly say, beat the Villa and make it certain. I think the frustrating thing is that both Leeds United and Leicester City have done the double over Wolves this season. That really shouldn’t have happened.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well, down to 4 games now and I couldn't call it for 2 relegation places between Everton, Leeds, Leicester and Forest. The only thing I'd say is that any of them who can win 2 of those 4 will be fine, so 36 points will be safe.

As I said a while ago Everton will come to us in the bottom 3 though, and probably be down if they lose.
Yep, was gonna say the same thing. Any of those sides from Leicester to Everton, if they can pick up two wins from their remaining matches they stay up

Just hope that we don't gift Everton one of the wins they need! Hoping our lot try to finish with a bit of pride after Saturday's debacle (though I do think that a lot of them know their time here is coming to an end and there's a feeling of 'job done' in the camp)

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looking at the remaining fixtures and current points it looks likely Leicester and Leeds will join Saints in the drop,but fixtures and form seem to have gone out of the window this season lol

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Even Saints will think they have a slight chance if they beat Forest even though I can't see it.
Out of all the teams down there for Leeds to be on their fourth manager I really like to see them go .

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reassuring to see everyone else still sees us as a charity for struggling teams. Good result last night, I can see the reasoning behind those hoping for a Leicester win but I'd sooner keep everyone at arms length.

225/1 on PaddyPower this morning. I stuck some relegation bets on at much shorter odds a few months ago as a safety measure, and I'll be extremely glad to lose the lot.

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm against the grain, but I'd like to see Everton go down along with Leeds.
Forest will be in another state next season buying loads of players again and keeping faith with the Manager, also we get that extra £10m for FFP purpose alone.
Leeds
Everton
Saints
I’d love Everton to go.

waggys left foot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Soton 27 ,Ev 35,,Leeds 31,Leicester 35,Forest 35

Will be down to goal difference currently Forest would go down

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really interesting to see if Big Sam can have an impact. I feel their fixtures mean they've left it too late.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just reeeeally hope we get a win at the weekend to put even the slightest (0.3%) chance of us going down to bed!
The sooner safety is guaranteed, the sooner we become a points doner for the less fortunate.

Part of me wants the safety guarantee, part of me dreads watching a team wearing flip-flops with beach towels under their arms!

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
High chance we get the chance to send Everton down.

If Forest beat Southampton, Leicester beat Fulham or Liverpool, then Everton will be four points behind if they lost to Brighton (A) & City (H).

Nothing too unlikely there.

So they'll need a result here or be down.

Either send Everton down or lose and Forest are likely to go down. Happy days.
I like it LOT.
Even if we lose,we might very well win.
If the choice is between Everton and Forest I must chose Forest to drop.
Fingers in ears,Morgan Gibbs *****,fingers in ears and a huge grin on my face.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The sooner safety is guaranteed, the sooner we become a points doner for the less fortunate.

Part of me wants the safety guarantee, part of me dreads watching a team wearing flip-flops with beach towels under their arms!
Haha very true. I'll take a 1-0 win vs Villa and the inevitable "on the beach" 0-3 to Everton though I think.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Haha very true. I'll take a 1-0 win vs Villa and the inevitable "on the beach" 0-3 to Everton though I think.
Rightly or wrongly, contextually it changes everything. I hope the melts on here can grasp that.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sacking a manager with four games left. The lunatics have taken over the asylum.

Big Sams first two games - Manchester City and Newcastle United. Good luck Sam, you will need it.

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Leicester Missing a penalty to go 3-1 up changed the game.

MolineuxMixer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When you're in big trouble and in the ****, who are you gonna call...BIG SAM.
Should be good for a laff!

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sacking a manager with four games left. The lunatics have taken over the asylum.

Big Sams first two games - Manchester City and Newcastle United. Good luck Sam, you will need it.
He'd be more than mad to go there at this time. With the final 4 fixtures he has no chance imo unless, of course, he's thinking about next season and getting them back up from the Championship and becoming a Leeds legend!? I'm not sure even Pep can save Leeds now.

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
They've effectively appointed BFS for three games. Leeds could have a combo of Cullis, Shankly and Cloughie re-born and they'd still lose at City.
What are they paying him? A million quid for three games?
Interesting to see that the market on Betfair now sees Leeds as more likely to go down.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I world forfeit the Everton game if that sent forest down
Prize for daftest post of the day goes to….SuperGran.

I can’t stand Forest either, but I want the extra £10M bonus for MGW. It all helps FFP and pays someone wages for a couple of seasons.
A win against Everton might also help us climb one further place up the table, and that is worth another £2M istr.

Back
Top Bottom