Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Who is getting relegated?

• Thread starter Deleted member (smith)
  • Start date
D

Deleted member (smith)

So the second half begins.

1.Often the relegation fight leads to improved performances (See Notts forest) ….how many points to escape ? 38 or 40?
2 congested at the bottom…palace probably safe so three from 7 with forest looking good?

I have no idea as form changes but with the new recruits and a new manager I hope we can top forest and finish 14th…..but the bottom three?

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it will be Southampton, Bournemouth, and Everton to go down.

But it's going to be close for Wolves, Forest, and West Ham and possibly even Leicester.

We just have to score more goals, and even with the new recruits I am still worried.

I think 38 will probably keep you up this season.

Chuck Murray

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Wolves will rise to mid-table mediocrity, and turn the ship for a much more successful '23/'24 season.

Southampton, Everton and Dirty Leeds go down ...

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any of the bottom 7 plus Forest are surely contenders.

Everton seem to be in the biggest disarray at the moment. It's hard to be too confident in a prediction at this stage because managerial changes could yet change things for a few teams but Everton, Southampton and Bournemouth is how it's looking. I think both West Ham and Leicester would improve enough with a freshening up of managers and Leeds' high press will pick them up enough points against lower half teams who can't handle it (usually the likes of us unfortunately!)

As for us, we'll need more clean sheets or goals, one of the two at a minimum. Judging by our prolificacy in front of goal, it may have to be the former. We're going to struggle to score more than one a game with the personnel we've got so clean sheets are going to be massive for us, as was the case Vs West Ham.

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bournemouth, Southampton, Leeds

still worried about us, but pretty certain big boys West Ham and Everton will scrape themselves clear sadly.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Bournemouth I’m 95% sure will go down, I just don’t think they’ve got good enough players or a manager.

Southampton I’d say I’m 75%. They’ve had a couple of good wins lately but again they don’t have a great squad and a terrible manager.

The other place, after watching Forest the other week I would say they’re right in the mix. We’re not safe by any means but I’m more confident now we’ve got Julen and the new signings. Leeds are a poor side, and Everton are a right mess. I can see West Ham and Leicester getting out of trouble and Palace will just scrape enough points.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bournemouth, Everton and I can’t call the third place. Between us, Forest and Saints.

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just hope it doesn't go to the last game of the season as we have Arsenal away. Bournemouth is the dead cert. Than I think it's between us/Everton and Saints. I don't see West Ham /Leicester or Leeds going down at present.

T

TheConcourse

Southampton and Bournemouth.

Forest will either be bang in trouble or safe in 8 games:

2 x cup games v United, West Ham, Bournemouth, Leeds, Fulham, City & Everton.

I have this nagging doubt that we might struggle to pull away, simply due to our lack of goals. We’ve really giving JL a mountain to climb.

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everton will go this season, poor squad, out of depth manager, toxic atmosphere with the fans turning on the board and without the ability to buy their way out of it. Any of that sound familiar?

I also think Leicester may go, a few years of complacency has caught up with them and the owners don't seem to have much interest in running a football club. Rodgers gives the air of a man who could no longer give a toss and is waiting to be sacked.

Bournemouth are this years WBA/Norwich, can pull out the odd result but nowhere near good enough and they know it and are happy to bank the money.

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we repeat the form of the first half of the season we will be relegated on 34 points, two more wins should lift us to safety. So is the Lopetegui revolution going to deliver that improvement? I’d like to think so but it could be tight.
The current bottom three works for me :)

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bournemouth seem nailed-on for relegation, which surprises me as when Black Knight took over in December, I expected them to make a few purchases to stave off relegation, but nothing so far..

Everton in a right mess and this weekend's match between them and Wet Sham will tell us a lot about their desire to escape the drop.

Wet Sham have enough to escape, despite losing to us. They're in for Ings which will be a decent signing, should it happen.

Saints looked certainties a few games ago, but showing some fight.

Leicester look broken and Rodgers a dead man walking. If they manage to hang on to their midfielders, they'll escape, though.

Leeds very hit and miss. Sometimes they look great and others, poor. Can't see them going down, though as they have too much and look to be recruiting now.

Wolves as we all know need goals. Despite a few key signings, I believe our future depend on the next two weeks. Get some goals in the team and we stay up. Don't and we don't!

Forest, despite looking poor against us recently have created a team unity and are also buying a few players. Think that will keep them safe.

Palace are good to go. Can't see them having any major concerns.

Conclusion - not sure, depends on what happens over the next two weeks of the window, but most in trouble (in no particular order); Bournemouth, Everton, Us, Saints.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
February will decide alot i really do feel

We have bournemouth and southampton - if we expect nothing from liverpool and city.

That still puts us on 23 with other games to come i think that starts moving us away from

the likes of bournemouth southampton.

Would be really useful for west ham and everton to draw on the weekend.

Bournemouth Southampton Everton are my picks to go down

Forest Leciester, West ham wolves, will fill the next 4

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Florist are just having a good run. They'll be down.

RichB

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Bournemouth and Southampton, I expect will go down. I think the other place come from any of the other 6 up to Forest.

Our next 2 games are hard and I’m expecting 2 losses. So in reality we’re going to be back in the bottom 3. Admittedly we have a better run after that.

If we’re not bottom 3 after the next 2 games then I’m gonna set my stall out and say we survive.

As everyone says. We need goals in this team. If we get them we stay up. Simple’s. It’s on us now.

If wet spam get ings then I think they survive. He will get goals.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we can start scoring a few we should be fine as we do seem to be playing a bit better (Liverpool excepted this week which was just awful from several players). Usually in the second half of the season a team drops like a stone. I can see that being Bournemouth who lack quality. Saints and us may get a bit of new manager bounce. Everton look absolute tripe and West Ham , like us , look toothless. Forest will irritatingly get unexpected points and that is something I think we need to hope we can do particularly against Spurs, Chelsea and Liverpool in the second half of the season as they are nowhere near as good as in previous seasons. I fear for us because of lack of goals. Its a problem that we have not addressed in 3 years. It is not just a new striker its about getting players into the positions to score goals and that includes midfield and defenders. I am hopeful that RAN may add to his tally and that Lemina or Boubacar may also score a couple in the second half of the season. It would be nice if Collins or Kilman could add a couple too from set pieces where we really offer no threat at all currently bar Neves on the edge of the box.

Lampard and Everton are in a horrible mess and I think they could go.
Bournemouth do not have the quality and they too could drop
West Ham need to up their game quickly, but probably will
Southampton don't inspire me against others scrapping at the bottom and I think Jones doesn't yet have the gravitas needed to control a premier league squad , much like Lage was like here. I think they will go.

Personally if wolves dont get at least 23 points from the remaining fixtures I will be surprised -19 games 6 wins 5 draws has to be achievable and realistic -the key is not to lose to any of those in the same position in the second half win at home draw away with Bournemouth Everton Southampton Forest Leeds Leicester - thats 3 wins and 3 draws half the points needed already.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Bournemouth will finish bottom. Everton 19th and Southampton 18th.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If the atmosphere at Everton doesn’t sort itself out quickly they will go down and actually quite quickly. We all know how quickly things can deteriorate once there is a toxic environment. It wouldn’t surprise me if they got less than 30 points.

Bournemouth had their new manager bounce but I don’t think they will survive. I think they’ll be like us in 2012 when, even after losing to Albion we were 4th from bottom but that was the start of the wheels truly falling off and I think Bournemouth will do the same, they’ll struggle to get to 30 points.

Of the rest it’s a toss up. We’re definitely in there but if Julen gets the signings he wants I think we will have too much quality. We need a goal scorer but the evidence I’ve seen is that we’ve now got fight and spirit in us which was missing under Lage or Davis and that is absolutely necessary to get out of our position. West Ham and Leicester will be in the mix partly because they didn’t expect to be and are a bit perplexed how to deal with it. Both managed to pull themselves out of trouble earlier in the season but have fallen back again which is not a great sign. Southampton, despite two recent wins are still very likely to go in my opinion as I really don’t rate the manager and by all accounts neither do Saints fans. The team is also young and inexperienced but they have the likes of Ward-Prowse who can get you something out of nothing with his dead ball delivery.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The multi million Pounds question this..

I think that Bournemouth and Southampton drops.
It will be a real good old scrap regarding avoiding being the third team that get´s relegated.
We´re certainly in that mix.
Arsenal away last day of season might prove to be a blessing in disguise since they might be clear champions by that point..and motivation usually beats class.
If Raul stops to aimlessly drift out of position..I´ll think we´ll be allright in the end..but it´s gonna be close.

Rauls Headband

Reaction score
Any of the bottom 7 plus Forest are surely contenders.
Yup best way to view this season now is we are in a mini league with 7 other teams and at the very least we need to be beating each of those teams in that league when we face them in the games we’ve got left.

Any points we pick up in games against opposition outside that league are bonus points.

We can do that we‘re safe.

T

TheConcourse

Florist are just having a good run. They'll be down.
I still don’t see it with them. Every game I’ve watched them this season (Chelsea aside), they’ve been conceding chance after chance.

Even Leicester - who were absolutely dreadful - missed two sitters that would have put the game out of sight.

They’re playing a lot of teams in and around them over the next 6/7 games. A bad run will see them bang in trouble.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bournemouth - dropping off & poor form
Leicester - hard games dropping like a stone
Everton - crisis club we will relegate them

Last edited:

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I said right at start of season Bournemouth Southampton and Forest,ill stick with that but Everton look more likely at the moment than Forest
WHam and Leicester look poor but will probably steer clear and ofc us
We need to start scoring,apart from that we look decent,i think we will just about stay up but its going to be close

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would love to see Forest go down, but they seem to be getting to grips with the premier league now.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It could be any three from Crystal Palace downwards.

If I had to name three, then I think:;

Bournemouth
Nottingham Forest
Everton

Norway Wolves

Reaction score
I was relatively confident of stayig up but Tuesday night has given me cause for doubt.

I didn't think we were capable any more of such a low level of performance and, more importantly, intensity.

It was really bad.

Back
Top Bottom