Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Who is getting relegated?

• Thread starter Deleted member (smith)
  • Start date

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Definite improvement. Though I wouldn't describe it as "beyond recognition". We returned to the much the same grinding out results manner we did during most of Nuno's last season and Bruno's first season until that awful collapse at the end.

I still recognise us clearly as that same team from 2021-22 that is clueless in attack , yet grinds out enough results to keep above the drop zone. Third season running, looking at the final league table, I find it surprising we finished as high as we did and am not really sure how we did it! Leeds & Leicester beat us 4 times out of four and they are down. We beat Southampton 2-1 in a match we only managed 1 shot on target. Yep, nothing much has changed, other than getting back to where we before the players decided they weren't going to play for Bruno.
Sooner or later the luck will run out. We can’t keep returning a goal a game, or less, whilst playing the way we do and expect to stay in the PL.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sooner or later the luck will run out. We can’t keep returning a goal a game, or less, whilst playing the way we do and expect to stay in the PL.
Good point - but interesting to note that, of the 17 teams that stayed in the PL this season, 5 of them - Chelsea, us, Forest, Bournemouth and Everton - failed to average more than one goal a game scored.

You can survive on such meagre returns, though I agree it's probably a lot safer to score a lot more (though don't tell Leicester (51) or Leeds (48) it guarantees survival!

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No doubt we need to score more goals....a couple of forwards chipping on with 6/8 each is definitely needed .. but it's about points .. so defence is just as important....we are never going to be a team that can open up and get away it ....

I doubt we will ever get a positive goal difference...

Mardenboroughs Shoulder

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Definite improvement. Though I wouldn't describe it as "beyond recognition". We returned to the much the same grinding out results manner we did during most of Nuno's last season and Bruno's first season until that awful collapse at the end.

I still recognise us clearly as that same team from 2021-22 that is clueless in attack , yet grinds out enough results to keep above the drop zone. Third season running, looking at the final league table, I find it surprising we finished as high as we did and am not really sure how we did it! Leeds & Leicester beat us 4 times out of four and they are down. We beat Southampton 2-1 in a match we only managed 1 shot on target. Yep, nothing much has changed, other than getting back to where we before the players decided they weren't going to play for Bruno.
Omg we are just soooo lucky. And all the points that the refs and VAR gifted us too!

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I'm not a great believer in XG or XP or whatever. However, I did find the post showing how our expected points (based on XG) is declining steadily over the past 3 seasons. Keep that trend going and we are in for a Leicester style shock next season.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Omg we are just soooo lucky. And all the points that the refs and VAR gifted us too!

If only it wasn't for refs and VAR, we'd have scored 60 this season! And not one other club ever had a goal chalked off for VAR. Not one. Just us. Same as we had the worst injury problems. If only we had the luck of the other clubs.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The three relegated teams are the favourites to win promotion back to the premier league. I can’t see it myself, but what do I know?

Back
Top Bottom