Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Who do you blame for the current state we are in?

Who do you blame for the current state we are in?

• Steve Morgan

Votes: 119 72.1%
  • Jeff Moxey

Votes: 40 24.2%
  • Terry Connor

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • Mick Mccarthy

Votes: 19 11.5%
  • Stale

Votes: 6 3.6%
  • Dean Saunders

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • The Players

Votes: 52 31.5%
  • Other

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
G

ghostwolf

All of them except Mick, Connor & Stale.

No one can blame Mick, he was doing a terrific job. Yes, he is a limited manager but the board sacked him at completely the wrong time.
No one can blame Connor, he is just not a manager. He knew himself he wasn't up to the task that was put on him. He should never have been made manager, but the board completely screwed up the search for a new manager.
No one can blame Stale, again he was asked by the board to completely transform the teams playing style, but was given barely any money to do so. He did the best he could, but ultimately was let down BY THE BOARD.
Results under Saunders have been dreadful but at least he is clearing out the deadwood. Yet again though, wrong time of the season! Everything else comes down to the board.

And the players. These players really should be good enough for at least a mid-table Championship finish. Most of them won it a few years ago! But they don't care about the club anymore, there is no passion and the whole place just seems devoid of any emotion. Because most of them know they won't be playing League One football next season anyway, cos they won't be at Wolves. We're rotten.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
There's a great post on another forum, which bears reading as it implicates over-hasty fans as well as irresolute, pound-obsessed owners in our decline:

I am not a Wolves fan but my brother is so i have always had an eye to Wolves on the side and often play them on FM.You can call it an affair so to say and even tho reading the forum now and then i have never felt for posting until i saw this question.I will tell you how i see the situation, you may agree or disagree but it is only my view and my brother dont agree with all of it just so you know.

I feel Wolves fans have alot of this to blame on yourselfes and i will explain it.

At the end of last season my brother was devastated, Wolves had done one of the worst results in the history of the Premier League and played football no one with a heart could love.To top that you sold the 3 star players/performers and sacked the manager way too late.
To my surprise it was Staale Solbakken who got appointed as the new manager, a man so unlike the boring image of Wolves.A manager probably less than 5% had heard about but a Dane like me knew who he is.
Out with the boring old and in with Staale.The man who went straight up in Guardiolas face to say what he felt, the man who removed the legend Podolski as Koln captain as his first move.A man who told the press to $#@! off and that Jesus and Mourinho would struggle at his club, TOGETHER! So passionate that he gets his star player to grab around his throat cause he treated him as everyone else.
A manager who dont give a $#@! what others think as long as his club gets things right.

Wolves had it all sorted imo when you appointed Staale.If he had been given the time he needed Wolves would been in the top of the championship next year with a squad who knew what football to play every single match.
Instead the fans whined about changes not happening fast enough and the club owner lacked balls to complete his vision with Staale and sacked him.

Did you guys know he almost got fired in Copenhagen too? The club owner there told the fans to stay home if they didn`t like the manager, their visions would go through no matter what.
The result was that unmotivated players got sold, the deadweight got loaded off for cheap money and new hungry players got brought in and Copenhagen enjoyed the best results in the clubs history.
All he needed was time to get the right players for the system he is dedicated too.

You Wolves fans could have had a manager with who creates a show around the club just cause of who he is but forced him out so you could get a MUCH better one in.

Therefore i dont feel with you guys now that you have 7 matches without a win and with 10 more players to use than Staale had.Even i would done better than Saunders.( atleast on FM13)

The grass aint always greener on the other side.Sometimes you just need to let it grow before you chop it.

That post is spot on.

Morgan brought him in to change the 'culture' to something that would benefit us in the long run....to modernise the club.

It is pretty clear that Morgan together with his 'advisor(s)' does not understand his current product and therefore is unable to comprehend the necessary changes required to make the project work.....this is evident in his assertion that “cultural issues†will have been the reason for his removal. The naivety is astounding.

In removing SS without allowing him to create his 'model' adequately we have made a massive massive mistake.

He saw the issues and called them right.....he saw the players were 'mentally weak' and eventually that they were just not good enough, but people just did not want to believe it.

The losses like Luton and poor performances under him were not because of his failings but more to do with the 'constant' that did for Mick and TC, and is now making Deano look bad...

There are only a few posters on here who can see the true reality.

E

Edgmond Wolf

Surprised there is not a 'Roger Johnson' option the way it is here!

And how can it be MM? No need to get into any debate, FACT is he was here and we were a PL side, and had slipped into the R zone for the FIRST time that year, if he was here now we WOULD NOT be 22nd.

Its not his fault we are heading to League 1 at all

We don't do facts on MolMix ;)

A

ArnoldWolf

According to Jez, it's our fault for not spending enough in the shop.

COMB.

Big Nosed Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There's a great post on another forum, which bears reading as it implicates over-hasty fans as well as irresolute, pound-obsessed owners in our decline:

I am not a Wolves fan but my brother is so i have always had an eye to Wolves on the side and often play them on FM.You can call it an affair so to say and even tho reading the forum now and then i have never felt for posting until i saw this question.I will tell you how i see the situation, you may agree or disagree but it is only my view and my brother dont agree with all of it just so you know.

I feel Wolves fans have alot of this to blame on yourselfes and i will explain it.

At the end of last season my brother was devastated, Wolves had done one of the worst results in the history of the Premier League and played football no one with a heart could love.To top that you sold the 3 star players/performers and sacked the manager way too late.
To my surprise it was Staale Solbakken who got appointed as the new manager, a man so unlike the boring image of Wolves.A manager probably less than 5% had heard about but a Dane like me knew who he is.
Out with the boring old and in with Staale.The man who went straight up in Guardiolas face to say what he felt, the man who removed the legend Podolski as Koln captain as his first move.A man who told the press to $#@! off and that Jesus and Mourinho would struggle at his club, TOGETHER! So passionate that he gets his star player to grab around his throat cause he treated him as everyone else.
A manager who dont give a $#@! what others think as long as his club gets things right.

Wolves had it all sorted imo when you appointed Staale.If he had been given the time he needed Wolves would been in the top of the championship next year with a squad who knew what football to play every single match.
Instead the fans whined about changes not happening fast enough and the club owner lacked balls to complete his vision with Staale and sacked him.

Did you guys know he almost got fired in Copenhagen too? The club owner there told the fans to stay home if they didn`t like the manager, their visions would go through no matter what.
The result was that unmotivated players got sold, the deadweight got loaded off for cheap money and new hungry players got brought in and Copenhagen enjoyed the best results in the clubs history.
All he needed was time to get the right players for the system he is dedicated too.

You Wolves fans could have had a manager with who creates a show around the club just cause of who he is but forced him out so you could get a MUCH better one in.

Therefore i dont feel with you guys now that you have 7 matches without a win and with 10 more players to use than Staale had.Even i would done better than Saunders.( atleast on FM13)

The grass aint always greener on the other side.Sometimes you just need to let it grow before you chop it.

Much truth here but the fans are not to blame.

Stale was sold a pup. Repetitive I know. He came not only to different 'culture' but to a club in freefall.

There was no continuity plan in place after Mick due to a club 'owned' in an amateurish way and 'advised' by even more amateurs who earn a very unamateurish wedge.

The club's 'young and hungry' project revolved around one man, Mick. To sack him and then expect the 'new way' to turn things around was ludicrous.

The club were destined for a successive relegation battle whoever was the 'gaffa' and somehow that had/has to be won. It wont be now.The freefall started when Mick's way needed some upgrading. It has continued since and to expect one man, whoever he is, to stop it, is unrealistic.

Cliche time but the chickens are roosting. One or two have been arguing for the last eighteen months to two years that there would be trouble.

No longer look to the managers for answers.

WWFC are destined for a period not unlike the eighties. For that to have happened means there is/has been serious issues throughout the club.

It does show that no matter how careful handing over 'ownership' of clubs is ( and SJH did his level best) to leave such community treasures solely in the hands of 'strangers', big egos and money grubbing is destructive.

Tarcisio Mifsud

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I put the problems of the current season and that of last season at the door of Mr. Moxey, but I would blame management, including the managers and their technical team.

I can spot the following errors:

1. Late decision to discharge MM last season, when management did not have a new manager already willing to take over the team.

2. Decision to appoint TC as manager.

3. Decision to appoint Stale as manager, his CV had a relegation issue in it.

4. Wrong decision to appoint DS. He has no experience of a team like Wolves. he has a relegation issue in his CV.

5. Technical team. Something is wrong with our players. They are just good for one half.

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can't vote. There isn't an option that says the whole $$$$ing lot of 'em!!!!!

W

wolvesultra

I suppose all of the above are culpable in some way but the main two for me:

Steve Morgan then the players in that order

S

sean from oz

Morgan! Since he undermined McCarthy after the Liverpool loss it went downhill from there

C

Craddockinho

No longer look to the managers for answers.

This is spot on.

I am sick of the pro-Solbakken/anti-Saunders vs anti-Solbakken/pro-Saunders narrative to the endemic incompetence that has plagued our club for the best part of 2 years.

In regards to the fans, if you take a step back you could quite easily conclude that Morgan, Moxey, Solbakken, Saunders and the players have been given significantly more support than any party has deserved.

In times where the PR from Wolves is as embarrassing as it is inadequate.
Fans are treated as consumers of a product but then preyed on as 'members' of a club (Tough times don't last, tough people do), well to be quite honest, if Wolves plied their trade in Serie B, they would have a thousand fans turning up at the training ground demanding an audience with them.

And they would not come in peace.

D

Dc wolves

Roy Hodgson for tactically murdering us last year to start the cancer ripping through this club! P.S.the last time we knocked a stand down (molineux st) we had three consecutive relegations

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is spot on.

I am sick of the pro-Solbakken/anti-Saunders vs anti-Solbakken/pro-Saunders narrative to the endemic incompetence that has plagued our club for the best part of 2 years.

In regards to the fans, if you take a step back you could quite easily conclude that Morgan, Moxey, Solbakken, Saunders and the players have been given significantly more support than any party has deserved.

In times where the PR from Wolves is as embarrassing as it is inadequate.
Fans are treated as consumers of a product but then preyed on as 'members' of a club (Tough times don't last, tough people do), well to be quite honest, if Wolves plied their trade in Serie B, they would have a thousand fans turning up at the training ground demanding an audience with them.

And they would not come in peace.

I would love to be surprised by this club for a change. The predictibility is pretty much unbearable.

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Roy Hodgson for tactically murdering us last year to start the cancer ripping through this club! P.S.the last time we knocked a stand down (molineux st) we had three consecutive relegations

Not quite, we knocked down three since, but it is the last time we started a rebuilding project then stopped!

F

FlyingWolf

Unquestionably Steve Morgan. Four managers in a year, essentially the same stale squad for donkey's years, poor investments decisions (Mol v team), not a fan.

Vietnam Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Morgan - his incompetent decisions have ripped the lifeblood out of our club.

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Morgan and the players. Simple.
Morgan can't run a $$$$ing bath let alone Wolverhampton Wanderers football club, his decisions over the last 18 months being nothing short of disgusting.
By the players I mean the senior players. You have your young players like Danny Batth and Bjorn Sigurdarson who give everything for the cause and you have players on double the money these guys are on like Henry, O'hara, Edwards, Doyle, RJ, Berra who just don't give a toss. I can't see a way back out of this now after last night's shambles, we are going down

greco wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
time for Morgan to sell to someone with some f$$$$$ ambition

Im sick of this - we had a chance of the big time and really establishing ourselves.

Morgan unwilling to invest more than a 'safe' amount has now cost us one possibly two relegation and years in the wilderness.

its appalling - it may be the way to run a building firm, but NOT a football club.

How the HELL can this guy be the one who tried to buy liverpool -was that serious???

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's to ignore the chronology of what actually happened and how it happened.

What, the 9 game winless streak, the few positives of thrashing one of the few teams below us in the league, the lucky win against Brum, and the ensuing pointless Christmas and FA cup debacle?

SOUTHBANK_BULLY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Players are to blame

4 managers this club have had , 3 managers have had the chop and the 4th has only just arrived

the players have underperformed for the last 18 months ,its not the managers its the players that are to blame for this mess were in , the book stops with the players !

captain crab says were too good to go down NO KARL we are NOT the league table does not lie , bottom three , this clubs supporters DESERVE better than what you players are giving us at the moment

P

procrastination wolf

I blame the idiotic Wolves fans who couldn't wait to get rid of 'Muppet Mick' - or the most successful manger in 30 years as I like to call him.

I blame Morgan for listening to the vocal minority and sacking McCarthy.

I blame Moxey and Morgan for Connor debacle. 'Not a job for a novice'.

I blame Moxey and Morgan (more Morgan becuase it seems like his idea) to appoint Solbakken. No experience of championship football and a catastrophic period at Cologne (which people tried to excuse but has been totally mirrored here).

I blame Morgan for appointing Dean Saunders. Again, no experience apart from a champ relegation. He's useless in the media and is without doubt the thickest wolves manager in my lifetime.

I blame Moxey for the sky high ticket prices, booking fees, museum fees and the creation of a vast chasm that has opened up between the club and the fans.

mikic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Arrogant scouse $$$$ aka Steve Morgan

M

metaljoemac

Were I forced to pinpoint blame on one faction at the club, it would be the players. This group of players have beaten Manchester United, Manchester City, Chelsea, Liverpool, got the double over Spurs and drew at Arsenal in the last three years, and now we are suffering defeats to the likes of Luton and getting thrashed at home by Peterborough. It's totally unacceptable, regardless of the managerial merry go round or the incompetence at board level. The bare minimum standard these players should be achieving (bearing in mind some of them are taking home 25K+) is much, much higher than a relegation battle to the third tier.

W

wolvesman

Were I forced to pinpoint blame on one faction at the club, it would be the players. This group of players have beaten Manchester United, Manchester City, Chelsea, Liverpool, got the double over Spurs and drew at Arsenal in the last three years, and now we are suffering defeats to the likes of Luton and getting thrashed at home by Peterborough. It's totally unacceptable, regardless of the managerial merry go round or the incompetence at board level. The bare minimum standard these players should be achieving (bearing in mind some of them are taking home 25K+) is much, much higher than a relegation battle to the third tier.

Lots of truth in this.

T

Tomasz

The players. We've got an awful lot of money in players and wages out there and they're not performing. Normally you'd blame the manager for that, but we've been through four, and they're still not firing. The players hold the majority of the blame.

Uncle Festa

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I blame the idiotic Wolves fans who couldn't wait to get rid of 'Muppet Mick' - or the most successful manger in 30 years as I like to call him.

I blame Moxey and Morgan (more Morgan becuase it seems like his idea) to appoint Solbakken. No experience of championship football and a catastrophic period at Cologne (which people tried to excuse but has been totally mirrored here).

I blame Morgan for appointing Dean Saunders. Again, no experience apart from a champ relegation. He's useless in the media and is without doubt the thickest wolves manager in my lifetime.

I blame Moxey for the sky high ticket prices, booking fees, museum fees and the creation of a vast chasm that has opened up between the club and the fans.

Correct

J

johnybig32

Knee jerk reactions and poor planning is the reason why we are here. Those decisions were made by...

L

luckyjim

You are utterly deluded if you think it was only a vocal minority who wanted rid of McCarthy. I reckon about 80% of the fans were sick of his $$$$ football, his ego-fuelled interviews, and picking his own incompetent favourites week in week out.

Keeping McCarthy where he was was part of the sentimental, weak-minded decision-making which has led to where we are - blind loyalty to mediocre players and a complacency that everything would be alright despite the fact there was plenty of opportunity to appoint competent, proven Premier League managers.

I blame Morgan for not having the balls to sack McCarthy right after the Blackburn game in '11.

E

Essex Wolf

As regards the OP, Morgan all the way. He makes the big decisions but sadly has got them all wrong.

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Originally I thought it was Moxey and Morgans fault for either not backing McCarthy or not giving him the bullet sooner; however with the benefit of hindsight I realise that Moxey, Morgan and McCarthy have all been the victims of an elaborate plan to undo all the good work of previous years masterminded by a group of players that have absolutely no shame, no professional pride and no intention of playing their hearts out for this club or fans.

4 managers in 12 months and still these players are trotting out the same excuses, the same diabolical performances and still having the audacity to call for the fans to back them up.............. $$$$ off, just $$$$ off. The anger that is shown by the fans, rightly or wrongly is the result of years, not weeks or months, years of performances that have been so woeful that if I didn't know any better I would have assumed were the result of 11 random people dragged off the street 5 minutes before kick off.

D

Deleted member 3573J

The players are a disgrace no doubt but the 3 appointments since McCarthy have been a total disaster and not one of them had the experience or credentials to do the job they were being asked to do. I blame Morgan and Moxey, they should have learned by their mistake of appointing Connor by bringing in a manager with experience at Championship level who at least had guided a team to the play-offs, in the summer. They made another huge mistake by appointing a foreigner with no experience in this country and then when you think it can't any worse they appoint a guy who has one of the worst records at this level. All owners will make mistakes and appoint the wrong manager but to do it 3 times in a row takes some beating.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can understand the Morgan votes to a degree as the buck stops with him and he could either open the chequebook or have done better managerially, but the bulk of the blame for me must be with the players. They are the ones on the pitch, and they are the ones who should be performing far far better than they are at the moment

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

So no blame at all for the players who are the ones who actually sometimes kick a football.....

Manic88

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I blame the idiotic Wolves fans who couldn't wait to get rid of 'Muppet Mick' - or the most successful manger in 30 years as I like to call him..

any explanation of how/why the rot started 6 months before he was sacked?

adjuster

Groupie
Reaction score
Undoubtedly Steve Morgan.

The culture of an organisation is established by its leaders and there is no doubt that WWFC is a club crippled by fear of failure rather than driven by a desire to succeed.

SM, through his right hand man Jez Moxey, has established a risk averse business and seems to take pride in owning what he and Jez often tell us is a well run football club that "does things right". This is just a weak excuse for a management that refuses to take risks or make bold decisions.

To be be fair to Steve & Jez, the culture of fear rather than ambition, probably started with the previous owner who failed to provide the financial investement needed by Dave Jones to secure our place in the Premiership in the 2003/04 season, but this culture does now run right through the club and there was no better example of this than Dean Saunders deciding to change to a defensive 4-5-1 formation last night when we were one goal up and, by all accounts, on top of Barnsley.

I am afraid this is now a vicious circle with the long suffering fans finally losing patience and adding to the spiral into self inflicted ignominy.

SE10 Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This has to be the longest Red Nose Day ever.

M

Mugwump

Your trolling now has paragraphs! :wavey:

Back
Top Bottom