Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Who do you blame for the current state we are in?

Who do you blame for the current state we are in?

• Steve Morgan

Votes: 119 72.1%
  • Jeff Moxey

Votes: 40 24.2%
  • Terry Connor

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • Mick Mccarthy

Votes: 19 11.5%
  • Stale

Votes: 6 3.6%
  • Dean Saunders

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • The Players

Votes: 52 31.5%
  • Other

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

Deleted member 3545

I blame SM and JM for being naive and not seeing the large picture and seeing what it takes to keep a team in the premiership and kove up to the next level.
Also their shambolic timing and act in the sacking of MM and trying to find a replacement.
the board should of got ris of MM at the end of the 2nd season in the premiership.

I blame MM and agree with is statement that he kept certain players far to long and that he didnt move these players on and bring in fresh blood.

I blame the players for not pulling their weight and earning far too much money ( not their fault if clubs are willing to pay silly money no one in the right mind would turn it down) Too many billy big $$$$$$$$ in football nowadays no pride.

I blame the fans expectations, getting on the players backs not just wolves but this happend at most clubs even the likes of Man Utd.

I dont blame TC as he was offered the job after the transfer window was shut and was working with what he was given he tried his best and it failed

I dont blame Stale he was bought in the try and turn wolves around but i guess ran out of time to bring players in and shift players out then suffered like many managers in the past with the injury jinx, but i must admit the football under Stale was rubbish to say the least i dont know it it was down to the players he inherited just werent good enough to play his style ( cant polish a turd)

I dont blame DS as he has had a handful of games and a January transfer window to try and bring players in. Again if your new to management and a club comes knocking you would be daft to turn them down.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No one cause. but a combination of Many.

Mick was too loyal to the players that go us up and didn't get rid of some when he should have.

Morgan/Moxey made big mistakes replacing Mick, sacked him too late then no plan in place to replace him. so we ended up with Conner

Stale was a gamble but could have code off. I feel Stale was master of his own downfall largely. The changes he wanted to make were always going to take time, but in order to be given that time he needed manage the change by maintaining sufficiently good results to keep us mid table or so, he was too rigid in his view of one system of play regardless of players available, maybe we should have given him longer, but it did seem that the wheels were coming off before he went.

Investing in the new stadium before we were established in the prem now looks like a big mistake.

Balancing the books is important and I never want to see the club living beyond their means but looking at what other clubs have achieved on similar budgets, it seems we could have made better player purchases with the money available.

The players have faced 3 (now 4) relegation battles in a row, which must take it's toll on anyone, they have lost confidence and now have a losing mentality. Whilst a large part of the managers job is getting the players prepared for games, the players have to take responsibility for their performances or lack of them too.

fans have now suffered 4 seasons of poor results and poor football and unsurprisingly are now looking for someone too blame and not giving their best support to the players, you can't blame the fans for this it's just human nature, but it's not helping the club and is adding to the problems

Saunders has come in with players confidence at what must be an all time low.
Whilst results have not gone for him and its questionable whether he was the right man for the job it's difficulty to put more than a small amount of the total blame on his shoulders as most of the damage was done well before he arrived

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom