Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Who do you blame for the current state we are in?

Who do you blame for the current state we are in?

• Steve Morgan

Votes: 119 72.1%
  • Jeff Moxey

Votes: 40 24.2%
  • Terry Connor

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • Mick Mccarthy

Votes: 19 11.5%
  • Stale

Votes: 6 3.6%
  • Dean Saunders

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • The Players

Votes: 52 31.5%
  • Other

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Brizzlewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ultimately the owner.....it's his name over the door.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Morgan has to take 90% of the blame for the sheer amount of shocking decisions he has made over the past 12 months.

The decision to not spend this January and appoint Dean Saunders as manager (seemingly without even considering anyone else) is absolutely inexcusable.

Absolute pleb.

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The players are $$$$ers.Especially Henry and Foley.

That said,after the last 3(his only 3) managerial appointments,the buck has to stop with that idiot Morgan.

From a purely footballing point of view,he has to be the most incompetent owner in the Football League.

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Solbakken, had to look hard for Stale in the options there.

Also Morgan, shouldn't have sacked Mick in Feb, no one could have kept us up. I know we'd only just dropped into the relegation zone but look at Wigan's run in, no one could have matched that. If he'd been left in charge, he could have survived the summer (see Steve Kean) and we'd be in a far better position then we are now. As much as people clamour for it, at Championship level there is no realistic way of getting rid of a whole squad/first 11, so we should have stuck with what we knew.

Last edited by a moderator:

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Those blaming McCarthy are absolutely clueless.

And yet the decision to award so many of these players long term contracts during our P/L stay is definitely a major contributing factor to where we are today...

He's hardly the main culprit mind.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And yet the decision to award so many of these players long term contracts during our P/L stay is definitely a major contributing factor to where we are today...

He's hardly the main culprit mind.

He's far from the main culprit. He's guilty of loyalty to certain players at worst.

A

Apocalypse Now

The Scouse at the top for:
1. Shocking decision making re the appointment of managers
2. Making our club a laughing stock
3. Failing to invest in the squad at the end of premiership year 2 and in January last
4. Diverting investment to a vanity project which will eclipse the John Ireland as the most ridiculous decision ever made by a Wolves board. Perhaps those who supported this ridiculous investment could explain the benefits of this to a Division 3 club.

I also blame Moxey. As CEO he carries the can although like a slippery snake he always avoids the blame.

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The buck stops at the top. You employ the people below you and if they aren't good enough you get rid of them. Look at it this way too, if you've been a Wolves fan all your life but you have lots of money, you can't buy Wolves but the opportunity to buy say Liverpool arises and you do that, do you stop being a Wolves fan? Of course not and to reverse that Morgan must, in his heart, have Liverpool as his number 1 team. The heart has been ripped out of my beloved Wolves since he took over and him and Moxey have turned us into a useless, sterile outfit fighting for survival in the championship. Morgan with his poor decision making and Moxey with his intention to squeeze every last penny out of supporters to maintain his bank balance. The problem is, other than loyal supporters shunning games, we can do nothing about it, Morgan has the power to do what he wants. I'm not a regular at games these days and I feel for the fans who have to watch the rubbish being churned out week after week and the stupid statements being made by the manager on a daily basis. Passion for this wonderful old club is being destroyed. At least I have memories of better days to go back to.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wouldn't say its since he's took over. Lets be fair here, we did get promoted under Morgan's ownership.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think the decision to award long contracts to players would only have been McCarthys. He of course has to take a share of responsibility but the buck stops with Morgan for me- his running of the club has been a horror show. At least with the Bhatti's they had a plan, it failed so they tore the life out of the club deliberately- with Morgan you can see him sat at a desk looking like a rabbit in the headlights thinking '$$$$....what do I do next'

Seasider

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Morgan...he owns the club, he makes the big decisions. And he keeps getting them wrong.

S

Space Wolf

Morgan for me. Has the guy made one correct decision since he's owned us?

D

Deleted member 4099

Its a combination starting with SM then JM then last managers. Even though I think lots of the players are $$$$ and well passed ther sell by date. It's not there fault there still here a lot more could and should have been done to break up MMs championship winning team. It wasn't and now we reap what we sow. Going down.

M

Mugwump

Morgan, Moxey, Thelwell, McCarthy and most of all the players are the creators of this mess. Some of these players really are poor excuses for human beings.

M

Mugwump

Morgan...he owns the club, he makes the big decisions. And he keeps getting them wrong.

Moxey is a massive influence over this club. He has more power than somebody in his position should have.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Ultimately has to be Morgan for a series of extremely poor decisions over the last 12 months.

Two awfully timed sackings and three unnecessarily risky managerial appointments have effectively thrown away all the good did for us in his earlier seasons.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd go with

1. Morgan
2. Moxey
3. The players these three are quite close in terms of who I blame.

I did blame Mick for quite a bit of what's going on now because he didn't move players on/freshened up the squad like he should have after staying up on the last day against Blackburn but part of me is now thinking was he backed by Morgan?

I mean MM doesn't seem the guy who is going to come out and criticise the club so we'll never really know but I do remember reading an article somewhere that mentioned there was a list of players he wanted and we only got two of those because Morgan didn't back him.

C

Craddockinho

Moxey is a massive influence over this club. He has more power than somebody in his position should have.

You're right, but who employs him and delegates to him?

Morgan cannot make a footballing decision to save his life.

He is meant to be a self-made millionaire and a succesful businessman. Personally the way he runs Wolves I am suprised he can tie his own shoelaces.

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There's a great post on another forum, which bears reading as it implicates over-hasty fans as well as irresolute, pound-obsessed owners in our decline:

I am not a Wolves fan but my brother is so i have always had an eye to Wolves on the side and often play them on FM.You can call it an affair so to say and even tho reading the forum now and then i have never felt for posting until i saw this question.I will tell you how i see the situation, you may agree or disagree but it is only my view and my brother dont agree with all of it just so you know.

I feel Wolves fans have alot of this to blame on yourselfes and i will explain it.

At the end of last season my brother was devastated, Wolves had done one of the worst results in the history of the Premier League and played football no one with a heart could love.To top that you sold the 3 star players/performers and sacked the manager way too late.
To my surprise it was Staale Solbakken who got appointed as the new manager, a man so unlike the boring image of Wolves.A manager probably less than 5% had heard about but a Dane like me knew who he is.
Out with the boring old and in with Staale.The man who went straight up in Guardiolas face to say what he felt, the man who removed the legend Podolski as Koln captain as his first move.A man who told the press to $#@! off and that Jesus and Mourinho would struggle at his club, TOGETHER! So passionate that he gets his star player to grab around his throat cause he treated him as everyone else.
A manager who dont give a $#@! what others think as long as his club gets things right.

Wolves had it all sorted imo when you appointed Staale.If he had been given the time he needed Wolves would been in the top of the championship next year with a squad who knew what football to play every single match.
Instead the fans whined about changes not happening fast enough and the club owner lacked balls to complete his vision with Staale and sacked him.

Did you guys know he almost got fired in Copenhagen too? The club owner there told the fans to stay home if they didn`t like the manager, their visions would go through no matter what.
The result was that unmotivated players got sold, the deadweight got loaded off for cheap money and new hungry players got brought in and Copenhagen enjoyed the best results in the clubs history.
All he needed was time to get the right players for the system he is dedicated too.

You Wolves fans could have had a manager with who creates a show around the club just cause of who he is but forced him out so you could get a MUCH better one in.

Therefore i dont feel with you guys now that you have 7 matches without a win and with 10 more players to use than Staale had.Even i would done better than Saunders.( atleast on FM13)

The grass aint always greener on the other side.Sometimes you just need to let it grow before you chop it.

C

Craddockinho

Yeh, Solbakken was great. The good old days of Luton away.

OsloWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There's a great post on another forum, which bears reading as it implicates over-hasty fans as well as irresolute, pound-obsessed owners in our decline:

I am not a Wolves fan but my brother is so i have always had an eye to Wolves on the side and often play them on FM.You can call it an affair so to say and even tho reading the forum now and then i have never felt for posting until i saw this question.I will tell you how i see the situation, you may agree or disagree but it is only my view and my brother dont agree with all of it just so you know.

I feel Wolves fans have alot of this to blame on yourselfes and i will explain it.

At the end of last season my brother was devastated, Wolves had done one of the worst results in the history of the Premier League and played football no one with a heart could love.To top that you sold the 3 star players/performers and sacked the manager way too late.
To my surprise it was Staale Solbakken who got appointed as the new manager, a man so unlike the boring image of Wolves.A manager probably less than 5% had heard about but a Dane like me knew who he is.
Out with the boring old and in with Staale.The man who went straight up in Guardiolas face to say what he felt, the man who removed the legend Podolski as Koln captain as his first move.A man who told the press to $#@! off and that Jesus and Mourinho would struggle at his club, TOGETHER! So passionate that he gets his star player to grab around his throat cause he treated him as everyone else.
A manager who dont give a $#@! what others think as long as his club gets things right.

Wolves had it all sorted imo when you appointed Staale.If he had been given the time he needed Wolves would been in the top of the championship next year with a squad who knew what football to play every single match.
Instead the fans whined about changes not happening fast enough and the club owner lacked balls to complete his vision with Staale and sacked him.

Did you guys know he almost got fired in Copenhagen too? The club owner there told the fans to stay home if they didn`t like the manager, their visions would go through no matter what.
The result was that unmotivated players got sold, the deadweight got loaded off for cheap money and new hungry players got brought in and Copenhagen enjoyed the best results in the clubs history.
All he needed was time to get the right players for the system he is dedicated too.

You Wolves fans could have had a manager with who creates a show around the club just cause of who he is but forced him out so you could get a MUCH better one in.

Therefore i dont feel with you guys now that you have 7 matches without a win and with 10 more players to use than Staale had.Even i would done better than Saunders.( atleast on FM13)

The grass aint always greener on the other side.Sometimes you just need to let it grow before you chop it.

This is it. Spot on, really.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I blame Mick for buying $$$$e and then giving them extended 4 and 5 year contracts. However, Morgan should never have stormed the dressing room, should have sacked Mick earlier and shouldn't have appointed TC. To which you would also have to also blame Moxey in supporting or maybe even suggesting the decisions taken. Then there's the players. $$$$ 'em!!!!

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeh, Solbakken was great. The good old days of Luton away.

That's to ignore the chronology of what actually happened and how it happened.

By the time of Thelwell's appointment, everyone knew Solbakken was on the way out inside the club. The last few games were played with that backdrop of a doomed manager who was to be removed before he got the chance to spend any money in the transfer window. Anyone who saw any of those last four games of the Solbakken period saw that the players were not playing for him, but against him.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Interesting post and a lot of what was said may well have happened. However, there was absolutely zero evidence that we were improving under Solbakken and in his last 15 games, we were actually backwards. In fact, we were frequently having less than 40% possession in matches and only one or two shots on target per match (one of the perks of doing the match ratings thread). If there had been any remote evidence of us improving and adapting to a new, progressive style under Solbakken, he would still be here.

I've frequently said that I thought we pulled the trigger too soon on Stale. I can, however, understand why the board acted after the manner of the performances against Peterbrough, Ipswich, Palace and Luton. What I can't understand is the logc of making another unnecessarily risky appointment so soon afterwards.

D

Deleted member 3751

I blame Mick for buying $$$$e and then giving them extended 4 and 5 year contracts. However, Morgan should never have stormed the dressing room, should have sacked Mick earlier and shouldn't have appointed TC. To which you would also have to also blame Moxey in supporting or maybe even suggesting the decisions taken. Then there's the players. $$$$ 'em!!!!

This has played a massive part in my opinion, though to be fair it was probably more Moxey 'protecting the investment' than anything else. Too many players here too long far too set in their ways.

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting post and a lot of what was said may well have happened. However, there was absolutely zero evidence that we were improving under Solbakken and in his last 15 games, we were actually backwards. In fact, we were frequently having less than 40% possession in matches and only one or two shots on target per match (one of the perks of doing the match ratings thread). If there had been any remote evidence of us improving and adapting to a new, progressive style under Solbakken, he would still be here.

I've frequently said that I thought we pulled the trigger too soon on Stale. I can, however, understand why the board acted after the manner of the performances against Peterbrough, Ipswich, Palace and Luton. What I can't understand is the logc of making another unnecessarily risky appointment so soon afterwards.

But I think that is the point the Copenhagen fan is making. If you are going to turn around a club, then there will be protracted periods where life is difficult, fractious and results are poor. The job of senior management is to see through those kind of times, back the manager and stand up to the destructive elements inside the club, (which are several at Wolves). Instead the opposite happened. Senior management stood idly and silently by and not only refused to back their own choice when the going got tough, but worked actively to find his cheap replacement.

It was amateurishness of the most culpable kind. And in the process we lost the most intelligent manager for decades and moreover the chance to build a base in Scandinavia, which may never come again.

L

Linthouse Boy

How can anyone can blame Mick for the current situation ?????

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Morgan. He should have fired McCarthy when Big Sam was available or the latest Swansea at Molineux.

He dithered around and then sacked him with no decent replacement available.

Ivegotawolvesscarf

Reaction score
Despite the fact that he was playing terrible football and we were going down under him, despite preseason hopes of promotion, I don't remember any fan protests against Stale or major calls for him to be sacked. Certainly nothing like what happened to McCarthy. How are fans at fault?

Back
Top Bottom