Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

West Ham United Verdict

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well he has spoken fairly openly about his desperation to leave and pushing for the move to happen as soon as fat Frank called him.

A happy man doesn’t do that…..
Man management issues are something that have been consistent with Lage. Anyone blaming him for having an ego and pushing for a move just because he wasn't a starter is wrong and that ought to be obvious enough without insider rumours.

I don't hear much but did hear it's an unhappy camp and has been for quite some time.

Yesterday those pigeons finally came home to roost in public but there've been so many leaks it's not exactly news. What's frustrating is the club obviously knew in the summer yet chose to continue with Lage, leading us to lose several players - Coady being the most critical one who left 100% because of Lage.

Polish Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I wouldn't rate our players at all until they play for a proper manager.

I strongly believe they will come good when the right culture and the right setup is implemented.

RAN for example, I'm sure he's told to come inside which is ridiculous. I am infuriated when I see it. First he traps the ball nicely and progresses with it at pace. Sometimes he is able to beat a player at the same time. But rather than keeping the momentum going, he goes inside and uncovers his left foot making it easy for defenders. All of that to pass sideways or to a right footed player coming on the overlap. That player goes inside again and so on... Tippy tappy with no purpose.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neves was tremendous yesterday - this guy does whatever it takes and gives everything every game no matter what stupid position he has to play. Jonny, Im not sure where he played, but again was good and gave everything. Apart from (and it kills me to say it) Moutinho who is really struggling in every aspect every player tried hard, we just look utterly rudderless, no one really knows how we are supposed to be playing, what the strategy is, who is playing where. The only bright spots for me was Costa and theTraores brought some purpose and intent. Although Adama still hasnt got his shooting boots, he could easily have had two.

Sad - as West Ham are poor bar Bowen who is a really good player

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Where is the evidence that 'he hates us'? Coady is an England international. It seems that Bruno told him he couldn't expect 1st team football. This after having been an ever present in the PL for the last four seasons. Yesterday he scored and was Everton's best player. Rapidly establishing himself as first on the team sheet. He hasn't slagged Bruno or the club off to my knowledge, he is too classy for that, but I can imagine he is ****ed off.
Yes, the 'hates us' was a bit unfair and exaggerated to make a point.

However, he's not as classy as you imply in my opinion. As I said, I believe he threw his toys out the pram after he lost his guaranteed place in the team. He was meant to be, and viewed by outsiders, as 'Mr Wolves' and he jumped ship at the first attempt. He then went on and on about how desperate he was to join Everton. Again, his kids who he told 'only know and love Wolves' now supported Everton. Of course, that's not a big point but shows the type he is IMO. He says what people want to hear.

By the way, you can put Boly in the same boat. He's another who ****ed us over. At least one of those should've stayed at the club but they left because they basically made us sell them. ****s.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

However, he's not as classy as you imply in my opinion. As I said, I believe he threw his toys out the pram after he lost his guaranteed place in the team. He was meant to be, and viewed by outsiders, as 'Mr Wolves' and he jumped ship at the first attempt. He then went on and on about how desperate he was to join Everton. Again, his kids who he told 'only know and love Wolves' now supported Everton. Of course, that's not a big point but shows the type he is IMO. He says what people want to hear.

By the way, you can put Boly in the same boat. He's another who ****ed us over. At least one of those should've stayed at the club but they left because they basically made us sell them. ****s.
Mate, you keep repeating this. Not only have I told you (don't believe me, fine - am just a random forumer) but there's nothing out there anywhere which implies he would be the type to do that or did.

He left because things went downhill badly internally and that wasn't on him.

Last edited:

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mate, you keep repeating this. Not only have I told you (don't believe me, fine - am just a random forumer) but there's nothing out there anywhere which implies he would be the type to do that or did.

He left because things went downhill badly internally and that wasn't on him.
I was replying to someone. I don't understand in terms of he's not the 'type'. Everything I'm saying is factual - his form in pre-season, comments after joining Everton, first real competition for years etc and my interpretation is based on that.

It's not that I don't believe you, it's just you've not actually said anything that could change my mind other than 'Lage'. I'm happy to change my opinion if you want to explain. But if you don't, which would be fair enough, then I've got nothing else to really go on.

Rauls Headband

Reaction score

I can understand why you might feel a little way like that, it certainly is raw when someone who epitomised the club is now rebuilding that image at another.

When you think about the importance placed on Coady as part of the England squad, and the fact that in less than half a dozen games he’s taken the Captains armband for Everton, not to mention clearly leading a quiet upturn in form there (while scoring and getting assists too) I don’t think that fits the image you describe above though, it’s difficult to rationalise that.

What if Coady, being the character that we all have witnessed over the years, spent all of last season, shielding the squad from the worst of Lages man management, kept them believing for as long as possible in his ‘methods’, while at the same time shielding Lage from the frustrations of the players and trying to communicate that to Lage until he just couldn’t do it any more (think February), and that‘s when the rot really started to set in.

Lage, in return and thanks for that loyalty, demotes him to playing 3rd fiddle, and gives the Captains armband to someone else. Couldn‘t blame him for not wanting to hang around in those circumstances.

All conjecture on my part, but when you see how quickly things are falling apart, and the lack of respect the players clearly hold for Lage, not to mention the thinly veiled social media comments by Saiss, Boly, Marcal and Coadys friends and family, you do have to wonder….

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Very one-eyed assessment. My guess is that Boly, like Coady, was ****ed off at the way he was treated by Lage, who is notoriously **** at man management -- I give you his public rollicking of Hoever, who is just a kid. We will come to regret losing both players IMO.

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Although I wouldn't have pulled the trigger on trigger so soon after the window, I never really liked the bloke or the way he interacted on the training clips I saw. I guess the players won't be too upset either.
Bring back Nuno!!! Or another man manager with a clear philosophy.

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Funny old thing but he lost the dressing room at Benfica too - l think publicly pillorying Hoever was the beginning of the end.
Actually, the beginning of the end was that thug David Luiz of Arsenal ending Jimenez career as a first class striker and then us paying £35 million for a nobody! I wonder who sanctioned that?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Actually, the beginning of the end was that thug David Luiz of Arsenal ending Jimenez career as a first class striker and then us paying £35 million for a nobody! I wonder who sanctioned that?
I am bloody confused. What has an incident which happened at least half a season before Lage got the head coach's job got to do with his epic failure? Oh, and Fabio, who is (and was, being one of the most highly regarded young talents in Europe if not the world at the time) far from a non-entity, was signed months before that incident with Raul.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
verdict can now be summed up in one simple phrase…..”out of darkness cometh light“

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was at the game, having to sit with home fans, which I hate but beggars cant be choosers, I guess.

The performance wasnt as bad as made out by many of the comments here, imv. We consistently made chances
and good positions throughout the game, but lacked, again again, the finishing touch. Looking at the playback of the disallowed goal
showed a very marginal offside call, after an excellent piece of interplay.

Mostly the defence actually did well in the absence of Collins, but undone by two superb finishes. West Ham remain a decent team, who will always create chances, as they have done throughout this season, but it just seemed inevitable that they would find their shooting boots against us. We do now the look and feel of unlucky losers.

On the plus side, Podence and Traore were always a threat, at least in their buildup play. Costa looked an elite player, confident, good movement, assertive and good technique. Can see him playing an important supporting role this season. Kilman and Neves did well mostly. Nunes looks a very good player indeed, but drifts out of the game far too much.

Overall, we look a good footballing side, but a side with a powderpuff attack, and a tendency to give the opposition a few chances.
Some of it might be down to Moutinho's declining influence, but just might be a lack of determination and motivation which has arisen from a poor relationship with Lage.

Inevitable that Lage went however after such an extended run of poor results.

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thoroughly depressed after watching the match on Sky.
We have to get rid of Lage now.
West Ham have not won at home for 6 months until they played our shambles of a team.
Moutinho has lost it and sad to watch - simply too old.
Sa seems nothing like he was last season.
Can't believe we paid £27M for Guedes - what a waste of money?
That's it - I am off to bed and will be in a bad mood all weekend and probably longer.
Our next match is against Chelsea who we will have to face without Neves, Collins and I presume Neto.
Please Wolves, cheer me up by getting rid of BL in the next few days...
...and they did cheer me up!! :)
:)

Back
Top Bottom