Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

West Ham United Verdict

ewarwoowar

Reaction score
We just look so clueless he cant stay in charge. Guedes he doesnt seem to know where he wants to play him, which isnt helping him at all. Neto he knows where he wants to play him but its in a role he isnt suited for. He loses one defender and he totally changes the team shape. Its comical from him.
it is like mad mick part 2,Ruben Neves at the back!!!! do me a cheesy

Ian C

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He ****ing hates us. He couldn't get out quick enough. He wouldn't even stay to be third choice or to fight for his place.

There are many, many reasons for us being in this position now and whilst they're by no means the major reason, the likes of Boly and Coady didn't help us at all.

They were both selfish and left us in an awful position.
If you knew your boss hated you, would you stick around or move on to a job you would enjoy more?

KnowNuttin

Reaction score
The whole mentality seems wrong.I is like watching a young and inexperienced Stefan Edberg(Tennis) getting behind.
The neck goes down a little bit and the spirit with it.

Haha... From now on, no thread on here is complete without a Stefan Edberg reference. Love it!

Andywolf74

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Those Portugese players at other clubs seem to be doing fine. Man City had several that ran rings around us, as they do everybody. Is it that we have some kind of "critical mass" of them, maybe? One or two is fine, but when you get to 5 or 6, they can't help but slow the pace down to Portugese league level? Straw clutching..maybe.
Contrarian, that’s my fear that the overload of Portuguese players has left us with a team better suited to a different league. Jarrod Bowen is a classic example of someone we could have signed from Hull instead of spending far more on Silva. The likes of Bowen, Ivan Toney and Ollie Watkins were all highly rated in the Championship but our one dimensional recruitment seemed to overlook them. All 3 now have a resale value way above what they were signed for.

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Out of interest, I wonder what the stats are for WWFC giving struggling teams a leg up over the last 5-10 years. Surely we must be up there as one of the most generous, and a fixture against us is relished by teams having a hard time.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was so chilled out at the start of the weekend - Didn’t watch any football for two weeks and didn’t even worry about Wolves… One game back and I’ve woken up the morning after absolutely fuming still. This side really are bad for stress levels and my mental health.

Beeches wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Our attacking intent is embarrassing for a Premier league club.
It's clear the players have lost faith in Bruno.
Each game is the same, players just going through the motions.
Change needed urgently, worring times but there's plenty of time left of the season to get the right coach in and turn this around.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It must be a tricky balance for the players to try hard enough so that the fans don't call them out, but not so hard that they end up winning the game and keeping the head coach they want rid of in his job.
I think the players do try but if they’re instructions are fruitless and the organisation is in disarray, they’re going to achieve f’-all

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Those Portugese players at other clubs seem to be doing fine. Man City had several that ran rings around us, as they do everybody. Is it that we have some kind of "critical mass" of them, maybe? One or two is fine, but when you get to 5 or 6, they can't help but slow the pace down to Portugese league level? Straw clutching..maybe.
The critical mass would be offset by ditching the deadweight in the dugout IMO

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My personal opinion is that Adama and Diego looked like head and shoulders above anyone else in our team yesterday.
They actually attacked with some bad intentions,and their combined effort were close to producing two goals yesterday.
I think Pod did okay as well.The guy is limited and very much up or down as a player..but at least he was trying to score.
Jonny is finished at these levels I do think.I like the guy,but his overall performances since his last injury is no where near up to par.
RAN is not good enough defending.It was a little bit sickening watching him getting taken to the cleaner by Bowen when he scored West Hams second goal.We have seen it on other occassions as well prior this season.RAN got of on the wrong foot from first whistle this season(against Leeds)and hasn´t recovered defencewise since.
He is useful going forward though,and no one can deny he is a very interesting talent..but a 20 year old should be filled with confidence and spirit..the lad didn´t even try to shoot on goal when presented with a big opportunity first half.
It was a sad thing to see.
Numerous others has allready pointed out the FACT it is a stupid move to have Neves playing central defence.
He is not particulary good at it,and it hurts our midfield in a massive way.Toti should of course have played there instead.
Semedo is not up to full form yet,as expected after his injury.He is solid defencewise but doesn´t bring much up field..the reverse of RAN.

Nunes,Guedes I´ve allready talked about.
Neto out injured for a longer timeperiod it seems.He has been a shell thus far of the player he once was.Jury´s out regarding his future as having the potential to become a top player.He hasn´t looked right after his injury I´m sorry to say.
Same goes for the once mighty Raul.Seems like Luiz killed the top player and instead we are nowadays left with a forward not up to Prem league requirements.
Even Sa doesn´t look right...not near his overall quality from last season thus far.Is probably having negative sideeffects from a defensive line not as good as last seasons(they were rock solid for two thirds of last season..and of course,Coady was included here).

Only positives were Adama and Diego Costa.Only two proper footballing performances from guys wearing old gold and black yesterday.

We must be the single most boring team to watch in the country.3 goals in 8 and not a single second half goal to our name on top of the awful stats from end of last season.

It is pitiful..just pitiful.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bravely I watched the highlights again on motd. Defensive shambles. Not picking up runners, leaving too much space, allowing players to turn. Then the stat that we are the worst team in the prem since the start of last season with attempts at goal shots on target and conversion rate compounds it. Then it’s reported that Wolves are seriously considering Bruno Lages position as coach. Here’s a hint. Stop considering and fire the ****

rubyloo

Reaction score
Just back from a 30 mile bike ride. Spent most of it wondering why RAN would square the ball to nobody instead of passing into an empty net. Our coaching is very impressive.

BarryM

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Does anyone actually know the formation we played yesterday?

I could t tell whether we played a 3/5 at the back or a 4!

It looked like we played a hybrid … on the left RAN looked like he was playing as wing back but on the right it looked like Jonny was right back and Semedo was just infront of him as a traditional right mid.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It looked like we played a hybrid … on the left RAN looked like he was playing as wing back but on the right it looked like Jonny was right back and Semedo was just infront of him as a traditional right mid.
Yeah that’s what it seemed like.
Lage likes to play two systems at the same time; just in case the players become in danger of knowing what they’re meant to be doing.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score

The players certainly didn’t look like they knew what the system was!

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I think BL had clearly been taking his inspiration from the Mike Bassett Coaching manual.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Out of interest, I wonder what the stats are for WWFC giving struggling teams a leg up over the last 5-10 years. Surely we must be up there as one of the most generous, and a fixture against us is relished by teams having a hard time.
I have said this before. Got pilloried on another forum for it several years ago. Since Nuno was appointed we still have that Achilles heel. We lost at sunderland when they were down and we were champions 3 0, spent years trying to beat Brighton before they were any good, have been doubled by palace thrashed by Burnley Beaten by Cardiff Watford Norwich Burnley WBA Huddersfield in seasons when they got relegated. It’s a lot more than coincidence. We play **** teams into form far too often .

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just back from a 30 mile bike ride. Spent most of it wondering why RAN would square the ball to nobody instead of passing into an empty net. Our coaching is very impressive.
I listened to the whole game live on the radio. When he did that the commentary team were momentarily dumb struck

Loefah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I have said this before. Got pilloried on another forum for it several years ago. Since Nuno was appointed we still have that Achilles heel. We lost at sunderland when they were down and we were champions 3 0, spent years trying to beat Brighton before they were any good, have been doubled by palace thrashed by Burnley Beaten by Cardiff Watford Norwich Burnley WBA Huddersfield in seasons when they got relegated. It’s a lot more than coincidence. We play **** teams into form far too often .
You could probably take that stat back 30 years. We've always been game raisers, putting in great performances against better sides and poor against struggling teams, even during the Championship wilderness years.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The team has always had a soft core. We can't deal with teams that come to battle and stonewall. The 'big' teams don't do that, which is why we generally have looked better against them and pulled off a lot of wins, especially under Nuno.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bravely I watched the highlights again on motd. Defensive shambles. Not picking up runners, leaving too much space, allowing players to turn. Then the stat that we are the worst team in the prem since the start of last season with attempts at goal shots on target and conversion rate compounds it. Then it’s reported that Wolves are seriously considering Bruno Lages position as coach. Here’s a hint. Stop considering and fire the ****
Another thing...watching Mouts before the italian strike(like Cutrone never could)that leads to West Hams opening goal.
Mouts could easily have been in prime position to have blocked that shot.
He just didn´t made the effort.

chignalwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If you knew your boss hated you, would you stick around or move on to a job you would enjoy more?
Agree, this manager has upset to many players to just point a finger at Coady and Bolly. both very professional and loyal,
What club would let the club Captain, England International, also captain of his country on occasions, go out on loan to a rival.
Lampard must have thought he'd won the lottery. the same Lampard that won everything in football and knows a class player when he sees one,

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve just got home and I’m still fuming.

Sat on a coach since 11am. 4.5 hours there, and the same back after some horrendous traffic. £70 of precious money in tickets and travel during a financial crisis to watch that pile of ****, and then they have the NERVE to walk off without clapping us.

Neves came over, but that **** Bruno couldn’t get down the tunnel quick enough. That’s it for me, no more wasted time or money while that clueless ***** is there.

He’s obviously lost the players, and today he lost most of the fans. First time I’ve heard boo’s and chants of Bruno out / you don’t know what you’re doing.

**** off Bruno
I live in Islington, no more than than five miles away, and couldn't be ***** going. Two/three years ago you couldn't have kept me away.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolute rubbish. You don't have the slightest clue what happened.

And that's all I'm saying. Actually I will say one.

Lage.
Well he has spoken fairly openly about his desperation to leave and pushing for the move to happen as soon as fat Frank called him.

A happy man doesn’t do that…..

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah that’s what it seemed like.
Lage likes to play two systems at the same time; just in case the players become in danger of knowing what they’re meant to be doing.
Well, he doesn't know what he's doing so why the **** should the players?

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He ****ing hates us. He couldn't get out quick enough. He wouldn't even stay to be third choice or to fight for his place.

There are many, many reasons for us being in this position now and whilst they're by no means the major reason, the likes of Boly and Coady didn't help us at all.

They were both selfish and left us in an awful position.
Where is the evidence that 'he hates us'? Coady is an England international. It seems that Bruno told him he couldn't expect 1st team football. This after having been an ever present in the PL for the last four seasons. Yesterday he scored and was Everton's best player. Rapidly establishing himself as first on the team sheet. He hasn't slagged Bruno or the club off to my knowledge, he is too classy for that, but I can imagine he is ****ed off.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The team has always had a soft core. We can't deal with teams that come to battle and stonewall. The 'big' teams don't do that, which is why we generally have looked better against them and pulled off a lot of wins, especially under Nuno.
Sadly true.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If there's one player who drives me up the wall it's RAN. Such a talented player but, when it really counts, his decision making and execution are terrible.

Yes, it's turning into an Adama-type situation. Polarising supporters, because for all his flashy skills, what does RAN actually achieve? Second goal yesterday, he's turned inside out. So often in matches, he's the wrong side of an opponent. Also, despite his occasional burst of pace, he invariably ends it with that trick where he steps on the ball to stop it, then turns and plays a safe pass. Does it all the time.

Once you see these things it's hard to unsee. But as he runs around a lot, he has most believing he's a superstar being let down by those around him. His core problem seems to be that he's such a slow thinker, slow to see opportunity and slow to react. It doesn't matter that he's past a defender, because then he'll have to engage his brain for a minute to think of what to do next.

Our wing backs/fullbacks not contributing anything is a key part of our lack of scoring. Semedo and Jonny are creating nothing, but at least they haven't been disaster areas helping opponents out at both ends. All young players have these spells, I'm sure he'll get it right eventually, but at the moment, could do with being taken out of the firing line. If only we had still Marcal, and I never thought I'd be saying that! Someone dependable to steady the ship.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree, this manager has upset to many players to just point a finger at Coady and Bolly. both very professional and loyal,
What club would let the club Captain, England International, also captain of his country on occasions, go out on loan to a rival.
Lampard must have thought he'd won the lottery. the same Lampard that won everything in football and knows a class player when he sees one,
Funny old thing but he lost the dressing room at Benfica too - l think publicly pillorying Hoever was the beginning of the end.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve just got home and I’m still fuming.

Sat on a coach since 11am. 4.5 hours there, and the same back after some horrendous traffic. £70 of precious money in tickets and travel during a financial crisis to watch that pile of ****, and then they have the NERVE to walk off without clapping us.

Neves came over, but that **** Bruno couldn’t get down the tunnel quick enough. That’s it for me, no more wasted time or money while that clueless ***** is there.

He’s obviously lost the players, and today he lost most of the fans. First time I’ve heard boo’s and chants of Bruno out / you don’t know what you’re doing.

**** off Bruno
And people defended the club and Vinny for their day light robbery and die hard fans who pushed their budgets for decades to go being priced out…..

Well they have truly ****ed it!!! Massive discounts on shirts incoming!!!!! As is always the way with the **** BTEC / Wish.com jez moxey that is Binny when the team are playing ****. Look at how many cheap shirts deals we got last season….. even bogies fans I know were laughing at us over it!!!!

Wake up people, these people are not infallible or the messiahs of our club….. they are very very STUPID boys!!!!!

chignalwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If there's one player who drives me up the wall it's RAN. Such a talented player but, when it really counts, his decision making, and execution are terrible.
Do you think he plays in the right position; he covers to much ground down that line, then runs out of steam, Semedo seems to be the same,
I always think Traore covers to much of the field, suppose its modern-day football,
Coaches watch Pep at Man City and think they can do the same, but the players are nowhere near his players abilities,
Hoddle was the same with us, used to coach players thinking they could do what he used to do on the field,
Stick to the players level you have,

BarryM

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Do you think he plays in the right position; he covers to much ground down that line, then runs out of steam, Semedo seems to be the same,
I always think Traore covers to much of the field, suppose its modern-day football,
Coaches watch Pep at Man City and think they can do the same, but the players are nowhere near his players abilities,
Hoddle was the same with us, used to coach players thinking they could do what he used to do on the field,
Stick to the players level you have,
Most other teams including Pep have a player that see’s a full back going forward and instinctively without even thinking about it goes over to that side to cover … we don’t.

RAN likes to get forward, that’s his best attribute and what he did week in week out at Angers, he still does that at Wolves but when the ball gets turned over he looks back and sees the player covering his area of the pitch is the centre half he plays next to, not the centre mid who has dropped in to cover.

That is down to personnel on the pitch and instructions given to those that are on the pitch by ultimately one person … the manager.

Basics.

chignalwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Funny old thing but he lost the dressing room at Benfica too - l think publicly pillorying However was the beginning of the end.
I know Nuno wasn't everyone's cup of tea, but he seemed to put belief into his players and got the best out of them and had loyalty going both ways.
Agree, it showed ages ago after as you say, "publicly pillorying was the beginning of the end", he lost them from that day" regardless of what the players said.

chignalwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Basics.
[/QUOTE]
the difference is
Most other teams including Pep have a player that see’s a full back going forward and instinctively without even thinking about it goes over to that side to cover … we don’t.

RAN likes to get forward, that’s his best attribute and what he did week in week out at Angers, he still does that at Wolves but when the ball gets turned over he looks back and sees the player covering his area of the pitch is the centre half he plays next to, not the centre mid who has dropped in to cover.

That is down to personnel on the pitch and instructions given to those that are on the pitch by ultimately one person … the manager.

Basics.
Not saying you're wrong BarryM, but as i said Pep has the players who have the highest quality and ability to allow that style.
I think Bruno needs to play to what he's got and not expect so much from the kids at Wolves, one day RAN will be a very high-class player under the right coach.
Jota at Liverpool under a differant class manager and better class players around him stood out.
Traoré is to me a right winger and best at sticking to that, would'nt let him anywhere else especially not going anywhere near the defence,

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom