Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

We let Bruno down

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whoever decided that the way to go about the January transfer window was to make us worse and weaken us is a genius.

February could well see us mid table and nothing realistic to play for.
Someone who only cares about ££££
They ll swap trincao for Traore ,and are no longer paying Traore s wages....got 3 youngsters in for peanuts ( 1 who's big in Japan ) ,who MAY be worth a big profit in years to come... pathetic

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If they’d lost confidence in Jeff he’d be long gone. They aren’t a company scared of making big decisions. As an investment vehicle I imagine they’re ecstatic at the job he’s doing
Possibly, however removing Jeff would signal a failing on their part as well as he's their man. More likely they have him on a short leash.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You do realise sport is about hopes & dreams right? What is the forum meant to be, a single thread titled ‘don’t get over excited’?

That’ll keep people coming back. Aim for mediocrity, the safe middle, nothing to get worked up about. A life of beige.
Of course it’s about hope, I’m not saying different. I’m saying crying because of a result is reactionary and it wouldn’t have happened had we won. Do we have to have an enquiry about ambition after every loss??

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Possibly, however removing Jeff would signal a failing on their part as well as he's their man. More likely they have him on a short leash.
Seeing as he’s had a promotion recently inside of Fosun would suggest otherwise

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I believe that Fosun has lost confidence in Shi. After the splurge/waste/investment (you choose) of £35m on Silva and a similar amount on Semedo, the purse strings have been well and truly tightened. We now have to sell to buy and if Barca renege on the Traore 'agreement', then we really only have Neves who could command a reasonable fee.
Big summer coming up.
Neto would still command a sizeable fee (massive if he comes back how he left us), and Kilman and Sa have also moved into that bracket, we'd get big money for those if we sold

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Of course it’s about hope, I’m not saying different. I’m saying crying because of a result is reactionary and it wouldn’t have happened had we won. Do we have to have an enquiry about ambition after every loss??
You keep making the same point - ‘we wouldn’t complain about a loss after a win’ - clearly not. It’s possibly the most redundant observation in the history of the internet.

We’re linking the last two losses to squad issues that have been ignored during the recent transfer window and long before. And yes plenty of people still pointed out the squad issues and importance of the transfer window even when we were winning…

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You keep making the same point - ‘we wouldn’t complain about a loss after a win’ - clearly not. It’s possibly the most redundant observation in the history of the internet.

We’re linking the last two losses to squad issues that have been ignored during the recent transfer window and long before. And yes plenty of people still pointed out the squad issues and importance of the transfer window even when we were winning…
If I may ask you something……
If Bruno came straight out publicly and said that he and Jeff tried very hard and long to find and buy players in the Jan. window, would you give them any credit for trying?

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m not defending it actually, I’m merely pointing out how pathetic this Thread is. I’ll say it again for you, would this have been a thread had we won?

Actually, there was a thread right after the United win, pleading with Fosun to back Bruno, in which similar things to this thread were being discussed.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep we remained unbeaten in January and most wanted us to get in some reinforcements in, it's nothing to do with hindsight or reacting to a loss, it's reacting to the state of the squad

Yep a lot of us on here were calling for reinforcements even after the Man Utd or around that time as most could see the squad needed a couple of quality additions to help us push on through a difficult February. As it is we didnt and have now lost the last 2 games when I am pretty convinced 2 quality players added to that side would have made a big difference.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If I may ask you something……
If Bruno came straight out publicly and said that he and Jeff tried very hard and long to find and buy players in the Jan. window, would you give them any credit for trying?
Yes in theory but it’s hasn’t happened and won’t happen because we clearly weren’t going to spend as we don’t have any money without accumulating further debt,
I’m not even mad about that - what I am mad about is not spending AND loaning out Traore when we were doing as well as we were.
People on here seem to think a nuanced position isn’t possible… for the avoidance of doubt I am PRO JEFF and PRO FOSUN - massively so. But I think we totally ****ed up this window and we’re playing a dangerous game that’s going to cost us the chance of Europe.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Actually, there was a thread right after the United win, pleading with Fosun to back Bruno, in which similar things to this thread were being discussed.

I don’t know who started that thread but they seem forward thinking, clever and probably well endowed and attractive.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Net spend my ass. He may have had a net spend on player transfers but what about promotion. What about keeping us in the pre to finish where we did. What about European money. What about full houses at molineux for every game for 4 years. What about the massive increase in shirt sales and commercial revenue. What about the value of the players he left us with that haven’t been sold. Nuno Paid that ‘net spend’ back and then some.
I mean he was absolutely worth the money but there hasn't remotely been a massive increase in commercial or shirt sale revenue. We over his tenure about broke even money wise.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes in theory but it’s hasn’t happened and won’t happen because we clearly weren’t going to spend as we don’t have any money without accumulating further debt,
I’m not even mad about that - what I am mad about is not spending AND loaning out Traore when we were doing as well as we were.
People on here seem to think a nuanced position isn’t possible… for the avoidance of doubt I am PRO JEFF and PRO FOSUN - massively so. But I think we totally ****ed up this window and we’re playing a dangerous game that’s going to cost us the chance of Europe.
We know that in the summer window Wolves were trying to get in some players which tells us they knew they needed more players.
But apart from Sa, Trincao, Mosquera and Hee Chan we didn’t get Botman and Sanchez. It happens.

It makes sense that if the right player, right price was available in Jan. that they would have got him…….why wouldn’t they continue trying as they did in the summer?
But the Jan. window is very difficult.

I would bet my last dollar that Bruno and Jeff did try to find players in this last window, apart from Chiquinho.
But slim pickens.

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The biggest mismanagement of Fosun was Diogo Jota :neutral:
I can’t agree with this. He was on the bench a lot and he didn’t always fit the system we played.

A European superpower come in with a very good offer and that’s on the owners?

That will be the player and to a lesser extent the manager. The owners saw a good return on investment and sold him.

If we wanted him to stay he should have been prioritised by the then manager.

Nothing to do with Fosun

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We know that in the summer window Wolves were trying to get in some players which tells us they knew they needed more players.
But apart from Sa, Trincao, Mosquera and Hee Chan we didn’t get Botman and Sanchez. It happens.

It makes sense that if the right player, right price was available in Jan. that they would have got him…….why wouldn’t they continue trying as they did in the summer?
But the Jan. window is very difficult.

I would bet my last dollar that Bruno and Jeff did try to find players in this last window, apart from Chiquinho.
But slim pickens.
We know no such thing, you choose to believe their propaganda, which is your prerogative, others don't but don't state it as a fact, which it clearly isn't.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can’t agree with this. He was on the bench a lot and he didn’t always fit the system we played.

A European superpower come in with a very good offer and that’s on the owners?

That will be the player and to a lesser extent the manager. The owners saw a good return on investment and sold him.

If we wanted him to stay he should have been prioritised by the then manager.

Nothing to do with Fosun
This is what people forget. He was a player from the bevnch towards the end of that season. The same as Adama going.

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone who thinks we weren’t challenging for top 4 has obviously spent too long listening to Sky Sports and still believe the hype of the big Six.

We were 6 point off top 4 with 3 games in hand and well past the half way stage.

None of the sides outside the top 3 have looked worthy contenders for 4th place.

Have Fosun worked wonders since coming into Wolves? YES, has the recruitment and funding of the playing squad held us back over the last 3 seasons? YES!!!!

Since that summer of Promotion and signing class players like Rui, Mouts, Jonny and Raul it’s all been a bit lack lustre IMO.

I just hope there is a big war chest to freshen up the midfield and attack in the summer

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s probably been posted on here but part of me is beginning to wonder whether Jeff has run the numbers on potential player bonuses, increased squad size required to compete on all fronts and has worked out that it’s financially better to not play in Europe next season.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neto would still command a sizeable fee (massive if he comes back how he left us), and Kilman and Sa have also moved into that bracket, we'd get big money for those if we sold
Fair comment.

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know it has become polarised on here, but surely everyone agrees that the Summer is last chance saloon in terms of Fosun showing that they are still engaged?
You can be guaranteed the boys in China have the excuse book drawn up already. They will release saiss mouts Marcal etc and promote marques, Jordao and Cambell as the replacements

whitnash wolf ex.dewsbury

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has he? I wasn't aware.
Fosun Senior Assistant President,
Chair.of Fosun Sports Group,
Exec.Chair of Wolves
Fosun Sports Group ,fairly recently formed but still part of Fosun`s Happiness Division
whose mission statement is to target mid to high end family groups.
so all you legacy fans can sod off!!

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do you honestly believe they had the intention of spending 60 million on renato sanches and botman when they were selling to buy earlier in the same window?

Did they have funds available for vitinha or were they trying to renogotiate the fee?

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do you honestly believe they had the intention of spending 60 million on renato sanches and botman when they were selling to buy earlier in the same window?

Did they have funds available for vitinha or were they trying to renogotiate the fee?
No

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Then I expect a relegation battle sooner rather than later

Tbf you expected it at the start of this season.
If Raul isn’t firing we’re in for a relegation scrap

And you expected it last April, when we were 14th. Still, if Fulham had gone on that 10 game winning run that everyone thought they kept promising, it might've been closer.
We have to win or draw this game if we lose then we are in a relegation dog fight

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tbf you expected it at the start of this season.

And you expected it last April, when we were 14th. Still, if Fulham had gone on that 10 game winning run that everyone thought they kept promising, it might've been closer.
Without Raul scoring we don’t offer much do we

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m glad you’re feeling confident about tomorrow….

I keep hearing how amazing Spurs are under Conte. But then they lost to Southampton, and we're far better than them.

We're a decent side, we're going to win games and lose games, there won't always be a wider meaning attached to every single one, but people seem to assume if we win or lose in the current game, then we'll repeat that for every future game.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I keep hearing how amazing Spurs are under Conte. But then they lost to Southampton, and we're far better than them.

We're a decent side, we're going to win games and lose games, there won't always be a wider meaning attached to every single one, but people seem to assume if we win or lose in the current game, then we'll repeat that for every future game.
It’s more the fact of the poor showing in our past two games I’d of took a draw Thursday and tomorrow. Leicester at home we have to step it up and try and win or let our season fizzle out. Spurs ain’t that good and I hope we see it tomorrow just not confident going into the game

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The reality is traore created a lot of goals for our team despite that not being direct goals or assists. We have lost any threat of getting goal side of a player so will always look predictable

Back
Top Bottom