Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

We let Bruno down

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
100% agree. A chance to progress and they decided to stand still. Firepower none existent. Let Adama go who was a real threat and look at the attack now! This is on Shi and Sellars for me. FA Cup gone and now another game where we cant score a goal.

An attack minded midfield player and a forward was needed in January who were ready to play from the off. We got neither. Now we have Raul who is really struggling and Fabio who looks like he will never score a goal. They have thrown away a great opportunity this season in my opinion and it is gutting.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bruno was again not aloud to strengthen in any position by Shi /Fosun in this window..
In fact the squad is weaker now for Bruno letting Adama go on loan to Barca and MGW back out on loan to Sheffield Utd is criminal!

We were in a position to push for top 4 with Bruno doing fantastic in January with the small squad he has..
Yes defo... Jeff Shi & Fosun have let Bruno down big time!!

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hwang back soon. Whilst he doesn't have a great all around game he has scored more than a 5th of our league goals in like 10 games worth of minutes

Hope he can have an impact but I dont see him scoring a large amount to be honest. We are a squad full of attacking players who dont score.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Bruno says Moutinho felt something in training and isn’t sure how long he will be out for.

Hwang suffered a back spasm in the warm-up so wasn’t available to come on.

SanFranWolf

Transfer summary thread supremo
Reaction score
I thought we were all supposed to accept that we get beat by the likes of Arsenal, be thankful for what we have and get back in our ‘this is the best we can ever expect’ mid table place no?

I don’t watch football to believe the gas lighting **** some on here spout.

Fosun have screwed Lage over.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They left the squad short on quality in central midfield and attack. Raul having to play as Silva looks like he will never score is another failing. A striker should also have been signed.

They have potentially thrown away a great opportunity this season and some of us were voicing our concerns in the last few weeks during the window as this month was always going to be crucial with the amount of games.

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Just being realistic. I dont think we are anywhere near top 4 and were never in with a shout. You dont get top 4 scoring less than Newcastle.
Still been a good season though and bruno has been a brilliant appointment. Just some people need a reality check. We're a worse squad than the teams above us and havent got any cutting edge. Those two things mean you dont get European football.
Excellent summary.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whoever thought we were challenging top 4 is deluded. We havent thrown away anything apart from maybe a chance at 7th. Even then it was unlikely.

Sorry but I totally disagree with this. Couple of quality additions and I reckon we could. Instead we gave away an exciting player who was just coming into form and signed a rookie who may turn out to be very good but isnt ready to start yet. I reckon we have thrown away a great opportunity this season as our owners for whatever reason just arent pushing the boat out anymore.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bruno says Moutinho felt something in training and isn’t sure how long he will be out for.

Hwang suffered a back spasm in the warm-up so wasn’t available to come on.

Good job that our powers that be left us with such depth in central midfield isnt it!

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Always thought it was strange that we made such a huge decision to sack Nuno and then didn’t really back Lage financially in the Summer.

For him to then do as well as he has, publicly state in December that he wanted new players and then end the January window weaker than we started it is hugely frustrating.

The most frustrating thing is we’re really not that far away from being an extremely good side.
Fosun have little interest other than keeping Wolves 'self-sustaining', we are an asset held for sale.

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ultimately Fosun will see the outcome of their strategy, but we can’t have these kind of threads after every defeat. There’s literally nothing new to discuss other than toxicity.

We can’t change it now.
So everything is fine then and everyone be quiet and happy clap with a big elephant in the room of owners who are treating our club as their investment vehicle.

They bought it they can do what they want with it. But as long as they keep lying to us I will not be happy.

An audience is allowed to express their views even if by toxicity.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just being realistic. I dont think we are anywhere near top 4 and were never in with a shout. You dont get top 4 scoring less than Newcastle.
Still been a good season though and bruno has been a brilliant appointment. Just some people need a reality check. We're a worse squad than the teams above us and havent got any cutting edge. Those two things mean you dont get European football.
Only not reaching top 6 or 4..

As most have said on this thread so far BECAUSE FOSUN as an investment company ARE NOT investing in quality player any more for Bruno's small squad!
Jeff Shi stated last summer Wolves not investing in the ground improvements but priority was adding quality players for Bruno's first team squad.

So we can't believe Jeff Shi anymore can we?

John de Wolf's hairdryer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry Bruno, you worked magic, you got us within touching distance of the top four, but we let you down.

We loaned out a game changing dangerous forward and brought in next to nothing. We didn’t reinforce our midfield, despite Joao now being injured and having no cover.

We aren’t bothered about pressing on and trying to break the top 6, we aren’t willing to invest.

Jeff / Fosun let you down.
Not wishing to be pedantic, but the thread title is wrong. Fosun have let Bruno down; we (the fans) have not let him down. I now expect Bruno to be poached in the summer, and I won't blame him for moving somewhere where there is a budget for First XI additions who are 'oven-ready'.

Fosun have also let down the fans, something which is made more egregious by the fact that ticket prices were jacked up in the summer on the grounds that it was supposedly to aid investment in the team, investment which has subsequently proven more conspicuous by its absence than by its presence.

But apparently we're all supposed to be happy clappers because we're no longer in the Championship, or something, and I shouldn't point to the fact that the Emperor's got no clothes.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not wishing to be pedantic, but the thread title is wrong. Fosun have let Bruno down; we (the fans) have not let him down. I now expect Bruno to be poached in the summer, and I won't blame him for moving somewhere where there is a budget for First XI additions who are 'oven-ready'.

Fosun have also let down the fans, something which is made more egregious by the fact that ticket prices were jacked up in the summer on the grounds that it was supposedly to aid investment in the team, investment which has subsequently proven more conspicuous by its absence than by its presence.

But apparently we're all supposed to be happy clappers because we're no longer in the Championship, or something, and I shouldn't point to the fact that the Emperor's got no clothes.
Agree.

I agree with point of the OP but it has to be Jeff Shi/Fosun in the title.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry Bruno, you worked magic, you got us within touching distance of the top four, but we let you down.

We loaned out a game changing dangerous forward and brought in next to nothing. We didn’t reinforce our midfield, despite Joao now being injured and having no cover.

We aren’t bothered about pressing on and trying to break the top 6, we aren’t willing to invest.

Jeff / Fosun let you down.
Oh behave

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Midfield issues came home to roost.
I made 2 predictions tonight - an Arsenal player would be sent off and we'd be pretty much ****ed with an injury to either Neves or Moutinho. Right on both counts. I know we'll all have this conversation after every defeat but we're pushing for Europe and we bring on 3 kids as substitutes. Says it all to me. Let's try to finish top 10 and give Lage the tools to do the job next season.

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope he can have an impact but I dont see him scoring a large amount to be honest. We are a squad full of attacking players who dont score.
The problem is the system to me , our wing backs used to play more as wingers and supported the attack now they play more like full backs , this makes us more solid at the back but by and large crap to watch …

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The problem is the system to me , our wing backs used to play more as wingers and supported the attack now they play more like full backs , this makes us more solid at the back but by and large crap to watch …

You may be right but something has to give as our lack of goals is so poor. It cant continue. We wouldnt have scored if they had 8 men on the pitch tonight.

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You may be right but something has to give as our lack of goals is so poor. It cant continue. We wouldnt have scored if they had 8 men on the pitch tonight.
If the season peters out i can’t imagine paying my hard earned money to the away games for me and my 2 lads to watch what we are serving up at the moment !! I’d rather play 4-4-2 and have a go at teams with fabio and Raul the front 2 !! We have some very talented players in comparison to some teams in the league but i now go to games expecting not to score and not to hardly work the keeper at all either !!

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Problem still the system . Need to go to a back 4 and dominate midfield , and create clear chances with a midfielder than can commit defenders in the middle of the park.

Unfortunately we are a million miles away from this

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
WE didn't let Bruno down with us chanting ..

# Bruno Lage barmy army.. Bruno Lage barmy army.. Bruno Lage barmy army #....

JEFF SHI and FOSUN INTERNATIONAL have let US WOLVES SUPPORTERS and BRUNO LAGE down.. in the January transfer window!!

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Massively let down. But then, so was Nuno.

Fosun have so much to answer for, but they won't.

Very true. Nuno wanted Dias, Kessie and Tammy Abraham but got ****ing Jesus Vallejo on loan and Patrick Cutrone instead. The last manager was shafted particularly in his last 18 months, and the same is happening to Bruno unfortunately

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m afraid we’ve gone backwards. Two years ago we went to Spurs with a forward line of Jota, Raul, Adama and Neto, this weekend it will be an under par Raul, Podence, Silva, Trincao, Hwang and Chiquinho.

Agree. Says it all really. We may be 8th for the moment but it feels like we have gone backwards.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m afraid we’ve gone backwards. Two years ago we went to Spurs with a forward line of Jota, Raul, Adama and Neto, this weekend it will be an under par Raul, Podence, Silva, Trincao, Hwang and Chiquinho.
Almost makes me want to stay at Liverpool Street, but, I do like the Spurs away end. Nearly had me!

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not reactionary but I think we'll fall away.
Jimenez looked slightly better tonight but still broken. If Silva's the answer then someone has asked the wrong question.

Trincao is Vitinha lite (what's with the bad hair with these Portuguese kids - it's like they're styled in the 80s)

Not convinced by Hwang yet, either.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The ambitions of this club have gone from a 5 year plan, to now a 10 year project. We’re in year 4 of that process. Fresh first team faces needed

Back
Top Bottom