Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

We let Bruno down

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves lose to one of the worlds biggest clubs and the sky is falling in again, how terribly predictable.

Why didn’t someone start a thread like this when we beat United at Old Trafford?
Why would they start a thread on Bruno being let down in the January transfer market on January 3!?

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves lose to one of the worlds biggest clubs and the sky is falling in again, how terribly predictable.

Why didn’t someone start a thread like this when we beat United at Old Trafford?
Arsenal haven't been a big deal for over a decade.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why would they start a thread on Bruno being let down in the January transfer market on January 3!?
Because the all seeing eyes knew he’d be let down. Or was it classic revisionist? Do you think this thread would have been created had we (sorry I mean wolves, not villa) got a result last night? Of course it wouldn’t.

Big game for your boys against the mags the weekend though.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because the all seeing eyes knew he’d be let down. Or was it classic revisionist? Do you think this thread would have been created had we (sorry I mean wolves, not villa) got a result last night? Of course it wouldn’t.

Or because people gave fosun the window to prove themselves . And yet again they have let this manager down.

How can you possibly defend it? Ludicrous

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ll ask again where was the thread after we beat United at old Trafford? Had we have got a draw last night would one like this be started? It’s worse than pathetic.
After Man Utd we hadn’t loaned out Traore, Joao wasn’t injured and we hadn’t had a transfer window where we’d spent three fifths of **** all.
Also the whole point of the thread is we were in a moment of opportunity upon which we have utterly failed to capitalise… which wasn’t applicable after the Utd game because we hadn’t been through the window yet…

Surely that’s not too difficult to comprehend?

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Or because people gave fosun the window to prove themselves . And yet again they have let this manager down.

How can you possibly defend it? Ludicrous
I’m not defending it actually, I’m merely pointing out how pathetic this Thread is. I’ll say it again for you, would this have been a thread had we won?

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m not defending it actually, I’m merely pointing out how pathetic this Thread is. I’ll say it again for you, would this have been a thread had we won?

No but it would have been started by the end of the season . A squad of this nature simply cannot be expected to compete when the first team players are missing

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After Man Utd we hadn’t loaned out Traore, Joao wasn’t injured and we hadn’t had a transfer window where we’d spent three fifths of **** all.
Also the whole point of the thread is we were in a moment of opportunity upon which we have utterly failed to capitalise… which wasn’t applicable after the Utd game because we hadn’t been through the window yet…

Surely that’s not too difficult to comprehend?
Not difficult to comprehend this thread wouldn’t have been started had we won last night

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

You know what Officer, you’re right. I should never have made this thread now, I should have made a thread about the missed opportunity of the window back before said window had even happened. Like some sort of fortune teller. How remiss of me.

I feel I’ve let you and the rest of the thread police down.

Mods please delete the thread, Officer SBK has spoken.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not difficult to comprehend this thread wouldn’t have been started had we won last night
So the main point of your argument is that a thread reflecting on a loss (and its causes) wouldn’t happen if we’d won instead?!

Thats brilliant.

Ha. Are you a baririster in the real world? Your logic is flawless.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You know what Officer, you’re right. I should never have made this thread now, I should have made a thread about the missed opportunity of the window back before said window had even happened. Like some sort of fortune teller. How remiss of me.

I feel I’ve let you and the rest of the thread police down.

Mods please delete the thread, Officer SBK has spoken.
I’d prefer the title Major, officer feels a bit below me.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No but it would have been started by the end of the season . A squad of this nature simply cannot be expected to compete when the first team players are missing
But it is competing. Unless you really think we had a chance of champions league which of course even the most gold tinted wolves fan (which I get told I am) didn’t really think would happen.

If we get Europa League has he been let down?

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But it is competing. Unless you really think we had a chance of champions league which of course even the most gold tinted wolves fan (which I get told I am) didn’t really think would happen.

If we get Europa League has he been let down?

We miss one player and we fail to compete until a team goes down to 10 men.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So the main point of your argument is that a thread reflecting on a loss (and its causes) wouldn’t happen if we’d won instead?!

Thats brilliant.

Ha. Are you a baririster in the real world? Your logic is flawless.
Because it’s reactionary BS from adults. It 100% wouldn’t have been. Instead there’d have been a “can we actual dream of champions league” which also would have been reactionary nonsense.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How many times have they been close to a title?

Biggest fanbases, sure, biggest club full with star players? Nah, not having it.
I didn’t say biggest did I ? I said big. If you don’t think Arsenal aren’t a big club I can’t help you.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We miss one player and we fail to compete until a team goes down to 10 men.
Fail to compete? They had the most important statistic in they won the game so that obviously can’t be argued but we had more possession, more shots on and off target. That isn’t not competing. Not competing is being played off the park, were we played off the park and completely dominated?

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fail to compete? They had the most important statistic in they won the game so that obviously can’t be argued but we had more possession, more shots on and off target. That isn’t not competing. Not competing is being played off the park, were we played off the park and completely dominated?
Prior to the red card ? Really?

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno had a net spend of £170M, he certainly wasn't let down.

Net spend my ass. He may have had a net spend on player transfers but what about promotion. What about keeping us in the pre to finish where we did. What about European money. What about full houses at molineux for every game for 4 years. What about the massive increase in shirt sales and commercial revenue. What about the value of the players he left us with that haven’t been sold. Nuno Paid that ‘net spend’ back and then some.

Andy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The squad is far too thin, and Fosun have failed to back a very promising head coach who clearly needed help, at a key point of the season.

Doesn't matter if you say that after losing to Chorely or smashing Real Madrid 5-0, it's the truth.

I can accept they may have their hands tied, and if Bruno is backed in the summer then that's probably fine, but if we have a similar transfer window to the previous few, I think we'll all be starting to worry a little more about the arrangement.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

You’re being daft here.

It may not have been but so what? We’ve lost these last two games in the opinion of me, and others, because we lack squad depth and quality in key positions. So it’s completely fair and relevant to do it now.

A poor January window has already cost us and the OP has simply said that’s the case, which it is.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
These are the pretty much the same players that got us 2 7ths and within touching this season of top 4. They will come good again. Its 2 poor games. Apart from man city and liverpool no one is winning game after game.
Coady neves moutinho and Raul are the same players that are playing week in week out since we finished 7th. Raul has had a significant head injury. Moutinho we probably haven't got that long left with.
Touching distance with the top 4 this time is only really cos we've got a tonne of games in hand!
Plus the sides that finished 7th twice scored goals.

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I’m afraid we’ve gone backwards. Two years ago we went to Spurs with a forward line of Jota, Raul, Adama and Neto, this weekend it will be an under par Raul, Podence, Silva, Trincao, Hwang and Chiquinho.
When its written so clearly in black and white in front of you its hard to disagree with that. Would like a happy clappers take on the point above plz.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m afraid we’ve gone backwards. Two years ago we went to Spurs with a forward line of Jota, Raul, Adama and Neto, this weekend it will be an under par Raul, Podence, Silva, Trincao, Hwang and Chiquinho.
It is mental how when you look at most of the games in europe where we struggled wasn't in creating chances but mostly in terms of control in the middle of the park. We have a completely different front line since then, and no changes to the midfield since then. You can see how we have gone backwards as a result.

Munich_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We should have invested more in the last two years.

Fosun know this (Lage has even made it clear in several different ways) but they have made a strategic decision that anywhere from 8th - 14th will suit them happily.

Unfortunately you're correct. We talk about evolution rather than revolution but the time for that was last summer, we failed to even remotely address it and we'll be forced to revamp the whole midfield at least in June if Neves & Mouts leave.

Munich_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'll reserve judgement as I've no idea how much money they can spend. If their hands are tied, there aren't much they can do...

However I do remember Shi's words last summer that money wasn't an issue, so questions do need to be asked

You've addressed the first sentence yourself there. FFP is not an issue. It's a choice.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I believe that Fosun has lost confidence in Shi. After the splurge/waste/investment (you choose) of £35m on Silva and a similar amount on Semedo, the purse strings have been well and truly tightened. We now have to sell to buy and if Barca renege on the Traore 'agreement', then we really only have Neves who could command a reasonable fee.
Big summer coming up.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I believe that Fosun has lost confidence in Shi. After the splurge/waste/investment (you choose) of £35m on Silva and a similar amount on Semedo, the purse strings have been well and truly tightened. We now have to sell to buy and if Barca renege on the Traore 'agreement', then we really only have Neves who could command a reasonable fee.
Big summer coming up.
If they’d lost confidence in Jeff he’d be long gone. They aren’t a company scared of making big decisions. As an investment vehicle I imagine they’re ecstatic at the job he’s doing

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because it’s reactionary BS from adults. It 100% wouldn’t have been. Instead there’d have been a “can we actual dream of champions league” which also would have been reactionary nonsense.
You do realise sport is about hopes & dreams right? What is the forum meant to be, a single thread titled ‘don’t get over excited’?

That’ll keep people coming back. Aim for mediocrity, the safe middle, nothing to get worked up about. A life of beige.

Manic88

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Big summer coming up.

Funny how in your imagination the club generates zero revenue apart from player sales

Back
Top Bottom