Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

BACK BRUNO NOW

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was going to post exactly this, I’m not someone who has overly complained about Fosun or our current strategy but if ever there was a time for an investment company to take a calculated risk for a potentially great return this is it in my view.

Get him a top CM and someone to put the ball in the net more regularly and he could do something special.

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Okay Fosun - Sell the players you want need too for next season and now : Adama £25m - Dendon - £15m = £40m + plus what we have in the pot.
My dream / wish would be below as ALL players contracts are up this season:

Botman - Now - £20m
Renato Sanchez - Now - £20m
Andrea Belotti - Now - £15/£20m
Tod Cantwell - Free (Next Season)
Jessie Lingard - Free (Next Season)
Eddie Nketiah - Free (Next Season)
Boubacar Kamara - Now - £25m

Got to love FM

D

Deleted member 9202LYK

There will never be a higher probability of investment paying off with places in the table and possibly European football.

But I suspect we won’t invest, preferring self-sufficiency.

Neves - superb tonight as all season

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep I really hope he gets backed with a couple of additions this month. We are in a great position to push on and challenge those above us.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They wont spend any money.
But we have a great team , with a great manager and I am proud of what we have achieved.

TheRetroChief

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think interest from China has probably cooled. However, maybe….just maybe we are claiming we are having to cut our cloth accordingly so that we don’t get diddled in the transfer window.
Other clubs will have seen us spunk £35m on Silva and would be rubbing their hands together before coming to the negotiation table.

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd love us to spend a bit now, of course, but I'd be wary of going too hard. Here's why:
  1. Players are expensive at this time of year: we'll need to spend big to replace Moutinho before too long.
  2. We've got players coming back from injury/loan.
  3. It's hard to properly identify and secure targets in such a short window. We don't want panic buys.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd love us to spend a bit now, of course, but I'd be wary of going too hard. Here's why:
  1. Players are expensive at this time of year: we'll need to spend big to replace Moutinho before too long.
  3. It's hard to properly identify and secure targets in such a short window. We don't want panic buys.
Don’t talk sense!

Everyone has a price and we have a price we’re willing to go up to.

No different to buying a house (albeit with fewer footballers than houses available and we already live in a nice house and so there are only a small number of better houses than our current house available and which we can afford).

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
[If we sign Jesus, De Bruyne, Bernardo Silva and Foden, we will win the league.]

But so many would still complain with Shi out, Fosun out.
Silly post.

Just some healthy "speculate to accumulate" is required. We have the manager, and we have a core group who have bought into his philosophy - we just need key reinforcements, particularly with Saiss out for January.

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Without really getting into our stride we are somehow eighth in the league at the mathematical health point in the season; I think that is pretty good.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Not even sure he's replacable. He's a footballing God!

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A couple of players in now would be a real boost and give Bruno some options he and the rest of the team deserve it.

Will also help us get them settled rather than mass buying in the summer as we do need to add some depth to the squad.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Silly post.

Just some healthy "speculate to accumulate" is required. We have the manager, and we have a core group who have bought into his philosophy - we just need key reinforcements, particularly with Saiss out for January.
It was a facetious post in response to a facetious post.
Not meant to be taken seriously.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There will never be a higher probability of investment paying off with places in the table and possibly European football.

But I suspect we won’t invest, preferring self-sufficiency.

Neves - superb tonight as all season
Surely we have to match his ambition? He will not want to stay at a side stagnating in mid-table. To keep hold of Neves Wolves need to prove to him (him especially) that they will bring in the quality, hopefully in January, but at least in the summer to get us permanently into the top 4/6. Losing Neves is unthinkable.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The players we should sign now are the players we almost signed in the summer and that Bruno was happy to accept.

And part of me feels that Wolves (or WWFC) value has probably dropped since our European adventures and that Fosun could benefit financially from an investment, by raising it with European qualification.

But then another part says Fosun are playing hardball on the absolute investment in players. They have reached their limit.
This January will answer that question for certain, in my mind. it would be crazy not to strengthen with us lying 8th . Interest in Wolves is peaking again.

If we finish below 10th that interest will wane a bit, if we finish 6th we will again be the media darlings.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The players we should sign now are the players we almost signed in the summer and that Bruno was happy to accept.

And part of me feels that Wolves (or WWFC) value has probably dropped since our European adventures and that Fosun could benefit financially from an investment, by raising it with European qualification.

But then another part says Fosun are playing hardball on the absolute investment in players. They have reached their limit.
This January will answer that question for certain, in my mind. it would be crazy not to strengthen with us lying 8th .
Absolutely this. Strengthen now when we’re 8th, not when we’re struggling to stay up.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have no doubt that Jeff and co. will try very hard to get players in. They wanted to expand the squad in the last window and what with the recent players who had covid and even more injuries, they’ll definitely be doing their best.
Now whether that happens is anybody’s guess. Too many things that Jeff or Bruno can’t control.

R

reanswolf

I have no doubt that Jeff and co. will try very hard to get players in. They wanted to expand the squad in the last window and what with the recent players who had covid and even more injuries, they’ll definitely be doing their best.
Now whether that happens is anybody’s guess. Too many things that Jeff or Bruno can’t control.
There's a lot of things they can control.

They could have had Sanches for £15m but decided not to and then inferred they would look again in the january window if he stayed fit.

I think they simply decided against it and now have no intention, because it was obvious if he stayed fit that hewould probably be out of our reach.

Ambition now will affect how various players see their future.

Back
Top Bottom