Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

We’ve signed Trincao!!!

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Assuming Neto fully recovers and with Hwang and Podence available plus Chiquinho/Campbell we are well covered out wide and Trincao at £25m plus would be a luxury item we don't really need. Especially as we need a tall striker to cover/compete with Raul as an absolute priority this summer, never mind at least one central midfielder.

Trincao is going to have trouble getting into the team for the rest of the season and unless he performs outstandingly if he does get a chance, can't see the club taking up the option. There is also the possibility that Barca don't take up the option on Traore and he returns. Trincao has great skill when he wants to show it but too lightweight and inconsistent thus far when he has played. Need to see a lot more fire and determination to get into this team and next season a hopefully re-generated MGW will be in the mix too. But there may be a few comings and goings in the summer as Lage re-models his squad so perhaps Trincao will be a player he wants to keep around.
I think Trincao is playing in Portugal next year, absolutely no room for him at Barca & I'd probably sign him for £10M at a push.

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Semedo showed he was an excellent defender and consistently improved in his time here. Trincao has shown very little offensively or defensively, and not much in terms of improving either.

Semedo was also in a position where he was going to start. Trincao is now 4th or 5th choice, with mgw to return too. And semedo was experienced at the top, trincao isn't. It did take semedo 15 months to show his real value imho but that's a different topic.

That doesn't mean trincao won't make it but spending 25m and good wages on a non starter forward who has not troubled defences all season does not seem a good use of money. If we were cash rich then we could take the punt.

He's a 10m player with potential but way, way over priced for his output this season or last season. The last thing we should do is spend half or most of our likely transfer budget on a reserve who couldn't cut it this year and who'd then be on our books for 4-5 years (on good wages too).
I think its too early to say he'll be a non starter forward. Just because Hwang and Neto are back doesn't necessarily mean he'll be on the bench from now on

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I think its too early to say he'll be a non starter forward. Just because Hwang and Neto are back doesn't necessarily mean he'll be on the bench from now on
You think he is getting ahead of Neto? Bruno wants inverted wingers so they aren't playing together

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He's got potential and fits in the squad.

As someone to develop as a backup (if he's content with less playing time than present when Neto returns) I'd sign him, £25m in a structured deal wouldn't seem too outrageous depending on different factors, but not £25m up front when we need cash elsewhere.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't understand this reference "Small time-Jeff"
It seems to me to very disrespectful and narrow minded of some of us here! Is this thread not discussing the transfer of a Barcelona winger, who probably is a squad player at best for us!
Look how far we've come! Honestly! Some folk would do well to rember their roots and where we've been!
Totally agree with you.
Wolves, managed by Jeff, got to 7th. twice, an FA semi final, a Europa quarter final , a 13th finish last year and currently 7th.
No scandals about mgt. or players in the media, engaged in the Wolverhampton community, especially during covid and prudent management of the clubs’ finances.

When I first heard that a company named Fosun had purchased Wolves, my first thought was…. “So, I wonder how good or bad this will be. More of the same?”
It could have been sooooooooooooo much worse.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

As someone to develop as a backup (if he's content with less playing time than present when Neto returns) I'd sign him, £25m in a structured deal wouldn't seem too outrageous depending on different factors, but not £25m up front when we need cash elsewhere.
All transfers are structured like that, still money we have to pay.

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I just don't see where Trincao fits in now. This has got Vitinha written all over it except Trincao is on the biggest contract of anyone at the club (£130k a week although I am sure we don't pay all that). No chance we are breaking the wage structure for him- if he had stormed it we would have had to but he hasn't in the slightest.

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
All transfers are structured like that, still money we have to pay.
No they're not all that's not true, most these days perhaps but I nor you can say how the Trincao payment package is structured and it seems to be a fixed £25m, yes installments but nothing to suggest it was reliant on performances or appearances.

Cash flow is a big problem hence the Macquarie loans, so I'm sure it will probably be installments which I'd disagree with.

Id only want to pay the £25m if he proves it with appearances ends up a Portugal regular etc.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

No they're not all that's not true, most these days perhaps but I nor you can say how the Trincao payment package is structured and it seems to be a fixed £25m, yes installments but nothing to suggest it was reliant on performances or appearances.

Cash flow is a big problem hence the Macquarie loans, so I'm sure it will probably be installments which I'd disagree with.

Id only want to pay the £25m if he proves it with appearances ends up a Portugal regular etc.
No transfer is paid upfront of any major size. Club accounts show this, took us 3 years to pay for Raul for e.g.

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
No transfer is paid upfront of any major size. Club accounts show this, took us 3 years to pay for Raul for e.g.

Oh so you've changed what you said, what about Chiquinho sized transfers?

What's the cut off point when installments kick in?

There isn't one and with the Macquarie group offering loans against the future payments it's irrelevant anyway and my point of how I'd like a Trincao deal structured.

The point is if we are going to pay £25m it needs to be because he's fulfilled his potential not because he's got some

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

There isn't one and with the Macquarie group offering loans against the future payments it's irrelevant anyway and my point of how I'd like a Trincao deal structured.

The point is if we are going to pay £25m it needs to be because he's fulfilled his potential not because he's got some
No idea what you're blathering on about, there are no cut off for installments. It doesn't appear we've agreed a deal with any contingencies or bonuses. Those are totally different to installments though, perhaps you should be clearer with your terms.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Totally agree with you.
Wolves, managed by Jeff, got to 7th. twice, an FA semi final, a Europa quarter final , a 13th finish last year and currently 7th.
No scandals about mgt. or players in the media, engaged in the Wolverhampton community, especially during covid and prudent management of the clubs’ finances.

When I first heard that a company named Fosun had purchased Wolves, my first thought was…. “So, I wonder how good or bad this will be. More of the same?”
It could have been sooooooooooooo much worse.

Don't forget, we won the Asia Trophy! We are still the holders.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't understand this reference "Small time-Jeff"
It seems to me to very disrespectful and narrow minded of some of us here! Is this thread not discussing the transfer of a Barcelona winger, who probably is a squad player at best for us!
Look how far we've come! Honestly! Some folk would do well to rember their roots and where we've been!
I agree in the abstract but think that two very different groups are now using that term.

The first are the apparent Fosun haters who demand massive investment immediately.

The second are those using the term ironically, often in quotation marks, to challenge/take the pee out of the first group given our ongoing successful season on top of Fosun's record of success.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I think with Mendes we could structure the deal so we only pay the money they want if he is successful. Still think he is worth the gamble, but only if he takes a drop in salary.

Eastern Wolf

Reaction score
Of course it would never happen but of all players, Trincao would really benefit from a season or even half season in the champ to toughen up like MGW. He has the basic skills but lacking application and confidence. Oh yes........he really needs to improve his right foot. Being so left-footed is a real handicap in the modern game.

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
No idea what you're blathering on about, there are no cut off for installments. It doesn't appear we've agreed a deal with any contingencies or bonuses. Those are totally different to installments though, perhaps you should be clearer with your terms.

Read it again..

As it says.

'whats the cut off point when installments kick in?

There isn't one'

You then go on to repeat back to me exactly what I said after making a false claim that all transfers are paid in installments. All are but not most.

Again I repeat the sentiment of my posts.

€25m for Trincao - yes providing there are contingencies inserted.

Now blather off.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Read it again..

As it says.

'whats the cut off point when installments kick in?

There isn't one'

You then go on to repeat back to me exactly what I said after making a false claim that all transfers are paid in installments. All are but not most.

Again I repeat the sentiment of my posts.

€25m for Trincao - yes providing there are contingencies inserted.

Now blather off.
Installments aren't contingencies, not sure how are you not getting that by now. You said installments when you meant addons/contingencies meaning you weren't clear originally.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we have already allocated the funds for Trincao then I would take the punt on him. But if spending the money has an affect on our other transfer business in the summer then I don't see how we can possibly justify signing him.

Notsoslimshady

Groupie
Reaction score
I don't mean it to sound harsh but i hope we don't sign him. The only way it would make sense to me is if the deals for him and Traore are indeed intertwined - though i do not think this is a given - or they plan to sell MGW - which i hope isn't the case.

I originally felt he was brought in to cover Neto. A situation that heloed us out, helped barca out, abd gave the player somewhere to be. I kinda think the Traore deal is pretty much done with different wording, and i am sure mendes could find another home for trincao that again satisfies all parties.

I think with chiquinho, neto, hwang, podence, raul, silva and mgw we would be well covered, with other u23's on hand.

It seems a lot of money (potentially) for someone that doesn't feel needed imo.

Had he had a storming season i might feel differently, or if were we light on numbers in those positions i would understand it.

I hadn't seen any of him before and the general excitement of others at him signing made me hopeful, but i don't feel he has lived up to it. Maybe he will come good, but not sure it will be with us, and given it seems like it would be at the expense of what we already have, i hope the deal isn't done.

Though i hope he turns it around and gives us a reason to want him

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Installments aren't contingencies, not sure how are you not getting that by now. You said installments when you meant addons/contingencies meaning you weren't clear originally.

No I most certainly didn't, show me where I did?

I even quantified it by saying it should be dependent on Portugal appearances etc.

The installment part is irrelevant as you say it's still money we have to pay out.

Again I will repeat the sentiment.

I feel Trincao is not currently worth €25m.

Therefore I would not condone agreeing a figure based on that deal.

However if we could renegotiate the deal (as I don't believe there was any mention of contingencies in the fee and the installment part is largely irrelevant) then a fee that could rise to that amount could prove good for both us Barca and Trincao if he's happy with being a squad player behind Neto et Al.

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

I proposed adding contingencies to the deal, you told me all deals are structured in installments (which wasnt what I was even saying) then you tell me I'm blathering etc. Etc. All there in black and white.

Contingency - a clause dependent on certain conditions being met.

Installments - the breakdown of a payment into pre agree payments on set dates totalling the whole figure.

I think I've got it, anymore English lessons?

Muted.

Ian C

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Needs ****ing off, immediately. Absolutely **** scared of challenging for the ball, complete lightweight. If we’re buying him for potential moving forward, he has none. Scaredy-cat pointless footballer, no way is the Premier League his gig. Complete ****e today.

Kingswood Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Needs ****ing off, immediately. Absolutely **** scared of challenging for the ball, complete lightweight. If we’re buying him for potential moving forward, he has none. Scaredy-cat pointless footballer, no way is the Premier League his gig. Complete ****e today.
But how do you really feel?

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

How do you play 1000 minutes of football and not register a goal or assist. Missing those sitters early on has absolutely zapped his confidence.

I wouldn't mind if like Podence he picked ball up in the half spaces and unlocked but he just does nothing constantly.

He had a decent move from a shot 2nd half, and scuffed a cross first half but apart from that he just influenced nothing about the game

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Please Fosun don't do a silly deal with Barcelona to essentially swap Adama for Trincao. God knows I am not a great Adama fan, but frankly Trincao is absolute bobbins.

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As useful as a one armed paper hanger, his usual 3/10. Straight swap for Adama would be the worst deal of the century.

Cannot **** off back to Spain fast enough.

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I said in January I'd have cancelled his loan and sent him back...absolutely dreadful again and like being a player down from the off.

I'd never have him in the match day squad again.

Ian C

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Please Fosun don't do a silly deal with Barcelona to essentially swap Adama for Trincao. God knows I am not a great Adama fan, but frankly Trincao is absolute bobbins.
Both are pointless in the Premier League. The style of football just isn’t for them.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry but I have had enough of him now. I was hoping he would come good but he actually seems to be getting worse. I am convinced Chiquinho, Tyler Roberts from the u18's would do better than his performances. Offers absolutely nothing. Zero assists and zero goals. No intensity to his play. Why the hell did Lage pick him today? I wouldnt even have him on the bench.

Leigh72

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have tried to stay with this kid,but enough is enough would rather play kids out of our academy than watch this lightweight coward again

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When he first came into the team he showed some nice touches but had no end product. Now we're at the business end of the season, he simply doesn't have the guts to fight it out and to earn his place. He's a shadow of the player who played earlier in the season and even that wasn't that good. No way should we sign him in exchange for Traore.

Back
Top Bottom