Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

We’ve signed Trincao!!!

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Couple things. 1) Bruno clearly rates Trincao. 2)Trincao is down the pecking order among attacking players. 3) Bruno has called Trincao his most MF-like W. 4) Bruno keeps saying he wants more of the ball. 5) Trincao is probably not fast enough to play outside in the prem. My question is, could we see Trincao play in a midfield 3?

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Couple things. 1) Bruno clearly rates Trincao. 2)Trincao is down the pecking order among attacking players. 3) Bruno has called Trincao his most MF-like W. 4) Bruno keeps saying he wants more of the ball. 5) Trincao is probably not fast enough to play outside in the prem. My question is, could we see Trincao play in a midfield 3?
I think that is kinda what he has been doing when he’s played.
Bigger question is could MGW do it just as well??

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fair shout, Bruno may still see him with a role deeper in a midfield 3 or even evolve into something else in his system (like Adel Taarabt did in his Benfica team) Probably would never be strong enough in the tackle to be a CM in a 2, but never say never

Clearly he's slipped down the pecking order since Neto and Hwang's return, and I can't see us paying the money Barca want for a 4th choice winger who's likely on Barca style wages

He's started him pretty much every time we've gone 523, as he like him as that Midfield/Winger, so it would be interesting to see if he throws him straight in if he decides to change the formation and keep Neto and Hwang on the bench for later in the game... still may be another chance for Trincao to show his worth before the end of the season as Bruno does seem him as different to the other wingers and could yet have a new role to play

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Much more dedicated though. He’s still out wide cutting in and stuff. I mean go 3-5-2 with him smack in the middle. I’d prefer a 4-2-3-1 but we’re not doing that. MGW, I don’t see it. The flicks might bother me too much, I don’t know.

Edit: the Neto-Trincao relationship is no small thing. I want to see them together, and the closer they are to one another, the better. They could have a special connection out there. And on the other hand, if we let Pedro’s boy go without giving him every chance to succeed, even if many feel he’s had too many chances already, that may not sit well with Neto.

Last edited:

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Much more dedicated though. He’s still out wide cutting in and stuff. I mean go 3-5-2 with him smack in the middle. I’d prefer a 4-2-3-1 but we’re not doing that. MGW, I don’t see it. The flicks might bother me too much, I don’t know.
I think 352 is always gonna have neves in the middle deep role. Trincao essential plays where Donk plays. But with Donk it gets called 352. With trincao we call it 343.

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think 352 is always gonna have neves in the middle deep role. Trincao essential plays where Donk plays. But with Donk it gets called 352. With trincao we call it 343.
I don’t see it as exactly the same with Leander v Trincao, and I don’t want FT to play the way he’s been playing. I don’t need to see him cutting in from the right and flubbing crosses to the far post as he did v Arsenal. Neves is everywhere, and if Trincao is up higher and more central, then defensively they can still do what they do in a 2 with Trincao right now, or as a 3 as you see it.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When Trincao plays I'd call it a 342 ;)

I joke, but I must admit I'm relieved to see him slip down the pecking order. Not good enough for top half PL side in my opinion, he's alright and 6 years ago I'd have been defending him to the hilt against people pushing cloggers over tricky attacking players; we're in a different position now though and he's not not been effective enough. I know this bugs people but he's too soft for me too (although, to his credit, he doesn't hide). Looking at similar-ish players: Pod dives but he gets stuck in, same with RAN.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Roberto contract is up in the summer, but is another wing back primarily. He is currently on absolutely absurd money but is doing a much reduced contract for Barca, their fans absolutely despise him I think.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As is quite obvious, there is no place for Trincao in the starting line-up when everyone is fit. No way does he get in ahead of a fully fit Neto or Podence or Hwang, so what next?
As some have indicated, the Traore move to Barca is linked to the Trincao move to Molineux, so if we decide not to pursue Trincao, where does that leave Traore?
£23 Million is an expensive bench option (or not when compared with Silva), especially as Trincao is hardly what would be described as an impact sub or game changer.
If the Trincao move is linked inextricably to the Traore move, I think Wolves have gotten themselves into a difficult situation. Trincao is not good enough, but we may be forced to take him at ridiculous wages, just to be able to recoup some money from Traore's want-away.
Hopefully 'Small-time Jeff' has negotiated a way around this which doesn't leave us with another expensive white elephant. Time will tell!

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As is quite obvious, there is no place for Trincao in the starting line-up when everyone is fit. No way does he get in ahead of a fully fit Neto or Podence or Hwang, so what next?
As some have indicated, the Traore move to Barca is linked to the Trincao move to Molineux, so if we decide not to pursue Trincao, where does that leave Traore?
£23 Million is an expensive bench option (or not when compared with Silva), especially as Trincao is hardly what would be described as an impact sub or game changer.
If the Trincao move is linked inextricably to the Traore move, I think Wolves have gotten themselves into a difficult situation. Trincao is not good enough, but we may be forced to take him at ridiculous wages, just to be able to recoup some money from Traore's want-away.
Hopefully 'Small-time Jeff' has negotiated a way around this which doesn't leave us with another expensive white elephant. Time will tell!

No chance we've done a deal at terrible wages. The whole reason we didn't retain traore was wages.

I also seriously doubt the deal for trincao is done as we wanted money and trincao had underperformed even then. Regardless of if bruno liked him, a done deal makes no sense.

At this point trincao looks way behind our other starters in any case and will have to work wonders to get signed.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No chance we've done a deal at terrible wages. The whole reason we didn't retain traore was wages.

I also seriously doubt the deal for trincao is done as we wanted money and trincao had underperformed even then. Regardless of if bruno liked him, a done deal makes no sense.

At this point trincao looks way behind our other starters in any case and will have to work wonders to get signed.

Well, its down to Traore not signing the contract really. I still think we offered him a fair contract and he wanted more.

I'd say if we want to sign Trincao, and i believe Bruno does, then its going to be his wages that are the stumbling block. He isnt going to get the inflated Barcelona salary here.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me Trincao will eventually be filed under the same section as Vitinha. You can see there’s a player in there but not ready for the EPL (and might never be) who’ll go elsewhere and do well. That’s football unfortunately.
Completely agree, though the only difference is the position they play, more possible to develop a slightly light weight player as attacking mid/inside forward, than it was to have Vitinha as a defensive midfielder.
We might offer the sort of money we paid for RAN/Hoever, but certainly can’t see us paying anywhere near the 25.

The form of MGW will also dent Trincao’s prospects of being signed.

Eastern Wolf

Reaction score
Trincao has the silky skills but needs to be more determined in his play. I would say he’s a bit like Vinagre. He needs to get stuck in a bit more. He also needs to be braver; to take on the shot, to get to the end of the cross, to win the ball in a duel…..
He needs to show more commitment. Perhaps as a loanee, he is only seeing this as a step to bigger things and doesnt intend to stay here.

Reactions: LW1

fleck1

Reaction score
Its interesting that we keep talking about depth, options and strength of the squad. Bruno clearly likes the player or the player he thinks he'll become as he seems to get a lot of game time especially in the bigger games like Utd away, but we want to get rid as we have Hwang, Neto and Podence but one injury and we will moan the squad has no depth. It was only last week I was reading on here we should sell Jonny because RAN is here now so we don't need him. I don't really know what it is some fans want..

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its interesting that we keep talking about depth, options and strength of the squad. Bruno clearly likes the player or the player he thinks he'll become as he seems to get a lot of game time especially in the bigger games like Utd away, but we want to get rid as we have Hwang, Neto and Podence but one injury and we will moan the squad has no depth. It was only last week I was reading on here we should sell Jonny because RAN is here now so we don't need him. I don't really know what it is some fans want..

Correct. All about squad depth and having good options in the event of injury. Two first-team players for every position is the dream. At the moment we have Neto, Podence, Hwang, Trincao for two spots. Looks good to me.

Manic88

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I never notice if it is the same posters but he must have a big family and they must all be on this forum

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think if one or two of his early chances went in, he'd have been flying.

He's definitely been low on confidence and you've seen that over the second half of the season where he's turned down chances to take a shot at goal.

I think there is a real player here though, just needs that one to go in and after a season of adjustment which is what many need, I think we'll see the best of a very good player.

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bruno didn’t want to risk him against Leicester due to the wind, he would have most probably ended up in someone’s back garden in Staveley Rd.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Semedo had been on loan how many would've wanted him signed at the end of his loan? Now i'd argue he's one of the best in the league. Give the lad some time.
I would have and Semedo was first choice at L/B. if we sign Trincao he’ll be spending most of the time on the bench and that money can be used better elsewhere.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Semedo had been on loan how many would've wanted him signed at the end of his loan? Now i'd argue he's one of the best in the league. Give the lad some time.

Semedo showed he was an excellent defender and consistently improved in his time here. Trincao has shown very little offensively or defensively, and not much in terms of improving either.

Semedo was also in a position where he was going to start. Trincao is now 4th or 5th choice, with mgw to return too. And semedo was experienced at the top, trincao isn't. It did take semedo 15 months to show his real value imho but that's a different topic.

That doesn't mean trincao won't make it but spending 25m and good wages on a non starter forward who has not troubled defences all season does not seem a good use of money. If we were cash rich then we could take the punt.

He's a 10m player with potential but way, way over priced for his output this season or last season. The last thing we should do is spend half or most of our likely transfer budget on a reserve who couldn't cut it this year and who'd then be on our books for 4-5 years (on good wages too).

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The place we don't have depth is central midfield. We want depth there.

UEAwolf

Reaction score
There's no way we won't sign Trincao. It'll effectively be a swap with Traore. The decision has already been made.

I also think he'll improve after an underwhelming first season in the PL.

fleck1

Reaction score
The place we don't have depth is central midfield. We want depth there.
We want depth all over the pitch ideally? We do currently have 4 players there for 2 (sometimes 3) positions, with Saiss also comfortable in midfield so not exactly short.

lyechris

Groupie
Reaction score
I don't understand this reference "Small time-Jeff"
It seems to me to very disrespectful and narrow minded of some of us here! Is this thread not discussing the transfer of a Barcelona winger, who probably is a squad player at best for us!
Look how far we've come! Honestly! Some folk would do well to rember their roots and where we've been!

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As Mendes first question to all his clients is 'Where do you want to play' ? it may be out of our hands. Trincao doesn't look particularly committed and may see Portuguese/Spanish/French football as a more attractive option. Do we know if we pay all his wages or did we take him on the basis of paying a % as Barcelona had major wage-regulation problems at the time ?

Baboon

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I may be proved wrong, and I really hope I am, but I've seen next to nothing yet from Trincao that persuades me that he'd be anything more than an overly expensive squad filler. In addition to Podence, Neto and Hwang, we also have MGW as a possible option for next season plus Chiquinho and maybe even Corbeanu for the medium term. I very much hope that we've not committed to make his deal permanent as the money could be put to much better use elsewhere.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I never notice if it is the same posters but he must have a big family and they must all be on this forum
I must admit, I am impressed by your level of written English Francisco. Reckon you can try to score at some point this season

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Assuming Neto fully recovers and with Hwang and Podence available plus Chiquinho/Campbell we are well covered out wide and Trincao at £25m plus would be a luxury item we don't really need. Especially as we need a tall striker to cover/compete with Raul as an absolute priority this summer, never mind at least one central midfielder.

Trincao is going to have trouble getting into the team for the rest of the season and unless he performs outstandingly if he does get a chance, can't see the club taking up the option. There is also the possibility that Barca don't take up the option on Traore and he returns. Trincao has great skill when he wants to show it but too lightweight and inconsistent thus far when he has played. Need to see a lot more fire and determination to get into this team and next season a hopefully re-generated MGW will be in the mix too. But there may be a few comings and goings in the summer as Lage re-models his squad so perhaps Trincao will be a player he wants to keep around.

Back
Top Bottom