Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

We’ve signed Trincao!!!

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Trouble is we have Trincao adapting, Hwang adapting, Silva adapting, Chiquinho adapting and they behind them Toti adapting, Mosquera (when fit) adapting, Hover, adapting, Cundle adapting, Dendoncker adapting, they're all adapting to the Premier League, we can afford one or two but not all of them.

Trincao for Traore has the makings of Silva for Jota.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Chiquinho showed more fight last night in 30 minutes than Trincao has shown in 6 months.

As someone said on another thread, if we effectively swap Traore for Trincao something is very, very wrong at our club
CORRECT! Unfortunately WWFC buying loaning & recruitment is beginning to look disorganised, mismanaged & SHAMBOLIC!
Jorge Mendes seems to be going further and further away from helping Fosun and WWFC in the past year or so too?

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How can trincao be so great for braga and so bad for us?

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whatever he could do, smashing one in from 30 yards is not it. Bit of a problem in our squad in general. Moutinho and Neves can do it. Who else? Even from 20 yards. Raul, maybe. Saiss has the power but not the accuracy. Other than that, I can't think of any player other than Raul, who has a powerful shot. It's all placing - Podence post hit v Norwich the typical example. I think it's why we try and "walk the ball into the net" and are reluctant to shoot. Add in no aerial threat (other than Raul...see the pattern emerging?) and it's not rocket science as to why we are abysmal goal scorers. And it has nothing to do with "3 at the back" and little to do with our midfield.

If you watch the warm up before the game, Dendoncker and Silva actually have really powerful shots. Not accurate, but powerful!!

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The problem with being a winger that lacks pace is that you simply have to make up for that with exceptional attributes elsewhere to justify your inclusion. Otherwise you're effectively a waste of time, and evidence so far suggests that this is the case. It must be a dream for every LB in the league now playing us. When it was once a total nightmare.

I don't think the league suits him. But then again neither does the way we play. I do wonder if there's potentially a route to playing just off the striker? Clearly Lage likes him and I actually do see it becoming a permanent move.

It does however sadden me should we do this reported swap deal that we'll have lost Jota and Adama and replaced them with Silva and Trincao for around 6 million profit.

We can argue about potential and patience until the cows come home, but it's going to take some significant progress for that to appear as savvy business.

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Trouble is we have Trincao adapting, Hwang adapting, Silva adapting, Chiquinho adapting and they behind them Toti adapting, Mosquera (when fit) adapting, Hover, adapting, Cundle adapting, Dendoncker adapting, they're all adapting to the Premier League, we can afford one or two but not all of them.

If Jeff Shi doesn't pull his finger out season 23/24 might see them "adapting" to the bloody Championship

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you watch the warm up before the game, Dendoncker and Silva actually have really powerful shots. Not accurate, but powerful!!

Missed that - was caught in the queues. Would be great if one of them can actually do it on the pitch. Against Spurs. Would probably guarantee them another 100 match starts after, because when fans are as goal starved as we are, desperation kicks in. I do wonder if at least some of the "potential" people are seeing in the likes of Silva andTrincao is more sheer desperation and wishful thinking.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is absolutely no justification to sign him yet.

I just find him pathetic . Gets subbed and walked off too. We are 1 0 down you ****

He always fades after half time. Over 6 months to get match fit now, yet 35 year old Moutinho looks 10 times more fitter(? grammar :)) on 60 minutes.

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He seems a tidy footballer, however something just seems missing with him, I think it's more his physicality than anything else.

At the moment I've not seen enough to justify £25 million, he may come good but he needs to show that soon, I wouldn't mind another loan for a season see if he does develop but to part with 25 million for him doesn't seem worthwhile investment for me.

Michellis

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He seems a tidy footballer, however something just seems missing with him, I think it's more his physicality than anything else.

At the moment I've not seen enough to justify £25 million, he may come good but he needs to show that soon, I wouldn't mind another loan for a season see if he does develop but to part with 25 million for him doesn't seem worthwhile investment for me.
If he's a £25m footballer, then the world has truly gone mad.

Manic88

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

What’s wrong with adapting? After a car crash season last year anyone hoping for anything better than a transition this season was on crack

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Be nice to see this in a match situation for once along with Trincao.

Benny78

Reaction score
Trinc is not worth 25mill and shouldn’t be signed - it’s that simple. I would rather return him back to Barca and have Adama play for us next year, we would get more out of this than buying Trinc to satisfy Barca’s needs.

Greeno

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was perfectly content with us not signing Vitinha on last season's 'showings'... but I'd take him over Trincao in a heartbeat (...probably as much to do with him being a CM though :tearsofjoy:)

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I get the impression signing him is a question of neat and tidy house keeping by the money men and the agent involved rather than anything to do with what Wolves actually need to improve them on the pitch. I have seen nothing whatsoever in his performances to justify signing him. And as a straight swap for Traore, well, the club must be mad. Further weakening of the team is all I can see.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Trincao will have the better career in the end
'In the end' we are all dead. Trincao has been here since August and he has shown next to nothing. Powder puff of a player totally unsuited to the EPL. And it looks like Jeff and Co are going to sign him. I wonder what Bruno thinks

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There's nothing to say we're going to sign him and he was a decent player to get on loan (because then we get to try him out). Lage has also opted for him over everyone else almost all season.

I think he's been crap but the constant bashing of jeff and fosun over him is ludicrous.

If we do sign him (for literally anything imho right now) then I'll get annoyed but let's actually wait until next season.

Ian C

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was perfectly content with us not signing Vitinha on last season's 'showings'... but I'd take him over Trincao in a heartbeat (...probably as much to do with him being a CM though :tearsofjoy:)
To be fair, he hardly got a chance. I never really understood what he did wrong given the very limited time he had on the pitch, other than being quite attacking which clearly didn't fit Nuno's style of play!

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There's nothing to say we're going to sign him and he was a decent player to get on loan (because then we get to try him out). Lage has also opted for him over everyone else almost all season.

I think he's been crap but the constant bashing of jeff and fosun over him is ludicrous.

If we do sign him (for literally anything imho right now) then I'll get annoyed but let's actually wait until next season.
Smell the coffee. This is how Mendes does business. We will do cash-strappedf Barca a favour and take Trincao off their books. Then, maybe, somewhere down the line they (or another of Mendes's pet clubs) will do us one back-- at least, we live in hope. We are definitely owed one after going along with the Fabio and Trincao deals (if, as I expect, we keep Trincao).

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
'In the end' we are all dead. Trincao has been here since August and he has shown next to nothing. Powder puff of a player totally unsuited to the EPL. And it looks like Jeff and Co are going to sign him. I wonder what Bruno thinks

Pretty sure Bruno really rates him.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do like Trincao, but think he would be better suited in a 4231 system. However MGW would suit that too just as much.

I imagine come the end of the season we’ll want to buy him, but for less than the buyout clause, like we did with RAN.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do like Trincao, but think he would be better suited in a 4231 system. However MGW would suit that too just as much.

I imagine come the end of the season we’ll want to buy him, but for less than the buyout clause, like we did with RAN.
As soon as we try that Barca will do the same with the Adama fee.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I get the impression signing him is a question of neat and tidy house keeping by the money men and the agent involved rather than anything to do with what Wolves actually need to improve them on the pitch. I have seen nothing whatsoever in his performances to justify signing him. And as a straight swap for Traore, well, the club must be mad. Further weakening of the team is all I can see.
Agreed , and I am not really a Traore fan either! Trincao just looks too light weight to me.

I think a poster above nailed it.
Swap Jota and Traore for Silva and Trincao....

May have made the money men happy, but worsens the team.

Taffywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thinks it's fair to say Neto is 1st choice on the left and Podence on the right. On top of that we have chico and hwang plus a few youngsters. Should we spend 20 Mill plus on Trincao who isn't going to be 1st choice.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am not sure where this lightweight thing comes from, he was tackling and stayed on his feet despite some pretty robust stuff from Arsenal. He wasnt anonymous in the game, unlike Dendonker.

My issue is he is totally left footed so cuts in, he lacks belief in himself to shoot and drive on when in good positions, he looks to pass which is a problem as our other forwards do the same. his end delivery from excellent positions was also poor on Thursday.…but Im used to that.

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dendonckers shots are the reason they had to tear the GH stand down and rebuild it

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I thinks it's fair to say Neto is 1st choice on the left and Podence on the right. On top of that we have chico and hwang plus a few youngsters. Should we spend 20 Mill plus on Trincao who isn't going to be 1st choice.
Would be the opposite way around Neto on the right for Trincão and and Podence off the left with Hwang competing

Back
Top Bottom