Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

We’ve signed Trincao!!!

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He may well go on to be the best player in the world, but right now he looks like he ain’t even trying, and that for me is unforgivable. Disappointing.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let's hope we pay the £6m 'punishment' for not signing him permanently. Worth it compared to the alternative!

Andy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is he gone yet?

Seriously, this guy hasn't even had that one performance against some bottom-feeder club that his most fervent fans could point to and say, "yes, but he was excellent against them". He is here to pick up his pay packet, that is all.
Forest away maybe

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is he gone yet?

Seriously, this guy hasn't even had that one performance against some bottom-feeder club that his most fervent fans could point to and say, "yes, but he was excellent against them". He is here to pick up his pay packet, that is all.

Would he be that devious? I think he's just not good enough, in way above his head - and knows it. He's not looked good enough right from the start, even in the pre-season friendlies. Exactly as you say, it is damning that he has not had one good match. A good 5 minutes is the most we ever got. Whatever he goes on to achieve, I can't see him doing it with us and most likely not in this league for anybody. He's a Helder Costa - lite. Trincao at his best barely matches up to Costa at his half-hearted worst.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can forgive a lack of talent. I can forgive a misplaced pass or a wayward shot.

I can’t forgive a lack of effort or shirking a tackle.

The guy sweats less than Prince Andrew.

I find it easier to forgive lack of talent and misplaced passes when it's the other team doing it. I'd rather Wolves have a team of all talented players who can all pass well. Though on recent evidence, a few of them need to go back to passing basics!

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would he be that devious? I think he's just not good enough, in way above his head - and knows it. He's not looked good enough right from the start, even in the pre-season friendlies. Exactly as you say, it is damning that he has not had one good match. A good 5 minutes is the most we ever got. Whatever he goes on to achieve, I can't see him doing it with us and most likely not in this league for anybody. He's a Helder Costa - lite. Trincao at his best barely matches up to Costa at his half-hearted worst.
The comparison to Helder Costa (2019 vintage) is spot on. Rather we gave time to Chiquinho or Cundle.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The comparison to Helder Costa (2019 vintage) is spot on. Rather we gave time to Chiquinho or Cundle.

As I recall, we kept playing Costa week after week in the Premier League and most of the promotion season, just waiting for him to shine like he did originally. But he never did. Eventually, you have to shrug and move on "whatever he does elsewhere, this is all he will do for us". Feeling the same about Donk, too. Was never sure, sometimes he's had good spells, but there have been plenty of these "what does he offer?" times and he seems well and truly stick in that rut now. Would rather Cundle play.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s the bottled challenges and general half ***** attitude that gets me the most. He’s clearly a talented lad. Compare him to Fabio for example, who has obviously had loads of stick, but at least Fab runs his ****ing *******s off. He puts himself about, doesn’t shirk anything. The challenge Trincao pulled out of with Rice wasn’t even a 50/50! It was 70/30 in Trincao’s favour! Unforgivable.
And then west ham almost made something out of that. We need players busting a gut. I was stunned when i saw that.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He just doesnt seem up for it at all. The same with Hoever. Both looked totally lost today.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let's hope we pay the £6m 'punishment' for not signing him permanently. Worth it compared to the alternative!
If we sign him it's dodgy dealing to help another big club, nothing else.
We helped mendes out , barcelona out and porto out in 2020. In 2022 we want mendes to help us out.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If the fee for not signing him is £6m I hope we bite the bullet and pay it even if it means Traore comes back and we have to sort a deal with someone else. He makes Corica look like prime Chopper Harris, his right foot is for standing on and offers less goal threat than a 6 week old kitten. Today was the opportunity to step up and deliver a solid performance when the team really needed it, sadly he'd struggle to deliver a letter.

Dawnwolf

Reaction score
Well trying to be positive, this is why loan to buy is a good way to go, we can send him back.. (Although if what others said is true 6mill is abit meh).

Shame really i thought he would come good, but i doubt he'll get back in the team now

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In theory, he was a brilliant signing. Really hasn't worked out though
I just don't see how we sign him for what he wants in wages and the fee. I do think he is a good player, and for another team he might do well. He just isn't the sort of player we need right now.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just don't see how we sign him for what he wants in wages and the fee. I do think he is a good player, and for another team he might do well. He just isn't the sort of player we need right now.
We can all see he has talent but something is badly wrong with his attitude. I don't mean it's bad, it's more than he doesn't seem to be up for it ever.

Either way, there's no way he should be near the team any more. He's our most ineffective forward by a country mile and shows no sign of improving. I've defended him from accusations of bottling challenges in the past but today was disgraceful.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well trying to be positive, this is why loan to buy is a good way to go, we can send him back.. (Although if what others said is true 6mill is abit meh).

Shame really i thought he would come good, but i doubt he'll get back in the team now
6 million euros is 4.5 million pounds

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We can all see he has talent but something is badly wrong with his attitude. I don't mean it's bad, it's more than he doesn't seem to be up for it ever.

Either way, there's no way he should be near the team any more. He's our most ineffective forward by a country mile and shows no sign of improving. I've defended him from accusations of bottling challenges in the past but today was disgraceful.
I don't think it's his attitude tbh. He looks very laid back which doesn't help his cause.

The only thing I would say in his favour is he rarely seems to come into the team where we play well as a unit. Probably needs to be in a team who control the play a lot more than we do.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There’s definitely a class player in there somewhere but it won’t be for us or in England.

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score
Not for me. Big time. When he came here some of my non-Wolves supporting mates who follow La Liga, were quite envious.

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He us sooooo timid! He bottles tackles, he doesn't track back, he loses possession, he doesn't make runs, he doesn't threaten the opposition, he doesn't show for the ball. If we sign him as part of the Traore deal then we've had our pants down. Woeful

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Had a really good first touch today inside the first minute or so and I thought "ok, this could bode well", his next involvement I remember was him probably being favourite to get to the ball, but there being a West Ham player (Rice) in the vicinity meant he was never going to win it

He needs to realise that teams aren't going to just allow him to play, he has to go out and make it happen or it'll be undoubted talent wasted (and I doubt it'll be here anyway)

Back
Top Bottom