Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Watford Verdict

• Thread starter Deleted member 4184
  • Start date

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For all those saying that Watford are terrible and today was an easy 3 points for us. They went to Arsenal two weeks ago and got a 2-2 draw after being 2-0 down and had chance after chance in that game. Maybe today wasnt that bad a win after all. No way Watford will go down this season in my opinion.

I don't think they will go down, but I hope they do.... Because...

A) they have made an issue out of Jimenez mask , when it was clearly just a personal celebration and not a slight at Watford football club.
B) we might get an opportunity to buy some of their very good players.
C) too many London teams in the prem anyway!

D

Deleted member 4152

Saiss MOTM for me. Didn’t put a foot wrong all game. To say folks were calling him a weak link and a walking red card last week as well!
Don’t talk *******s.

He got sent off last week, and today could well have been booked early for a stupid challenge

Apart from that he was excellent today

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Professional did what we needed to do.

As for Watford :-

Foster - parents weren’t married

Gerard D :- Poor mans Ozil, lacks heart and passion.

Sarr :- They’ve wasted £40m on this donkey (should have spent £10m a piece on 4 needed defenders).

Doucoure :- What’s happened to him, they have sucked the quality out of him.

Away Fans :- Worst we’ve had down here in 3 seasons?
Thought Welbeck was awful as well

D

Deleted member 4152

Dreadful game that epitomised two bottom teams playing each other. But it was all about the much needed 3 points. We need to build on it
I sometimes wonder who you support?

One of quite a few I am genuinely surprised at having the bare faced cheek to post, post game considering your ‘efforts’ pre match.

These are players, management and board that have rocketed us to European football

Show some support FFS it’s embarrassing

D

Deleted member 4152

Professional did what we needed to do.

As for Watford :-

Foster - parents weren’t married

Gerard D :- Poor mans Ozil, lacks heart and passion.

Sarr :- They’ve wasted £40m on this donkey (should have spent £10m a piece on 4 needed defenders).

Doucoure :- What’s happened to him, they have sucked the quality out of him.

Away Fans :- Worst we’ve had down here in 3 seasons?
What did @Professional do? Fair to play to him!

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

A) they have made an issue out of Jimenez mask , when it was clearly just a personal celebration and not a slight at Watford football club.

You forgot D) Deeney!

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

A) they didn’t to be fair, just Deeney when asked about it.
B) wouldn’t want any of there players
C) Watford isn’t in London

MrwulfAndrew

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not a great game, they were really poor and we didnt punish them as much as we should. However, all that matters today is the win as we really needed to get off the mark.

I would really like Watford to go down. Awful support and a side full of knobheads.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely vital 3 points and deserved too. Not a perfect performance by any means but we at least offered a more consistent threat going forward throughout the game. Watford were very poor! Can see why they are struggling.

Miniwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Enjoyed the game, thought Neto was brilliant, Saiss didnt put a foot wrong today. Doc and Traore linking up well as was Jonny with Neto. Moutinho is quality as usual, loved his pressing in the first half which got the crowd going. Boly and Coady seemed in control.

Its nice to enjoy a Saturday evening after a good win !

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Much better performance but more importantly it was the result that mattered. We started well and created some good chances but then got a bit nervy. Really frustrating that we allowed them to come at us by playing too deep and inviting pressure on us. But we held out and the back 3 played well.

Now to build on it and keep going.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
It's good to know that we've got Neto to step in when Jota is injured. Can't believe he's only 19 and playing abroad. Such confidence.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wish Dendonker would stop these weird performances and get back to last seasons level. Dozy on the ball in possession, rarely forward thinking and what’s with the half hearted “trot up and hang a leg out” attempts to tackle? Get stuck in for ****s sake.
Beginning to get on my tits.

This. People giving him good ratings need to look again. He totally disappears from the game regularly and gets caught behind his man (nearly cost us a goal today), whilst not offering an out ball. He went completely missing for large periods in this game, whilst Moutinho was constantly involved (even if not his best match).

It's been the same all season and a major part of our midfield issue. We replaced him with MGW for one game and that didn't work because he's too much of a forward/gives the ball away.

Saiss is a far better player in that position (on this form) but we need to upgrade here urgently in January IMHO. Today we went large periods barely touching the ball and were lucky not to concede because the midfield just couldn't get the ball and keep it.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Saiss, Jonny and Moutinho the stand outs. Doc doesn’t look fit to me still.

If we’d have been Burnley I would think our points tally would be have been more respectable.

Our formation still isn’t clicking. Too much of a gulf between the midfield and the forwards.

A bit early I know hit we need a box to box midfielder, to compete or replace Dendoncker who is resembling a headless chicken this season.

Hanbury_Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Reminded me a bit of Bourmouth at home last season.

Happy to concede possession for large parts, rely on solid defence and it largely worked.

We definitely had the better chances overall.

Big lack in quality in final 3rd for both teams today......

Finally, great to finally beat a side who are bottom of the league!

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I sometimes wonder who you support?

One of quite a few I am genuinely surprised at having the bare faced cheek to post, post game considering your ‘efforts’ pre match.

These are players, management and board that have rocketed us to European football

Show some support FFS it’s embarrassing
Supported them for 52 years thanks. But like loads more I’ve spoke to since the final whistle we are not convinced about struggling to keep such a poor side as Watford at bay
We are missing the spark we had last season. Too ponderous in possession and although it’s great to see Doc back I’m afraid the cutting edge up front is poor.
As I said it was all about the 3 points today but we still need incremental improvements in all departments to make sure we don’t get dragged into a relegation battle
No rose tinted faff here I’m afraid.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Supported them for 52 years thanks. But like loads more I’ve spoke to since the final whistle we are not convinced about struggling to keep such a poor side as Watford at bay
We are missing the spark we had last season. Too ponderous in possession and although it’s great to see Doc back I’m afraid the cutting edge up front is poor.
As I said it was all about the 3 points today but we still need incremental improvements in all departments to make sure we don’t get dragged into a relegation battle
Watford aren't poor. They absolutely battered Arsenal the week before getting hammered by City and had some respectable performances before that. This is the same Watford side that gleefully put us to the sword twice last season.

And again, unless I watched a total different Wolves last season, this was literally a prime performance from us, like our victories over Southampton and Bournemouth. Strike, be clinical, let them make the mistakes in front of us.

Were people worried today?

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Also cutting edge is missing. We scored 2.

Only Wolves fans eh...

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
I wish Dendonker would stop these weird performances and get back to last seasons level. Dozy on the ball in possession, rarely forward thinking and what’s with the half hearted “trot up and hang a leg out” attempts to tackle? Get stuck in for ****s sake.
Beginning to get on my tits.

Same as with some of his aerial challenges, the lack of commitment with intensity is real palpable.

Perhaps he is afraid of getting carded and maybe going off.....the only true 'legs' and 'size' we have in the centre available to us.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Much better performance but more importantly it was the result that mattered. We started well and created some good chances but then got a bit nervy. Really frustrating that we allowed them to come at us by playing too deep and inviting pressure on us. But we held out and the back 3 played well.

Now to build on it and keep going.

Remember when Nuno used to say the performance was more important than the result? :rolleyes:

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A) they didn’t to be fair, just Deeney when asked about it.
B) wouldn’t want any of there players
C) Watford isn’t in London
London has grown and as strange as it seems many places consider themselves in the London loop. I can travel free with my old pharts card but someone living in Watford would I believe have to pay for the same journey. However Jeremy Corbyn has promised to classify any area that votes for him as London.:p

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Extremely important 3 points today, and felt relatively comfortable too. All 14 players today were excellent. Poor tactically though in my opinion, don’t understand why we went so defensive immediately after 1-0 and then even more defensive after 2-0. And it’s unfair on Gibbs-White to play him as a LW. Why not revert to 3-5-2?
It was Bennetts fault, clearly?

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
MGW did well when he came on. Neto was excellent first half but gave ball away a lot in 2nd half. MgW did a great job blocking their full backs runs.
Agree with that assessment, to say MGW was poor is completely wrong IMO.
Boly, Saiss, Moutinho and Rui were our best players with good performances by Traore and Doc.

Leominster_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watford aren't poor. They absolutely battered Arsenal the week before getting hammered by City and had some respectable performances before that. This is the same Watford side that gleefully put us to the sword twice last season.

And again, unless I watched a total different Wolves last season, this was literally a prime performance from us, like our victories over Southampton and Bournemouth. Strike, be clinical, let them make the mistakes in front of us.

Were people worried today?
I completely agree. I thought we played well and controlled the game. Sure they had possession and long range shots, but the only time I got remotely worried was wellbecks (I think?) curling shot. Thought patricio had been caught on his heels , but actually he saved comfortably. Other than that I wasn’t worried at all.
We got in good positions, looked dangerous on the break and some good positives.
Jonny - excellent
Neto - thought he looked really good, still young and learning but played well.
Doc - what we’ve been missing

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Played well in periods. Far from perfect but was all about 3 pts today. Nothing else mattered

mcwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
giphy.gif

JR WAS KING

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For all those saying that Watford are terrible and today was an easy 3 points for us. They went to Arsenal two weeks ago and got a 2-2 draw after being 2-0 down and had chance after chance in that game. Maybe today wasnt that bad a win after all. No way Watford will go down this season in my opinion.
They werre at home, but I know what you're saying

Fazwolf

Groupie
Reaction score
World Is better when we win .. enjoy it. Lighten up we won

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Said at half time last week that I really like the look of the back 3, need to give Saiss time though to get used to it fully, but we are incredibly balanced.

Great to see Doc back to near full fitness, he transforms the team, Traore has been good there but I think we became a bit to reliant on him - 'give it Adama'. We play better football overall with Doc there.

that back 3 would (and individually do) get owned by any proper centre forward looking to lead the line. Coady and saiss just can’t boss a physical forward as it’s not their bread and butter. We still need a ball playing centre half rather than 1 plus two midfielders imo.

Back
Top Bottom