Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Watford Verdict

• Thread starter Deleted member 4184
  • Start date

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wish Dendonker would stop these weird performances and get back to last seasons level. Dozy on the ball in possession, rarely forward thinking and what’s with the half hearted “trot up and hang a leg out” attempts to tackle? Get stuck in for ****s sake.
Beginning to get on my tits.
Agree. He gave one really stupid foul in the 2nd half, which thankfully came to nowt, just like most of Watford's set plays today, but then laughed it off as if it did not matter. Seems to be off it at the mo. If only we had a proper midfielder who compliments Moutinho, imagine that. We'd see a much better Wolves.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Supported them for 52 years thanks. But like loads more I’ve spoke to since the final whistle we are not convinced about struggling to keep such a poor side as Watford at bay
We are missing the spark we had last season. Too ponderous in possession and although it’s great to see Doc back I’m afraid the cutting edge up front is poor.
As I said it was all about the 3 points today but we still need incremental improvements in all departments to make sure we don’t get dragged into a relegation battle
No rose tinted faff here I’m afraid.
I think a lot can see the performance was not where we want it to be but the points are in the bag. Midfield needs to be sorted out, as a matter of priority. We need someone who properly compliments Mountinho, which means someone who is quick, strong and keeps close to him as a central midfield pairing. Not sure where that leaves Neves.

DPE

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some good and some bad. Better than we have been so we are improving. We won’t be in the bottom but don’t expect an amazing premiere run. Disappointing after last season but it is a marathon not a sprint.

Adama is going to be immense if he keeps improving.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Were people worried today?
I was during certain passages of play in the second half when, but for Rui, they could have got a goal and then who knows how it would have ended up. We let them have far too much possession at times - yes I know they did **** all with it for the most part - but it's not a tactic I like - although don't think we have a choice at the mo.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was during certain passages of play in the second half when, but for Rui, they could have got a goal and then who knows how it would have ended up. We let them have far too much possession at times - yes I know they did **** all with it for the most part - but it's not a tactic I like - although don't think we have a choice at the mo.
**** me, have a day off.

D

Deleted member 4456

I wish Dendonker would stop these weird performances and get back to last seasons level. Dozy on the ball in possession, rarely forward thinking and what’s with the half hearted “trot up and hang a leg out” attempts to tackle? Get stuck in for ****s sake.
Beginning to get on my tits.
He plods around the pitch in slow motion - it's as if he's buffering at times. Despite his height, he doesn't seem to be able to win a header.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Highlights suggested we created more and better openings
We did. Far from a polished display, we were the better team, worthy of all three points. We defended incredibly well restricting Watford to long range shots which Rui had few problems with.

We were very good value for the win, two nil did not flatter.

Finch3d

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If you just cherry pick the comments talking about problems, yes. There's also plenty of positive comments. Sometimes it seems that it isn't so much that people are negative, but that others are quick to come on and selectively see what they want so they can point the finger at others. See, I'm pointing it now :)

There's plenty of praise for Coady, Traore ,Saiss, Neto etc. If you choose to ignore all that, then it's you who are being negative. What I see are a lot of comments along the lines of "We were well on top at the start but now we're struggling", until we got the 2nd goal. That's not being a "negative numpty", it's exactly what was happening in the match at that time. The commentators, most definitely not Woves supporting negative numpties, were saying pretty much the same.
It was relentless prior to the game... shocking team selection... nunos got formation wrong... midfields gonna get over run... etc. Not really cherry picking. Not saying there wasnt praise after the game and so should be after a win. But prior it was as if we were gonna get spanked.

But to cherry pick a half time comment... 'we make watford look like man city' o_O

Novawolf1

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Didn’t go so can’t comment but a question re Dendoncker.....is Nuno asking him to adjust his role and position in a midfield four as compared to a five where he’s very much the runner ? Is he taking time to adapt ? Could anyone do better in a four ? What does this mean for Neves ? Just a thought...

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just thought the team look well balanced today with all of them playing well.If i had to single one out it would be Moutinho who i felt had an exceptional game.
Played higher up the pitch without neves in midfield.
Thought Nuno got the subs spot on today.I know he's not the finished article but i think MGW is gradually getting there just needs a little more time.
As for watford they must be regretting ditching their manager so early in the season.

D

Deleted member 4152

Supported them for 52 years thanks. But like loads more I’ve spoke to since the final whistle we are not convinced about struggling to keep such a poor side as Watford at bay
We are missing the spark we had last season. Too ponderous in possession and although it’s great to see Doc back I’m afraid the cutting edge up front is poor.
As I said it was all about the 3 points today but we still need incremental improvements in all departments to make sure we don’t get dragged into a relegation battle
No rose tinted faff here I’m afraid.
‘Rose tinted faff’ **** off. You were moaning like a moron pre kick off. If you have ‘supported’ this club for 52 years the way you are supporting them now then I would question your definition of support tbh. Embarrassing

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think saiss is a decent player at this level but he is a walking red card and he was playing against a ****e Watford team. Not disputing he was good today because he was awesome let’s just see if he can do it consistently (with Minimal diving in) :D

Wasn't last week his first ever red card in English football? Complete myth about him being a "walking red card". He's an excellent footballer, hard as nails too, with a never-say-die attitude. :)

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Saiss, Jonny and Moutinho the stand outs. Doc doesn’t look fit to me still.

If we’d have been Burnley I would think our points tally would be have been more respectable.

Our formation still isn’t clicking. Too much of a gulf between the midfield and the forwards.

A bit early I know hit we need a box to box midfielder, to compete or replace Dendoncker who is resembling a headless chicken this season.

I agree that Doc doesn't look 100% fit. A couple of times he just looked a yard behind where he was at peak fitness, on those lung busting runs. Having said that, I thought he was close to Man of the Match for us. He clearly makes a difference. More than anything, it's his footballing intelligence and decisions these days. He's nearly always in a good position (e.g for the goal), going forward or defending. Makes the right decisions. Still think we need to transplant Doc's footballing brain into Traore's head:)

And Dendonker was the only downside today. A bit better, but still mostly looking kind of lost. Head or feet, the ball just seems to bounce off him to an opponent. And then he disappears for such long periods, you forget he's on the pitch. Perplexing as we know he's much better than this.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree that Doc doesn't look 100% fit. A couple of times he just looked a yard behind where he was at peak fitness, on those lung busting runs. Having said that, I thought he was close to Man of the Match for us. He clearly makes a difference. More than anything, it's his footballing intelligence and decisions these days. He's nearly always in a good position (e.g for the goal), going forward or defending. Makes the right decisions. Still think we need to transplant Doc's footballing brain into Traore's head:)

And Dendonker was the only downside today. A bit better, but still mostly looking kind of lost. Head or feet, the ball just seems to bounce off him to an opponent. And then he disappears for such long periods, you forget he's on the pitch. Perplexing as we know he's much better than this.
Yes, the Donk hardly got a mention on Comms today...

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To me, he seemed to try all of his usual tricks and flicks and they didn't come off as usual. I wish he'd play a simple pass every now and again.

I felt his confidence to take an extra touch today really paid off, admittedly this is not often the case, and this allowed us to keep possession and bring others into play.

He’s still a work in progress, but he’s looked better in his last two home performances.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think a lot can see the performance was not where we want it to be but the points are in the bag. Midfield needs to be sorted out, as a matter of priority. We need someone who properly compliments Mountinho, which means someone who is quick, strong and keeps close to him as a central midfield pairing. Not sure where that leaves Neves.

Yes, agree with that. But then Moutinho isn't really the long term, is he? Unfortunate, but presumably he's only going to decline from now. Neves is the future? Or is he? Shouldn't we be looking for someone to compliment Neves?

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Personally I am just pleased that Wolves won. We needed the three points, we have got them, and now we move on. Our next game looks easy doesn't it...

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
that back 3 would (and individually do) get owned by any proper centre forward looking to lead the line. Coady and saiss just can’t boss a physical forward as it’s not their bread and butter. We still need a ball playing centre half rather than 1 plus two midfielders imo.

Saiss is a centre half, isn't he? Plays there for Morocco. Saw him play there against Spain in the World Cup. You can't get higher than that and he played really well, did a great job.

It was relentless prior to the game... shocking team selection... nunos got formation wrong... midfields gonna get over run... etc. Not really cherry picking. Not saying there wasnt praise after the game and so should be after a win. But prior it was as if we were gonna get spanked.

But to cherry pick a half time comment... 'we make watford look like man city' o_O

You could have had:
"Like the line up. A wonderfully attacking line up against a team that are leaking goals at the moment.
None of this pack the midfield and hope for something on the counter."

If you choose to ignore comments like that, then you are cherry picking. Don't get me wrong, I'm not getting at you in particular. Just my guess is, if you counted it up, recently, there are more comments whinging about others supposed negativity, than there are actual negative comments. It's kind of self-righteous - "Hey, I'm a real supporter not like all those masses of people who keep saying we'll be in League 1 by Christmas. Listen to them!"

A thread where someone asks "Are we the worst in the division?", where the majority of replies are that, while we have been well below par, no, we are not the worst, the table is not representative this early in the season. This becomes "lets have a go at all those pant-wetters who said we were nailed on for relegation".

Brixton Wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
You could tell in the opening stages of the game today that there was no way they were not gonna come away with anything less than three points.

It was a determined, confident response to our recent run of form. Well done to the players and the staff for keeping a cool head and their chins up, and for yet again figuring out a solution and continuing to evolve.

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Donk covers a lot of ground, I actually thought he did well. MGW looked good, sublime through ball to Cutrone.

D

Deleted member 4099

Just exactly what the doctor ordered! Far better shape with the back line looking really strong. We look a lot more like ourselves in the last week. Boly Saiss Jonny and Moutinho were excellent. Doc and Traore look to be forming an understanding and Neto was decent. Good win.

D

Deleted member 5635

An improved display on our premier league performances so far.
3points is the main thing though.
We looked like we could of caused Watford a lot more problems if we had played like we did for the first 20mins for all of the game, but after our goal we sat back and allowed Watford all of the ball with barely any pressing at all. Luckily we scored an OG against the run of play but it’s an improvement and we have to build on it.

Bankswolf The Third

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fully fit or not we are better when Doherty is in the team
Special thanks for the Watford midfield for letting Moutinho run the show, we played football for 15 minutes in the first half and scored
Heroes
Moutinho- superb ran the whole game
Saiss- Doherty scores one and assisted the own goal. Welcome back
Adama- getting better every time
Worries
Jiminez- wasn’t in the game enough for me
Villians
Foster- love a south bank villain who doesn’t ram it down our throats

D

Deleted member 4152

Saiss is a centre half, isn't he? Plays there for Morocco. Saw him play there against Spain in the World Cup. You can't get higher than that and he played really well, did a great job.

You could have had:
"Like the line up. A wonderfully attacking line up against a team that are leaking goals at the moment.
None of this pack the midfield and hope for something on the counter."

If you choose to ignore comments like that, then you are cherry picking. Don't get me wrong, I'm not getting at you in particular. Just my guess is, if you counted it up, recently, there are more comments whinging about others supposed negativity, than there are actual negative comments. It's kind of self-righteous - "Hey, I'm a real supporter not like all those masses of people who keep saying we'll be in League 1 by Christmas. Listen to them!"

A thread where someone asks "Are we the worst in the division?", where the majority of replies are that, while we have been well below par, no, we are not the worst, the table is not representative this early in the season. This becomes "lets have a go at all those pant-wetters who said we were nailed on for relegation".
Mate. Dress it as you want. But there were some frankly embarrassing posts pre kick off on team selection.

D

Deleted member 4152

Fully fit or not we are better when Doherty is in the team
Special thanks for the Watford midfield for letting Moutinho run the show, we played football for 15 minutes in the first half and scored
Heroes
Moutinho- superb ran the whole game
Saiss- Doherty scores one and assisted the own goal. Welcome back
Adama- getting better every time
Worries
Jiminez- wasn’t in the game enough for me
Villians
Foster- love a south bank villain who doesn’t ram it down our throats
Raul is a fantastic footballer, great vision. He does need a rest I think

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wasn't last week his first ever red card in English football? Complete myth about him being a "walking red card". He's an excellent footballer, hard as nails too, with a never-say-die attitude. :)
He’s really grown on me. Hard as nails though? I don’t think so.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Donk covers a lot of ground, I actually thought he did well.

He does run but it's often not useful. It was conspicuous today how poor he was.

Other than that I thought everyone did ok. Traore wil always fall over and fluff his lines sometimes but more than makes up for it now. Did two great through balls we wouldn't have seen last year. And our shape is miles better with Doherty in the side.

OoohRobbieRobbie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
4 points off 3rd in the Prem.

We'll get to the Europa League semis and finish 10th in the league.

Back
Top Bottom