Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Watford Verdict

• Thread starter Deleted member 4184
  • Start date

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Saiss MOTM for me. Didn’t put a foot wrong all game. To say folks were calling him a weak link and a walking red card last week as well!
I think saiss is a decent player at this level but he is a walking red card and he was playing against a ****e Watford team. Not disputing he was good today because he was awesome let’s just see if he can do it consistently (with Minimal diving in) :D

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On the MGW argument. Excellent first 10 minutes followed by a poor 10 following 10 minutes. Then played a good thru ball

R

reanswolf

But we're too weak in midfield!

Have some ****ing belief!
We are obviously too weak in midfield.

Great 3 points today mind and the lads worked really hard for them.
Johnny and Doc superb at wing-backs, Coady, Boly and Saiss defended excellently.
Moutinho was like a little dynamo, Neto lively and Donck a bit more up to speed.
Not much for Raul to feed off, but looked more energetic, Adama the same usual mix of brilliance and despair :)-.
Great win lads.

D

Deleted member 3573J

Said at half time last week that I really like the look of the back 3, need to give Saiss time though to get used to it fully, but we are incredibly balanced.

Great to see Doc back to near full fitness, he transforms the team, Traore has been good there but I think we became a bit to reliant on him - 'give it Adama'. We play better football overall with Doc there.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Saiss MOTM for me. Didn’t put a foot wrong all game. To say folks were calling him a weak link and a walking red card last week as well!
Bar the fact he should have been booked today? He was excellent today but better than Boly? Not for me Boly was a beast today

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Said at half time last week that I really like the look of the back 3, need to give Saiss time though to get used to it fully, but we are incredibly balanced.

Great to see Doc back to near full fitness, he transforms the team, Traore has been good there but I think we became a bit to reliant on him - 'give it Adama'. We play better football overall with Doc there.
Agreed. Doc is a very important player for us. Great to have him back.

Antonline1987

Groupie
Reaction score
Soooooo much better we looked more fluid we were controlled in possession our wide players played with plenty of width and jimenez didn't look isolated upfront. Doherty and traore looked good together down the right though neto played well on the left to

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great to get the win. We needed that. Well played lads.

Now we can build.

Scott.Cooper

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very pleased to get the win. We really needed that!

I do think this season is going to be a real slog in the league. I didn't think we played particularly well and for as poor as Watford were, I think they had the best chances in the game. Huge stroke of luck for the second goal, Watford were well on top with 70% possession and that goal completely changed the game.

Saiss MOTM, thought the wing-backs did well too (what a player Jonny would be if he got forward like Doherty) and from what I have seen of Neto, he actually appears to have a final ball, something we have missed for a while!

cobweb

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After 10 - 15 minutes there was a determination around Molineux that both the crowd and the players bought into. I'm sure I wasn't alone in thinking there is no way Watford are taking 1 point away from here today - they probably won't even score.

Anyway, onto the 'player ratings' as the E&S like to call it.

11. Patricio - Made 2 very good saves, the Wellbeck shot to his left being particularly athletic. His kicking seems to be getting better, he's much more commanding in the 6 yard box and he is communicating much better than last season. - 8

15. Boly - Boly on the right or Boly on the left? It doesn't seem to make any difference. Won pretty much everything. - 8

16. Coady - Wasn't tested too much defensively today but did what was asked of him. His distribution is still that of a central midfielder, sprayed the ball around well when asked. - 8

27. Saiss - Just like Boly on the right, he won everything in the air and it looked like he was playing in is natural position. He played well from the back and his distribution was again, that of a central midfeilder. 8.5

2. Doherty - Looked like the Doherty of last season. Positioning - sound. Passing - good. Getting forward - excellent. If Kieren Tierney is worth 25M, Doherty at 27 years old must be worth at least 30M. 8.5

32. Dendoncker - Did what Dendoncker does. Ran and ran and ran some more. He didn't get the usual Dendoncker chance today but he was probably needed more defensively anyway, considering the 3-4-3 formation. Performed his tasks well. 8

28. Moutinho - Class. - 9

19. Jonny - If in training he could practice free kicks from 25 yards out and consistently put them in the top corners, he could become the next Dennis Irwin because defensively he is excellent. - 8

37. Traore - As always, in bursts he is unplayable with such quick feet and quick legs nobody can get close without pulling him back. He put a couple of dangerous balls into the box and generally scared Watford whenever he was close to the ball. - 8

9. Jimenez - Looked disappointed when he left the pitch. Partly because he didn't score and partly because he was being subbed, but nobody can ever question his determination or hard work. Needs a goal though, if only to cheer himself up. - 8

7. Neto - Very quick thinking, quick feet, and fast over 20 yards. What's not to like? Great performance. 8.5

Subs:

17. Gibbs-White - Would've been fantastic if he could have scored a goal he's well capable of at the south bank end. Not today, but it'll happen. 8

9. Cotrone - If he starts scoring, particularly at Molineux where the crowd love him, he has the potential to be a 15-20 goal per season man. 8

8. Neves - Made one or two important interceptions and forward passes. 7

Last edited:

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Generally comfortable though that scramble in the 2nd half was a bit scary. Much more like last season where the opposition have the ball a lot but can't create much. We perhaps should have made more of a few good positions but certainly at the game we rarely seemed in much danger.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Relief!
Many improvements today from different players and Nuno and the squad will feel some of the pressure slip off them.

Think how much better we would be if we didn’t lose the ball so much and then take so long to regain possession.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let's not get carried away. Watford are awful and nailed on for relegation. We looked lethargic, disjointed, gave the ball away far too often. If we play like that at City we'll concede 6. Still a win is a win and it will boost confidence. But FFS Nuno why do we sit so deep? Asking for trouble against any decent team.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let's not get carried away. Watford are awful and nailed on for relegation. We looked lethargic, disjointed, gave the ball away far too often. If we play like that at City we'll concede 6. Still a win is a win and it will boost confidence. But FFS Nuno why do we sit so deep? Asking for trouble against any decent team.
Not surprising Watford look like a team nailed on for promotion. They are probably getting complacent as they haven't changed their manager for a few games now.:eek::eek::eek:

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Job done...the result was all that mattered today.

Could have had more goals if Jimbo could hit the target with his efforts.

Played well on the break, but the issue of central control is very much a real issue....unable to exert control it was defending the box mostly in the second.

Thought Boly and Jonny were immense all game...joint MOTM for me. Traore, Saiss were good as was Neto in the first half.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bet we don't.

I know last season is a while back, but today was literally a copy of a vast amount of our games from last year. Comfortable for the game to be played in front of us.

George AlooGobi

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Bet we don't.

I know last season is a while back, but today was literally a copy of a vast amount of our games from last year. Comfortable for the game to be played in front of us.

Our first was a little flashback too

A few first time passes and a tap in. Made it look simple

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For all those saying that Watford are terrible and today was an easy 3 points for us. They went to Arsenal two weeks ago and got a 2-2 draw after being 2-0 down and had chance after chance in that game. Maybe today wasnt that bad a win after all. No way Watford will go down this season in my opinion.

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Delighted we have finally got a win in the league and hopefully can use it as a platform now to push on and regain the form we had last season

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For all those saying that Watford are terrible and today was an easy 3 points for us. They went to Arsenal two weeks ago and got a 2-2 draw after being 2-0 down and had chance after chance in that game. Maybe today wasnt that bad a win after all. No way Watford will go down this season in my opinion.

Yeah they have some good players. If their coach can get them playing right they will be fine.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
First game I’ve gotten to this season (or last, apart from the Semi at Wembley), and sooo happy to see our first league win.

Thought we played well in spells, laboured in others, but overall deserved the win and clean sheet. We did what we needed to. Defensively, much better, and like the look of that back 3/5. Glad we got the clean sheet as reward. Traore is a must play when we go 343, and is working well with Doc. Having Doc back and fit makes such a difference. Neto was great first half. Worried about MGW coming on, but he did his job ok. In fact, everyone did their job today, and everyone covered each other if they made a mistake. That’s much more like the Nuno Wolves we know, and so pleasing to see. UTW.

S

Shifnal Wolf

Professional did what we needed to do.

As for Watford :-

Foster - parents weren’t married

Gerard D :- Poor mans Ozil, lacks heart and passion.

Sarr :- They’ve wasted £40m on this donkey (should have spent £10m a piece on 4 needed defenders).

Doucoure :- What’s happened to him, they have sucked the quality out of him.

Away Fans :- Worst we’ve had down here in 3 seasons?

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Professional did what we needed to do.

As for Watford :-

Foster - parents weren’t married

Gerard D :- Poor mans Ozil, lacks heart and passion.

Sarr :- They’ve wasted £40m on this donkey (should have spent £10m a piece on 4 needed defenders).

Doucoure :- What’s happened to him, they have sucked the quality out of him.

Away Fans :- Worst we’ve had down here in 3 seasons?
Sarr cost £40million????? That can’t be true I presumed he was done youth team player he was absolutely garbage

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great win!

A lot of negative chatter in the build up and half time thread... as MM said negative numpties!

If you just cherry pick the comments talking about problems, yes. There's also plenty of positive comments. Sometimes it seems that it isn't so much that people are negative, but that others are quick to come on and selectively see what they want so they can point the finger at others. See, I'm pointing it now :)

There's plenty of praise for Coady, Traore ,Saiss, Neto etc. If you choose to ignore all that, then it's you who are being negative. What I see are a lot of comments along the lines of "We were well on top at the start but now we're struggling", until we got the 2nd goal. That's not being a "negative numpty", it's exactly what was happening in the match at that time. The commentators, most definitely not Woves supporting negative numpties, were saying pretty much the same.

Back
Top Bottom