Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wat40rd Verdict

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They proved me wrong so good to see Boly back he looked his old self was the complete performance, very happy

Special mention to Raul he was terrific!!

FOSTER FOSTER WHATS THE SCORE????

CologneWolf

Reaction score
A win agaisnt watford to snap a 3 game losing skid. Sound familiar?

Great response from the lads. After a few disappointing outings. Watford were poor but highly impressed with Jonny and Big Willy Boly. Both looked like they have been playing regularly all season. Hopefully this match has played Raul into form. He looked good tonight.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As said in comms. Either we played really good or Watford really are that bad.

Either way, nice!

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Really pleased with that tonight. I thought the whole team played well but will single out Jonny and Boly for extra praise as they both were immense after being out for so long. It’s a bit difficult to judge because Watford were so poor but who gives a ****? We’re on 43 points and can march on.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fantastic reaction from the boys.

Great to see Boly back and slotting seamlessly in to the back line. Great game for Jonny; got his minutes and we had the liberty of taking him off with Sunday in mind.

Let’s do the same to Everton (who are decent at home) and get the season back on track.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Alright sausage. Won every battle, brought the ball out, looked composed with next to no minutes in his legs.

Best CB at the club.

People would be creaming themselves if Kilman delivered that performance tonight.

Sounds to me like you have invented some kind of fan vendetta against Boly that simply isn't there.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neves' goal was a carbon copy of Cantona vs Sunderland and capped a stunning display, controlled the game from start to finish.

Watford were incredibly poor though. Just as Palace played to our weaknesses, Watford did the exact opposite, giving our entire team so much time and space that those elaborate flicks that have us all frustrated were actually coming off.

Great to have Aît-Nouri and Jonny back. Jonny gave a very good shift in the first half - he seems to have lost a bit of acceleration, as you would expect, so may have to modify his game a little, but his class shone through. Aît-Nouri can be a little elaborate at times but must be frightening to play against.

Boly excellent on his return, much more like the old Boly. Saïss again sloppy, and needs to sharpen up asap as against more accomplished opponents he would have been punished tonight.

Sa 6 (by virtue of having nothing to do)
Jonny 7
Boly 7
Coady 7
Saïss 6
Aît-Nouri 7
Neves 10
Moutinho 7
Podence 7
Raul 7
Hwang 6.5

Subs:
Neto 6
Fabio 6
Chiquinho 6

Happy to be commenting on a 153 week old Instagram post from Ben Foster reminding him exactly what we think of him

WinchWolf

Reaction score
They proved me wrong so good to see Boly back he looked his old self was the complete performance, very happy

Special mention to Raul he was terrific!!

FOSTER FOSTER WHATS THE SCORE????
Hilarious comments on the Watford forum, here;s a few:

"I absolutely cannot stand Ben Foster. A gurning unprofessional man-child. He takes his wage and laughs at us. An utter disgrace."

Foster: "Made a mistake but that was a WICKED goal by Podence. Absolutely smashed it! Neves chipped me as well. What a player! Will look awesome on the go-pro! Roy is probably gonna get sacked now but he is still a LEGEND. Off to the hotel room with my apple crumble and ketchup now. Buzzing. Premier League baby!"

Have to say, Wolves 4th was a beautiful goal - and seeing Foster getting "lobbed" was actually quite entertaining, for all the wrong reasons of course. Roy is out of his depth, and so are over half of this squad. The sooner this season ends the better.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Alright sausage. Won every battle, brought the ball out, looked composed with next to no minutes in his legs.

Best CB at the club.

People would be creaming themselves if Kilman delivered that performance tonight.

I think Kilman has been delivering exactly that kind of performance until his recent dip in form. It’s absolutely fantastic that we have big Willy who can slot in and just do like he’s been playing all season. That is impressive.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well done lads. A fully deserved win.

Otto and Boly couldn't have had an easier game to ease their way back. They looked comfortable.

A terrific goal from Neves.

I'm always surprised when the opposition decides to give Neves and Moutinho the freedom to dictate play. It's like Hodgson hadn't seen our previous games where we struggle when teams press us.

Just a comfortable match without any stress. I could do with a few more of those.

Goal music - booooo
I love the goal music. Brings back amazing memories of barca

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Superb. Had real intent from the off and it paid off handsomely. Even before the first goal, we got the ball out wide and there were four or five players busting a gut to get forward and it makes SUCH a difference compared to the passive style we've been enduring

Jimenez looked a player again, Podence was getting the ball in great positions and causing havoc, Moutinho knitting it all together and then Neves with his raking passes (not to mention his goal), it was just a really enjoyable night and we looked really good. Also special mention to the two defenders who hadn't started a game this season, they were excellent. Icing on the cake was Ben Foster obviously, great assist for Podence's goal and then to be chipped at the end ;)

People have been telling me for six months we can't play attack minded football, we don't have the players to and we have to play defensively. I've said for the past six months that that's a load of *******s, tonight we got what we were sold in the summer, tonight we attacked, we hunted, were good to watch and put (admittedly a poor) Watford to the sword, let's do it again on Sunday

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a great night.

Exactly the sort of performance that I didn't think we were capable of. Controlled from the start, superior throughout and most importantly, kept going.

Not getting too carried away because Watford were truly abysmal but have to enjoy this.

Jonny outstanding, Neves the best, Boly a monster at the back, love his aggression and power at going through the strikers. In truth, could mention 7/8 of them.

It was like the Championship nights. We outclass the opponent and Neves runs the show whilst doing something amazing.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How good do we look with Jonny and RAN as wing backs.

Compare Hoever and Marcal with those 2!

We have Semedo to come back as well. He’s having a great season.

Think Hoever might be sold/loaned and Marcal released this summer.

Then it'll be any 2 from Semedo, Jonny, Ait Nouri and Giles next season. All very good footballers.

Metal Wolf89

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Excellent performance but much expected after Lage gave them a rocket up the ****!

Watford were so poor, the real test will be against Everton on Sunday!

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our easiest win last season was probably Palace at home when Hodgson set up in a way that gave our wingbacks acres of space. Hodgson's Watford did exactly the same tonight which combined with failing to press gave Neves and Moutinho space to play and as we know if they get a bit of time and space they can dominate almost any team let alone one as poor as Watford. Job done and hopefully we've got back on track.

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Biggest top flight win since beating a ten-man Blackpool 4-0 in February 2011 (remember DJ Campbell?). Biggest league win since winning at Bolton to clinch the Championship title.

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
Excellent performance. Controlled the game from the start.

Special mention for Johnny. When he controlled the ball from the air, brilliant. There was an ahhhhhh and huge applause.

Boly was solid and looked as if he's been playing all season. Every time he went for a challenge or header you knew there was only going to be one winner...

Neves is so good....

Enjoyed that so much, will sleep very happy.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
At the start it was like two teams who didn't want to really attack. We got our first, still didn't look brilliant, but a lovely cross from Jonny and an own goal put is in command, karma then **** on foster and a sweet third. We weren't particularly convincing in the first but we 3 up and largely untroubled.

Second half we took full control and ran the game, Watford gave up and we were in complete control, much better performance second half topped off by a goal of the season contender.

Top players today we're Jonny my MoM is for me the best wingback at the club and I really do wonder how good he could be in midfield?, boly who really turned back the clock to the cool commander we all love and neves who is our best player and scored a proper goal of the season contender.

R

reanswolf

That was a complete performance.

Jose Sa - 7 - nothing to do.
Jonny - 8 - has come back so well, ok maybe lacks that bit of acceleration, but he got forward well. What a lovely touch of control that the ground really appreciated when it came over his head. That was Messi-esque!
Ait Nouri - 8 - also played extremely well on the opposite wing back position and also drew gasps of amazement at one bit of control. His progress is very exciting.
Coady - 7.5 - never really tested but distributed as you expect him to do.
Saiss - 7 - bit sloppy once or twice then then finished strongly with some great covering. A great servant.
Boly - 8.5 - so wonderful to see our Rolls-Royce defender back again - made everything look so easy, but he was superb defensively. Dominated proceedings.
Moutinho - 8 - busy as usual, and he kept the game simple but he is so intelligent on the ball, much better from our 5 ft 7 bit of heaven!
Neves - 9.5 - I was genuinely overcome by his performance tonight, up there with his very best, his distribution long and short was imperious, his covering in midfield was fantastic on and off the ball, and that goal..............just sick!
Podence - 8 - worked as hard as usual, often at the centre of our attacking play, as usual not everything comes off, but a cheeky little finish to make Foster look like an idiot.
Jimenez - 7.5 - looked more like the old Raul with a few rampaging runs, good for him to tuck that one away too. His disallowed goal was a bit harshly ruled out for me.
Wangi Chan - 7 - worked hard but lacked co-ordination and effect.

SUBS

Pedro - 7.5 - a few lovely runs and adds pace to our team. Getting back to form.
Fabio - 7 - toiled well and a bit unlucky not to score.
Chinquinho - 7 - a few lively runs down the right stretched Watford. Looks promising.

What an enjoyable evening. Reasonable atmosphere from the off.
Well done everyone.

waltononthehillwolf

Reaction score
Great win tonight - Watford are a poor side but who gives a **** - lets not get too down when we lose and lets not go too mad when we win - some advice there from a Wolves fan who's been watching the Wolves for over 50 years - just have to say that Neves is the greatest Wolves player I have ever had the privilege to watch play for our beloved team - what a player what a performance and what a goal - lets give Everton a dicking now on Sunday COYW

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A very good performance against an abject team that really don't look like they are fighting for their Premier League status, Do they not have TV’s in Watford? Did they not see the Palace game? They really sat off and let us play our game and got what they deserved.

Neves is an incredible footballer, great goal and bossed the game. Boly, Jonny, RAN were really good - no one had a bad game Chan was probably the most disappointing but still contributed, hope he is just taking time to get his match sharpness back. Sa could have sat in a deckchair for most of the game tonight.

Not the biggest fan of Podence but he also impressed tonight, can never fault his effort.

Last edited:

jim_boner

Groupie
Reaction score
Wow, doesn't life suddenly feel a whole lot better!

Watford were probably the perfect opposition after 3 poor performances but we certainly made the most of their shortcomings.

Early goal(s) made such a difference and from there we were in complete control and played with real swagger at times.

Really not sure what Raul's 2nd goal was disallowed for, but a moment of pure genius that only Ruben could produce more than made up for it.

Ratings;

Sa - Spectator - 6
Boly
- Fantastic to see him back in the team. And it looked like he'd never been away. A little harsh on Kilman to be taken out having probably been our POTS until now, but Willy showed that he's probably still the best defender at the club. 8.5
Coady
- Didn't have a huge amount to do as we controlled the game so well and anything that did come through midfield was swiftly blocked by Boly. But marshalled and led the side immaculately as always. 7
Saiss
- Probably his best performance since returning from AFCON but once again didn't have a huge amount to do. Couple of shaky moments in the first half but improved as the game went on. 7
Jonny
- What a performance. Watching him play, if you didn't know, it would be inconceivable that he's barely played for 2 years after 2 cruciates. Always solid defensively and offered plenty going forward. The complete wing-back performance. 9
Neves
- Just completely majestic. Even before his sumptuous goal, he was at least a 9 out of 10. His passing was superb, he provided amazing cover defensively, it was just a really complete performance. And then he goes and does that. He's in danger of usurping a certain S.G Bull as my favourite Wolves player of all time. Please please please Wolves, convince him to sign a new contract and run our midfield for another 5+ years. 10
Moutinho -
performed the support act to Ruben in midfield but was very good also. Very positive and proactive with his passing, which at times he hasn't been (last season) and provided very good service to our attacking players. 8
Ait-Nouri
- Another very welcome return to the team. Has improved a lot defensively (still areas to work on) but offers so much in an attacking sense. Gave their right-back nightmares and was great to see him popping up at the back post for the 2nd goal. If he's fit, Marcal should get used to sitting on the bench. 8.5
Hwang -
Got a good assist for the opening goal which was crucial, but other than that nothing much came off for him and was guilty of giving away possession too often. Still a decent option for us but i would imagine that his place must come under serious threat now with Neto getting back to full fitness and Chiquinho improving every week. 6.5
Raul
- That was more like it. Maybe it was genius man-management from Bruno in taking him out of the team, or maybe the early goal pumped his tyres up. Either way, this was much more like the Raul we all know and love. Hold up play was better, seemed to have an extra yard of pace and looked dangerous throughout. Also took his 2nd 'goal' beautifully. 8.5
Podence -
Continued his recent rich form with another performance full of creativity, drive and skill. Took his goal brilliantly and it wasn't as easy as it looked. I seriously questioned him last season, but its clear now that he was carrying an injury at the time and he's rightly now one of the first names on the team sheet. 8

Subs

Neto -
Another big step in the right direction. Looked very bright when he came on and consistently worried Watford with his running. Valuable minutes for him and hope/expect to see him start v Everton. 7
Silva -
A bright cameo. Full of running and pressing. Was unlucky with a difficult half chance from a deflected cross and a tight angle. Would love to see him score a goal or two before the end of the season. 7
Chiquinho -
Only had 10 minutes or so but contributed well, including a smart assist for Neves goal. Continues to show great potential. 7

Keep that handbrake off Bruno. We're great to watch when we play like this.

One final thought.... Bruno has a real dilemma coming in a few weeks when Nelson returns to fitness. He was excellent before his injury and Ait-nouri brings so much to this team. If Jonny keeps playing like that, i have no idea who he picks in the wing back roles. One thing i do know... Hoever may need a loan.

Attachments

• 1646954357479.png
    1646954357479.png
    22.1 KB · Views: 37

itsmee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
3 gifted goals from Watford
One brilliant goal from Neves.
The most boring lack lustre 4-0 win we have ever seen lol.
You could see how annoyed/frustrated Bruno was
Atmosphere was as Flat as a witches tit.
At least Bruno tried to get the crowd going, to get the players going.

Back
Top Bottom