Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wat40rd Verdict

Polish Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I've only been able to watch the 2nd half, but just on the evidence of it - what a performance!

I know Watford were extremely poor but the way our players showed desire to win the ball back on every possible occasion was very impressive. Also, we attacked with pace and in numbers.

Ruben Neves simply bossed the game. Top class.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That was OK wasn't it.

Hard to know who was our best player; Neves, Boly, Jonny all superb. Didn't look like Willy had been away. Neto bright when he came on, Mouts helped run the midfield, RAN (other than a couple of iffy moments) was sound. Probably give Wolves' MotM to Foster, though.
Great team performance against a very poor Watford team.

Southdownswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tonight was the perfect game to have after 3 losses on the spin.
Solid, professional, without getting out of second gear.
oh...and pure filth from Neves.....again

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That will help the confidence that is for sure but a little tricky to gauge the performance against an awful Watford. Good to see us capable of getting forward though. The weekend will be a good test as to whether we have now regrouped. Much better line up tonight though, which made a huge difference. A Striker and actual Wing backs, who knew that would help?

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Boly as good as ever, Johnny equally at home. Chiquino absolutely ready for the PL, and could well be as much of a game changer as Traore despite being written off as "he won't be ready till next year". Accomplished performance, made it look easy. Very happy tonight.

T

TheConcourse

Sa: Pointless. Had **** all to do.

You know what, I’m not scoring. Just going to pick three players out for very different reasons.

WiLlY bOlY iS fInIsHeD according to some here. Do me a favour. He’s our best CB by an absolute mile. Absolutely scandalous that he hasn’t played this season.

Jonny ****ing Otto. I’m pretty sure that’s his middle name. Take a bow. Professionalism, effort, skill and pure desire. Take note of what a proper footballer looks like, Ki. Two ****ed ligaments in a couple of years and struts around the pitch like it’s a Lads v Dads game. Well done. Really well done.

Sir Ruben Neves: Give the man a lifetime deal with a guaranteed lifetime salary, shares in the club and a night with all of our wives. We can’t lose him. Imperious, generational talent who is going to dominate CM for the next 6-8 years for a top club.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well done lads. A fully deserved win.

Otto and Boly couldn't have had an easier game to ease their way back. They looked comfortable.

A terrific goal from Neves.

I'm always surprised when the opposition decides to give Neves and Moutinho the freedom to dictate play. It's like Hodgson hadn't seen our previous games where we struggle when teams press us.

Just a comfortable match without any stress. I could do with a few more of those.

Goal music - booooo

Last edited:

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My old mantra was true again today. When our wingbacks play well, we play well. Both impressed me today (Jonny more so) and we looked every inch the side battling for 7th.

What really struck me was how much time and space we had every time we were attacking from width. It was also great to see Jonny, RAN and Chiqiunho all constantly attacking the opposing side of the box when we attacked wide. The fourth goal was a perfect vindication of that, and is perhaps something we haven't seen enough of since Doherty left.

Jimenez has a wonderful knack of scoring important goals and this was a very important first after three straight defeats.

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did not see the game, but can't wait to watch Sky Sports extended highlights.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Total control. Superb.

Boly slotted in for Kilman, and Jonny for Semedo, absolutely perfectly. RAN was a handful. Clean sheet and calm at the back again after a few wobbly games. All our starting forwards contributed with either goals or assists. Neves was sublime and Mouts did what was needed. Subs all did their jobs.

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

You know what, I’m not scoring. Just going to pick three players out for very different reasons.

WiLlY bOlY iS fInIsHeD according to some here. Do me a favour. He’s our best CB by an absolute mile. Absolutely scandalous that he hasn’t played this season.

Jonny ****ing Otto. I’m pretty sure that’s his middle name. Take a bow. Professionalism, effort, skill and pure desire. Take note of what a proper footballer looks like, Ki. Two ****ed ligaments in a couple of years and struts around the pitch like it’s a Lads v Dads game. Well done. Really well done.

Sir Ruben Neves: Give the man a lifetime deal with a guaranteed lifetime salary, shares in the club and a night with all of our wives. We can’t lose him. Imperious, generational talent who is going to dominate CM for the next 6-8 years for a top club.
Lol but 2 points. Offering nights with all the Mix wives could see him moving to the Falklands! Boly brilliant but hasn't been fit so not really scandalous.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neves was sublime, was like when an ex pro gets pulled in as a ringer for a Sunday league team. All just looked so effortless.

Boly did really well, but one watch out would be it could hardly have been easier for him against those frontmen who barely broke sweat. So happy to see him back though.

Special mention though for Jonny. In all my years watching Wolves, I can’t think of another player so consistently 7/8 out of 10. So great to have him fit again. Him, RAN and Semedo provide 3 superb wing back options. (Don’t tell Hooever)

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Fantastic stuff. Having Ait-Nouri back in the side makes such a difference from an attacking perspective. Thought him and Podence were really good.

Great to see Willy Boly back and so pleased for Jonny to have a game like that after such a difficult couple of years.

Neves is just majestic. Seeing him in a Wolves shirt continues to be a joy and absolute privilege.

Sa N/A (6)
Boly 7
Coady 7
Saiss 6
Jonny 7
Neves 9
Moutinho 7
RAN 8
Podence 8
Raul 7
Hwang 6

As good as we were, Watford were genuinely awful in all departments.

Biggest game of the season for me from a family and friends perspective so absolutely made up. Not sure Mrs Tring will be so pleased…should probably cheer her up by changing into something a little more comfortable…

…although I’m guessing four-play may be out of the question…

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Why is it scandalous? Our defensive record was impeccable ffs. And tonight hasn't told us one way or another if Boly is finished or well on his way back. My nan could have had a decent game tonight at the back.

T

TheConcourse

Why is it scandalous? Our defensive record was impeccable ffs. And tonight hasn't told us one way or another if Boly is finished or well on his way back. My nan could have had a decent game tonight at the back.
Alright sausage. Won every battle, brought the ball out, looked composed with next to no minutes in his legs.

Best CB at the club.

People would be creaming themselves if Kilman delivered that performance tonight.

Back
Top Bottom