Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wardinho

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
bill has it spot on imo . the club has to try and build bridges ans try and win back some solidarity with the fans. there had to be changes especially if promotion straight back is the number one priority. heads have to roll after all jez and morgan are hardley going to cut off their own heads!

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You have a long history on this forum of defending Karl Henry, in particular, and other players against what many other people have heard about the poor atmosphere in the dressing room. So it is no real surprise that that you now concoct a flimsy theory that those same players are being made to train with the kids, transfer listed, and publicly humiliated, just to protect them from injury. Even though, doing that will cost Wolves' substantial sums in lowered value and worse terms of setlement. And even though, this practice is virtually unheard of in the professional game.

You have obviously have a mission to defend a certain viewpoint here, no matter how lacking in logic and evidence it has, so I suppose we better leave it there.
Where are they being publicly humiliated. Outside of Wolves no one really could give a dam and if anything it is Wolves who have been publicly humiliated.
Other cllubs now know they have a great advantage over Wolves to negotiate the best deal for them. The players know they can sit tight. It is a poker game and neither Morgan nor the over estimated negotiator Moxey are good at this game.
Try and guesstimate how much the last two seasons have cost us.
Until Morgan realises that he needs to bring in a decent active Board we will never be ahead of the game
To make the four outcasts the scapegoat is not accepting what the real problem is.

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Where are they being publicly humiliated.
To make the four outcasts the scapegoat is not accepting what the real problem is.

These were premiership players just over a year ago. Now made to train with the youth section. No professional humiliation there, you think??

A reassertion of management was essential at this football club. And that is what has been done. I dont see that as scapegoating, just an overdue measure to get a dysfunctional club rebooted. It's not the only measure taken or else it could be seen as just picking on those 4. But Jackett has obviously pushed for changes in attitude across the board, from training schedules, to relations with the fans.

Isnt this what we, the fans, wanted?? Why complain??

F

FLEET WOLF

Just a few questions on this, which have been confusing me for a while.

1.) Who is the individual who gave Jackett the information on the alledged 'toxic elements' in the dressing room? Moxey? Thelwell? Other players? The decision to isolate the four was made so quickly after his appointment that it surely had to come from above.

2.) Does anyone have any actual example(s) of how Ward was a source of dressing room unrest? I have read on here numerous times that Foley (Henry's supposed partner in crime), Stearman (supposedly sent on loan for being a disruptive influence) and Doumbia (alledged arguments with Solbakken) were disruptive influences, yet have never once heard anything about Ward. Following on from that, why would Jackett allow those three back with the first team and not Ward?

3. What was the Club's view on Margreitter's interview that questioned the commitment of his team-mates? Was this seen as potentially disruptive and divisive?

Anyone have any answers for this? Is it purely that the rumours about Foley and Stearman were rubbish? Is Jackett the man making these decisions and, if so, who has been giving him the 'inside story' on what happened in the dressing room last year?

Not sure we shall ever get answers Tring, but I can't help feeling that a lot of the information about disruptive influences has probably come from some of the players.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
These were premiership players just over a year ago. Now made to train with the youth section. No professional humiliation there, you think??

A reassertion of management was essential at this football club. And that is what has been done. I dont see that as scapegoating, just an overdue measure to get a dysfunctional club rebooted. It's not the only measure taken or else it could be seen as just picking on those 4. But Jackett has obviously pushed for changes in attitude across the board, from training schedules, to relations with the fans.

Isnt this what we, the fans, wanted?? Why complain??
I think the whole situation with the players has been poorly handled but no I dont think that O'hara and Johnson feel humiliated. If they did a deal would have been sorted out a long time ago but one that involved them losing out on the fat contracts they are on now.
There is a lot more than these four that was wrong with the club.
Morgan and Moxey have been responsible for the total mismanagement of the club and if it was not for the parachute payments we would be in dire financial problems. Morgan has said that he is not prepared to put his own money into the club and he does not have the skills needed to run a football club. So where does this leave us.?
On a wing and a prayer that KJ can overcome the inefficiencies surrounding him.

M

Mugwump

1.) Who is the individual who gave Jackett the information on the alledged 'toxic elements' in the dressing room? Moxey? Thelwell? Other players? The decision to isolate the four was made so quickly after his appointment that it surely had to come from above.

2.) Does anyone have any actual example(s) of how Ward was a source of dressing room unrest? I have read on here numerous times that Foley (Henry's supposed partner in crime), Stearman (supposedly sent on loan for being a disruptive influence) and Doumbia (alledged arguments with Solbakken) were disruptive influences, yet have never once heard anything about Ward. Following on from that, why would Jackett allow those three back with the first team and not Ward?

3. What was the Club's view on Margreitter's interview that questioned the commitment of his team-mates? Was this seen as potentially disruptive and divisive?

Anyone have any answers for this? Is it purely that the rumours about Foley and Stearman were rubbish? Is Jackett the man making these decisions and, if so, who has been giving him the 'inside story' on what happened in the dressing room last year?

Very fair questions Tring. Unless people on here actually name their sources i think you have to accept any " inside info " either in good faith or with a pinch of salt.

P

Paul76

Another Pony bites the dust. Fantastic and excellent news on a Friday. Soon our beloved team will be unrecognisable from the shambles of the last 2 years.

I will not miss this player one bit. An awful LB who should have been chinned of years ago. An embarrassment at Lb whilst we were in the Premiership.

For the money, he was decent value in the Championship. Then super Mick converted him into a Lb because he and his scouts were a bunch of brainless Chimps. That particular dream team supposedly couldn't find a LB who was better than the Hurler. So we gave him a fat pay rise and persisted with a promising forward playing at Lb.

Only at Wolves,

NEXT.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Firstly, I have no "inside knowledge", this is purely my opinion, fwiw.

I think anyone in football, particularly in the league we were in were able to identify very quickly who was a bad egg and who had contributed most to our downfalls, performances not even being a factor there. Kenny Jackett as a Millwall manager would have constant reports on clubs in the Championship from his staff about clubs including us for a variety of different reasons so when he arrived at Wolves I am absolutely sure who knew which camp was causing unrest. That combined with the fact that I think Moxey in particular would have been quick to pinpoint out which ones. I think though people are confusing bad personality's with big wages. Stephen Ward wasn't a bad pro, he was just on a big wage, his only problem within the squad I think he had I will state in the next question. In short, I think Moxey made it clear to Jackett straight away those 4 players needed to be shifted and I think Jackett knowing they had made little to no impact over the last 12 months agreed to it, with the understanding that it would free up a wage budget for him, hence the signings of Sam Ricketts, Kevin McDonald and (fingers crossed) more.

I think Ward was part of a group of players who had there wage decreased upon relegation and they looked at players who didn't (Johnson, O'Hara, Doyle, new signings etc) which then inturn caused an unrest. Foley I would include in that. Henry I would most certainly include in that. Those feelings are natural though, and within any company at any level employers would look around and say "hey, why have I had a decrease and they haven't?" That is what has been led to believe and also my personal opinion.

The Solbakken situation was a problem within most of the players bar his signings. I think Doyle aside (who openly came out and said he liked Stale and his style) the majority of the squad didn't take to Solbakken. Why? Because Solbakken openly stated he wanted 2 or 3 transfer windows to "build his own team". Hardly something players who have had it easy and on very good wages at the club for 4, 5, 6 years want to hear, is it? My opinion but I think the vast majority of the squad didn't feel comfortable in a system (one could argue a good, genuine footballing one) they couldn't perform and knowing long term they didn't have a future. For me the fact that Dean Saunders was his replacement absolutely 100% backs that up.

Freedom of speech. There was nothing wrong with what he said, had he been from Wolverhampton and said it in the E&S he would probably have been lauded as saying it how it is. This is irrelevant though, through the "structure" set in place at the top that is been now overseen by Jackett (a big factor in why they clicked in the interview IMO) he is now being overlooked and will be sold as Doumbia, Boukari and Sako soon will be. Our structure in place now is 18-24, young, hungry and preferably british.

Vietnam Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With Wardy it's like your faithful (but aesthetically challenged) loyal stalwart of a wfe, with nose hair, strange chin, etc.. suddenly "playing up". You still love him / her and maybe, like me, you've invested in two Wolves tops emblazoned with WARDINHO 11 on the back.

But you wonder what the $$$$ went wrong ? This is Wardinho, loyal Wardinho, the Wardinho who you'd stake your life on to try hard and deliver. What made him turn to the dark side and empathize with the two wasters plus Karl.

I suspect error in communication with KJ to blame... But well done KJ for sticking to your principles no matter how much we (actually VW only) loves Wardy.

NOKASPLACE

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All the best Wardy.... Some great memories but it was time to go. All the best in your future career

A

andyc225

We should call the Guinness Book of World Records up. Backpedalling all the way from Wolves to Brighton ought to be a shoe in for a new world record.

cobweb

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Although I have no proof, I think the people who make the decisions at Molineux told Jackett that the wage bill had to be trimmed but he could keep a couple of the high earners if he wanted them.

Jackett then decided to isolate the 4 who he had no intention of keeping while at the same time keeping Sako and Doyle in and around the squad just in case no serious bids came in.

I don't think the 4 who were training with the U21'S were isolated to make an example of them, I think it purely comes down to cash.

V

vega recollection

I for 1 wish the guy well,maybe they'll know where to play him.You never know,he may prove to be an integral part of their promotion attempt....a sort of Brighton Rock.

Last edited by a moderator:

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another Pony bites the dust. Fantastic and excellent news on a Friday. Soon our beloved team will be unrecognisable from the shambles of the last 2 years.

I will not miss this player one bit. An awful LB who should have been chinned of years ago. An embarrassment at Lb whilst we were in the Premiership.

For the money, he was decent value in the Championship. Then super Mick converted him into a Lb because he and his scouts were a bunch of brainless Chimps. That particular dream team supposedly couldn't find a LB who was better than the Hurler. So we gave him a fat pay rise and persisted with a promising forward playing at Lb.

Only at Wolves,

NEXT.

This. x one million.

WestChiltingtonwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I love the arrogance of fans who think they know better than one of the worlds best managers (Trappatoni).

Get back to Championship Manager idiots.

Good luck Wardy, we needed a change.

H

Hatch End

I love the arrogance of fans who think that Trappatoni is one of the world's best managers!

dane

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I love the arrogance of fans who think they know better than one of the worlds best managers (Trappatoni).

Trapattoni only watched him once in a while, Wolves fans got to see how bad he was every week

How many times has he played for ROI since his god awful Euro's last year btw?

K

Keano17

Trapattoni only watched him once in a while, Wolves fans got to see how bad he was every week

How many times has he played for ROI since his god awful Euro's last year btw?
Trap is very slow to make changes to his team or squad. hardly made subs at the start of his reign but he had Ward out of the team then squad very quickly

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I for 1 wish the guy well,maybe they'll know where to play him.You never know,he may prove to be an integral part of their promotion attempt....a sort of Brighton Rock.

Be funny if they bought him thinking of converting him to a striker...:D

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Trapattoni is nowhere near the best manager in the world and Republic of Ireland have done next to nothing of achievements in the past 10 years. Him getting in at left back is about the same as a unemployed 25 year old landing warehouse manager at his local Home Bargains store.

WestChiltingtonwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I love the arrogance of fans who think that Trappatoni is one of the world's best managers!

is nowhere near the best manager in the world

Yeah...

Managerial honours[edit source | editbeta]
Juventus
Serie A (6): 1976–77, 1977–78, 1980–81, 1981–82, 1983–84, 1985–86
Coppa Italia (2): 1978–79, 1982–83
European Cup (1): 1984–85
UEFA Cup Winners' Cup (1): 1984
UEFA Cup (2): 1977, 1993
European Super Cup (1): 1984
Intercontinental Cup (1): 1985
Internazionale
Serie A (1): 1988–89
Supercoppa Italiana (1): 1989
UEFA Cup (1): 1991
Bayern Munich
Bundesliga (1): 1996–97
DFB-Pokal (1): 1997–98
DFB-Ligapokal (1): 1996–97
Benfica
Primeira Liga (1): 2004–05
Red Bull Salzburg
Austrian Bundesliga (1): 2006–07
Republic of Ireland
Nations Cup (1): 2011

"Alongside the German Udo Lattek, he is the only coach to have won all three major European club titles. Also, he is the only one to have won all UEFA club competitions and the World Club title, also having the record of UEFA Cup wins (three)."

Yep bang average him. :rolleyes:

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You described him as one of the best managers in the world, period. The best of those trophies came in the mid 80s, so come off it pal.

To sum up my feelings on this thread before another pointless head banging debate comes up, Ward is a good signing for a mid to play-off potential Championship club. He has signed for a mid Championship to play-off potential club.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah...

Managerial honours[edit source | editbeta]
Juventus
Serie A (6): 1976–77, 1977–78, 1980–81, 1981–82, 1983–84, 1985–86
Coppa Italia (2): 1978–79, 1982–83
European Cup (1): 1984–85
UEFA Cup Winners' Cup (1): 1984
UEFA Cup (2): 1977, 1993
European Super Cup (1): 1984
Intercontinental Cup (1): 1985
Internazionale
Serie A (1): 1988–89
Supercoppa Italiana (1): 1989
UEFA Cup (1): 1991
Bayern Munich
Bundesliga (1): 1996–97
DFB-Pokal (1): 1997–98
DFB-Ligapokal (1): 1996–97
Benfica
Primeira Liga (1): 2004–05
Red Bull Salzburg
Austrian Bundesliga (1): 2006–07
Republic of Ireland
Nations Cup (1): 2011

"Alongside the German Udo Lattek, he is the only coach to have won all three major European club titles. Also, he is the only one to have won all UEFA club competitions and the World Club title, also having the record of UEFA Cup wins (three)."

Yep bang average him. :rolleyes:

Regardless of how good a manger is, his options for the Republic side are limited, hence Ward being picked, rather than the fact he is a wonderful full back.

Surrey Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You described him as one of the best managers in the world, period. The best of those trophies came in the mid 80s, so come off it pal.

Agreed.... at one time he was indeed one of the best but those days are long gone.

P

Paul76

That just goes to show how poor Ireland's team are in certain positions. All of their Lb's are turd.

He had the choice between runny Turd or good firm Turd for his choice of Lb.

Last edited by a moderator:

WestChiltingtonwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

What a strange way to argue.

To sum up my feelings on this thread before another pointless head banging debate comes up, Ward is a good signing for a mid to play-off potential Championship club. He has signed for a mid Championship to play-off potential club.

I haven't said anything different, and I agree. What position do you think he will play?

D

Dewsburywolf

That just goes to show how poor Ireland's team are in certain positions. All of their Lb's are turd.

He had the choice between runny Turd or good firm Turd for his choice of Lb.

Seamus Coleman plays left back for them now doesn't he? Even though he's right back at Everton?

M

Mr Wolf

Yet again some horrible comments on this thread about a good servant of the club. There's just no need for it. What did you want Ward to do? Hold his hands up & say don't pick me boss.

Back
Top Bottom