Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wardinho

P

procrastination wolf

Good luck wardy. Fantastic player and massively underrated. That goal at anfield will stay with me forever.

Thanks for the memories ( Ignore the numpties).

W

WasStefan

Good luck.

2 to go... The revolution continues. Viva La Jackett!

W

WasStefan

Good luck wardy. Fantastic player and massively underrated. That goal at anfield will stay with me forever.

How this bloke is still allowed to fish on this forum yet people like THM gets banned I'll never know

D

Dewsburywolf

Surely it should just be this

photoluminescent-glow-in-the-dark-fire-exit-signs_thumb_120.gif

Bearing in mind the relative lack of incomings

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good luck Wardy.

One of MM's best signings & while I always felt you were a striker, you did ok at left back & even made it to the WC playing in that position.

That goal against Liverpool was worth your transfer fee 50 times over & will live long in the memory.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I Just wonder with all these loan deals how much we are subsidising the wages. I doubt very much if the club they are all going to are paying a loan fee and all of the players wages.

O

Oldgoldwulf

Good luck Wardy... another integral member of our promotion winning squad... balls to the haters... all the best mate. Never hid, always gave his all... unfairly lumped in with O Hara and Johnson.

D

Deleted member 4309

Good luck Wardy... another integral member of our promotion winning squad... balls to the haters... all the best mate. Never hid, always gave his all... unfairly lumped in with O Hara and Johnson.

I think it was more to do with wages than attitude.

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

:D nice one, nearly thought you were serious for a minute.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good move for him and good luck to him.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

This coming from the poster who slags off Sako despite him being our best player last year and any signing that Solbakken made.
Hypocrisy or what!

M

Mugwump

Hope he does well, but it's a joke we are loaning our players. Why do no clubs want to take them in permanently?

Surrey Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope he does well, but it's a joke we are loaning our players. Why do no clubs want to take them in permanently?

High wages/FFP rules kicking in the championship... & maybe we want too much for them?

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I never saw him play a game where I thought he didn't give everything

The games over Christmas he like many others wasn't ***** in playing for SS. Not the worst player last season but a million miles from giving everything every game methinks. He wasn't himself last season, certainly not as committed as he previously had been in a Wolves shirt.

M

MK Panther

Good Luck Wardy, you were a sublime defender and a better attacking full-back than Ashley Cole or Leigh Baines. Well in my dreams you were!

M

Mugwump

High wages/FFP rules kicking in the championship... & maybe we want too much for them?

FFP has very little impact on us as most if our players exempt. Wouldn't surprise me if we are asking too much for them though. We need to offload and we should take a hit in the fees IMO.

M

Mugwump

Calls fans numpties who slag Ward off on here yet he is the one who is always slagging off the signings Solbakken made including Sako most recently.
Pot, kettle, black?!

While I agree with you, I just think he is hilarious. Such a hypocrite. I don't take him seriously.

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unlike a stocks and shares message board I have never felt the need to put anyone on ignore , tonight that has changed.

Surrey Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
FFP has very little impact on us as most if our players exempt. Wouldn't surprise me if we are asking too much for them though. We need to offload and we should take a hit in the fees IMO.

I was thinking of other teams not us

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They probably wont even come close to the top 10 this season so relax. Mid Champ is his level.

...and we are where, exactly?
One of the outcasts that I thought didn't deserve to be. Always gave 100%, chipped in with the odd goal and an assist or two. Signed as a striker but played everywhere he was asked and not a peep out of him in the media.
Good luck Wardy.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One of the outcasts that i thought didn't deserve to be. Always gave 100%, chipped in with the odd goal and an assist or two. Signed as a striker but played everywhere he was asked and not a peep out of him in the media.
Good luck wardy.

+1

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good luck Stephen!

Those were the days . . and Anfield was was definately one of them, probably our best away result in almost 30 years!

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One of the outcasts that I thought didn't deserve to be. Always gave 100%, chipped in with the odd goal and an assist or two. Signed as a striker but played everywhere he was asked and not a peep out of him in the media.
Good luck Wardy.

Point is he did need to be moved on.

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Decent signing considering what we paid and his first few seasons. Beggars belief we didnt go after somebody else when Van Damme got homesick though. He should have been upgraded a few years ago.

stuj4z

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Like Henry he stayed too long and became stale.
Good luck to him though, he was a good servant who never moaned once despite playing out of his natural position for about 90% of his Wolves career

M

MonkeySpanner

Good luck Wardy although I thought you were a better striker than left back.

Two to GO!

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Point is he did need to be moved on.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one. Most people are basing their reasoning on either the money that he's on or that we should have better players than him. On the first point, it's not his fault that as a result of his long service, that he got improved contracts. On the second, well we signed him when we were in the Championship and I don't think anyone could argue that he is a definitely all-round better player than when we signed him. Given our position, I don't think there is a better utility player outside of the Premier League. However, it's my understanding that he was asked if he would reduce his terms, which he politely refused, then he was an outcast. Which I think is a little unfair (see point 1)

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score

Doesn't matter though, does it?
As long as they're paying some part of their wages and aren't rotting in the reserves. If they perform, the interest from clubs will come.

If they're rotting in the reserves, we're still paying their wages, so let's hope someone else takes Johnson and O'Hara.

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Best of luck Wardy. I agree with the others that he should never have been lumped together with RJ and JOH.

It is a pity that he could not agree to reducing his wages and staying with us to fight our way back to the Championship although I can understand him not doing this bearing in mind he is now 28.

Under a coach like KJ I think Wardy would have proved a highly valuable squad member this season - still he has made his decision to move to Brighton on a year long loan so it's back to wishing him all the very best!

He always gave his best for us and deserves to be remembered with respect.

Back
Top Bottom