Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wardinho

P

Paul76

As usual, in your rush to abuse you miss the point. These are two players that a lot of posters on this board were hurling abuse at and wanted out. They have gone- but to teams playing in a division higher than Wolves, for whom they were not good enough apparently, according to some on here.
The comment from Reanswolf gives one some hope that there are fair and balanced people out there too.

They're both reasonable Championship players. Greg Halford was absolutely $$$$ for us. His attitude was questionable too. There is a reason why the fans hate his guts.

Stephen Ward played like a pub player last season. Like the rest of the wasters, he didn't play anywhere near his potential. A lot of them downed tools and let the club and their selves down to such a extent where our new manager demoted them to the kids squad.

He has the talent for the Championship. He just chose to be unprofessional and stopped doing his job properly last season for whatever reasons.

What does that say about Stephen Ward?

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They're both reasonable Championship players. Greg Halford was absolutely $$$$ for us. His attitude was questionable too. There is a reason why the fans hate his guts.

Stephen Ward played like a pub player last season. Like the rest of the wasters, he didn't play anywhere near his potential. A lot of them downed tools and let the club and their selves down to such a extent where our new manager demoted them to the kids squad.

He has the talent for the Championship. He just chose to be unprofessional and stopped doing his job properly last season for whatever reasons.

What does that say about Stephen Ward?

Personally I think that is hugely inaccurate. Ward, despite playing out of his depth as a left back in the PL has remained a good pro throughout his time at Wolves.

P

Paul76

Personally I think that is hugely inaccurate. Ward, despite playing out of his depth as a left back in the PL has remained a good pro throughout his time at Wolves.

He played like a Donkey last year to the extent of being completely dropped from the first team.

What happened to him? Unmotivated, lost his hunger or confidence. Why was he demoted to the under 21's?

Now like other players, they leave and start playing to their full potential.

A

andyc225

2 donkeys out of 4 have been given the push. Rather than lamenting Ward's departure, why not celebrate the fact that we now have a left back who doesn't come complete with a reversing alarm?

blaenboy

Reaction score
He played like a Donkey last year to the extent of being completely dropped from the first team.

What happened to him? Unmotivated, lost his hunger or confidence. Why was he demoted to the under 21's?

Now like other players, they leave and start playing to their full potential.

I don't think players deliberately play badly.It is not in their natures or even in their best interests. Our management was a shambles last year and so was the team. Few players shone at any stage. Ward started the year well, but his game suffered as we plunged down the table- as did the games of most of our players. Fans turned on players and their form suffered even more. It was a dispirited, leaderless bunch that it was hard for anyone to shine in. I don't think the effort was lacking, but direction and strategy, leadership and motivation were all poor.

blaenboy

Reaction score
2 donkeys out of 4 have been given the push. Rather than lamenting Ward's departure, why not celebrate the fact that we now have a left back who doesn't come complete with a reversing alarm?

I think the "Just does not shut up" description under your name is about right. Usual bile.

P

Paul76

I don't think players deliberately play badly.It is not in their natures or even in their best interests. Our management was a shambles last year and so was the team. Few players shone at any stage. Ward started the year well, but his game suffered as we plunged down the table- as did the games of most of our players. Fans turned on players and their form suffered even more. It was a dispirited, leaderless bunch that it was hard for anyone to shine in. I don't think the effort was lacking, but direction and strategy, leadership and motivation were all poor.

A good post and I cannot argue with any of that. The one thing that bugs me, if Stephen Ward is so professional why wasn't he given a second chance like Stearman and Foley?

I wouldn't imagine that Ward was on big money. He would have done a good job at Lb at this particular level. He was completely bombed out though with the likes of O' Hara and Rodge.

I find this strange.

E

Elephant Pyjamas

Because he was seen as somebody that could be made a scapegoat by M&M. They've managed to successfully shift the blame from themselves to Rog, JOH, Henry and Ward, they've made out as though it's KJ's decision and they've also managed to reduce our wage bill. Impressive.

There is far more anger directed at those four players than at Moxey and Morgan for the last 2 years yet the latter two are far, far more culpable.

D

Dewsburywolf

Ward was vice captain last season (shared it withDoyle) & of course one of the the other "outcasts" was Henry. The rot supposedly set in when Johnson (another outcast) was made captain, then there`s O`Hara

E

Essex Wolf

Ward relieved to escape Wolves

Can understand his desire to play and don't blame him for the move but thought this comment "and maybe certain things could have been dealt with better, in terms of the service I had given the club," was a pee take.

Maybe I'm missing something but wasn't he getting well paid to play football and in all honesty wasn't that good at what he done many games.

C

Cassady

Cannot remember this player although I here he scored a goal for us once against Liverpool.

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score

Can understand his desire to play and don't blame him for the move but thought this comment "and maybe certain things could have been dealt with better, in terms of the service I had given the club," was a pee take.

Maybe I'm missing something but wasn't he getting well paid to play football and in all honesty wasn't that good at what he done many games.

If you feel like that, then $$$$ off Ward. Hope you don't come back.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score

I think if people read the whole article they will see it as saying he was sad to leave, but happy to get a fresh start as he clearly wasn't wanted. He obviously felt that given his long time at the club (and the fact that he has always done his limited best) he deserved better than to pushed into training with the kids. Some might disagree and it was clearly effective, but the over all flavour of the article is fine.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't see anything wrong in the article. While you can question Wards ability as LB or even as LW I never saw or heard of a problem with attitude or commitment.
He clearly enjoyed his time at Wolves (mostly) and seems a bit puzzled as to why he was frozen out.
As was commented on here his banishment was definitely stranger than the others.

clifs

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Because he was seen as somebody that could be made a scapegoat by M&M. They've managed to successfully shift the blame from themselves to Rog, JOH, Henry and Ward, they've made out as though it's KJ's decision and they've also managed to reduce our wage bill. Impressive.

There is far more anger directed at those four players than at Moxey and Morgan for the last 2 years yet the latter two are far, far more culpable.

I agree with this entirely. The rot set in when Morgan went into the dressing room. After that it was one disastrous decision after another. Now he's getting rid of anyone who might cost him money. If only he had put some money in we wouldn't be in this position.

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Forget the writers headline, read what Wardy actually said ffs!

Too many tabloid sky sports types knocking around here

Reaction score
He's absolutely right, he gave his all whenever asked to play, despite his playing time 95% of the time not being in his favoured position, so can see why he's a bit aggrieved at being made to play with the kids and forced out.
You don't know what goes on behind closed doors in terms of a disruptive force, but he doesn't seem the type to be an issue really

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
rightly or wrongly played through injuries a few times too.

H

Hatch End

He didn't try for Staale plus he never appeared to take Saunders seriously. He was a generally dodgy left-back in the Greed League and Chump anyway.

Overpaid by Mad Mick for his level of ability ( or lack of it ).

I'm glad he's gone!

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My stance on this is very simply. Was good under Mick, that is it - just good. But not very good since.

I don't want him back, it is irrelevant of how good he may or may not be, he is part of that side so hopefully this loan leads to a permanent deal.

Waggy's Boots

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems like a fair and balanced article by a bloke who has given us good service. Good luck to him - let's hope he plays well enough for them to command a decent feet the end of next season!

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't have a problem with the article, just telling it like it happened, and obviously sad to be leaving Wolves.

Good luck for the future Wardy.

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The most shocking performance I've ever seen at Wolves was Home against Peterborough, Sub at half time, Remember saying this group of players are playing to get Stale sacked.
Ward and the 'others (Foley,Henry,Berra,Johnson,EBanks) were so shocking it still makes me mad, added with that joke Pennant...
He helped get a manager sacked simple !!! And conned 1000's fans paying to watch a game of football.

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The most shocking performance I've ever seen at Wolves was Home against Peterborough, Sub at half time, Remember saying this group of players are playing to get Stale sacked.
Ward and the 'others (Foley,Henry,Berra,Johnson,EBanks) were so shocking it still makes me mad, added with that joke Pennant...
He helped get a manager sacked simple !!! And conned 1000's fans paying to watch a game of football.

Amen.

Played a central role in one of the most shameful episodes in Wolves' long history, whilst being paid a fortune. If you cant do the time, dont do the crime, Stephen.

RJs Tankard

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Crap left back.

Always wandering out of position. Always backing off. Can't remember the last time I actually saw him go at a player to put a tackle in?

Another player that stayed 2 or 3 years longer than he should have.

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Stale's poor managerial performance got him sacked. If you can't communicate/motivate players you are not a capable manager. It was not in the interests of any of our players not to try. All players want to play at the highest level possible.

RJs Tankard

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Stale's poor managerial performance got him sacked. If you can't communicate/motivate players you are not a capable manager. It was not in the interests of any of our players not to try. All players want to play at the highest level possible.

Wrong thread? :confused:

Back
Top Bottom