Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wardinho

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Joined Brighton on a season long loan according to Tim Nash.

Seasider

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Joined Brighton on a season long loan according to Tim Nash.

Yup...on twitter now:

Tim Nash‏@TimNash_star
#Wolves longest serving player Stephen Ward has joined Brighton on a season-long loan.

D

Deleted member 4309

Another one gone. I wonder if he has signed as a defender or a striker.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
What a great move for him. Decent footballer so should fit into their style of play pretty well.

Best of luck Wardy.

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good luck Wardy , a decent fella ..

No one wants the drunk or the drama queen ?

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yup...on twitter now:

Tim Nash‏@TimNash_star
#Wolves longest serving player Stephen Ward has joined Brighton on a season-long loan.

I assume he means longest serving outfield player as Hennessey and Ikeme have been here longer

S

Smithy

Good luck to him, he's a decent player and trier, I think people just got absolutely sick of having a makeshift left back for 3 years or so. Not his fault.
Still think he looks like the evil bad guy in a Disney film though.

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shame it's a loan deal again.

If we're not promoted this season we will have a world of pain to deal with when the loan deals run out.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yea good move for Wardy, a player whose always given his best. Best of luck to him.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good luck to him. Glad to see the back of him though although I am absolutely gobsmacked McCarthy didn't sign him.

What kind of deal do you think we would have secured wage wise? I cant imagine Brighton will be paying full whack if he is on the wage speculated?

S

Sandwell Wolf

Good enough for one of the best teams in the Championship but was never good enough for us apparently...

Good luck to him, one of my favourite players of recent years. Always gave 100% for the Wolves unlike many others and was one of our better players despite the experts scapegoating him at every available opportunity.

Hope Brighton get promoted with him.

HICKO

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope you do well Wardy, you always seemed a decent sort to me ............ But then again what do I know I'm. an old codger.

mikic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good luck to him. Not his fault he was always picked and always gave his all.

Oh lord, stephen ward

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If true will be interesting to see where they play him. I thought he got progressively worse at LB. In his early games there he learnt rapidly but after a few good games at the start of PL3 he started backing off more and more to the point where I'd have picked Elokobi ahead of him and he is a woeful player.

At least he always gave 100% even if latterly it was graft over craft. I wish him well.

Last edited by a moderator:

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good enough for one of the best teams in the Championship but was never good enough for us apparently...

Good luck to him, one of my favourite players of recent years. Always gave 100% for the Wolves unlike many others and was one of our better players despite the experts scapegoating him at every available opportunity.

They probably wont even come close to the top 10 this season so relax. Mid Champ is his level.

DawleyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
good luck to him indeed, there was some mighty good times, albeit a couple of years ago at least

SingYourHeartsOut

"Inglorious"
Reaction score
Good luck to him. Shame he got lumped in with JoH and RJ as I never saw him play a game where I thought he didn't give everything - even if it was sometimes running backwards flat out. The game he played 45 minutes at Bolton in centre mid is one of the most clueless performances I have ever seen, but he always did his best to do what his managers wanted.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Inglorious"
Reaction score
If true will be interesting to see where they play him. I thought he got progressively worse at LB. In his early games there he learnt rapidly but after a few good games at the start of PL3 he started backing off more and more to the point where I'd have picked Elokobi ahead of him and he is a woeful player.

At least he always gave 100% even if latterly it was graft over craft. I wish him well.

I think progressively worse is harsh. He really missed Jarvis last year as he wanted to overlap but knew he would get caught out of position. Jarvo used to work so hard on that wing.

B

Bankswolf II

Good move for both parties, not many championship teams have buckets of cash to throw around so good chance to get him off the wage bill with the chance of it being a permanent signing should he do well

Johnson and Ohara must be feeling cosy right now

T

thewiseone

Good luck. Was a trier but eventually gave up. Will never forget one of the matches when he was captain clueless.

O

OldWolvesfart

One of our better all round players who,at 28, needs this move to give him a chance to regain confidence even though he may be a utility bench man for Brighton.

J

johnybig32

Tarred with an incorrect brush. Shouldn't have been outcasted with the others IMO.

All the best. Could come back to us next year.

C

Camberley_Wolf

i wish him all the best, he needs a fresh challenge (even if just for a season)

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Time to go.

Any chance of letting us have Dunk as has been rumoured?

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Agreed!

B

bridgnorthwolf

Tarred with an incorrect brush. Shouldn't have been outcasted with the others IMO.

More to that one than meets the eye...

Don't think Brighton will be in the promotion mix this season, their forward momentum has been slowing quickly.

Shame it's only a loan, would rather offload the previous generation for good, but not a major issue for a player worth £500k tops.

J

johnybig32

More to that one than meets the eye...

Don't think Brighton will be in the promotion mix this season, their forward momentum has been slowing quickly.

Shame it's only a loan, would rather offload the previous generation for good, but not a major issue for a player worth £500k tops.

Enlighten me then...

Chungster

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another relegation on the cv. Career suicide. At least he's off our payroll for the time being.

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let the good news continue...
Another dross deadweight gone.
But not his fault he was shoe horned into a place Mick thought he was the best at the club..

Last edited by a moderator:
W

Wolfrev

2 down, Henry & Ward; 2 to go, Johnson and O'Hara.

Did a good job for a time, but got found out at left back. I hope Brighton are paying all of his wages.

MrJamez

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Never rated him, shame it wasn't a permanent.

Nonetheless, wish him all the best and always gave 100%.

Hsvwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks like we should have one of these fitted at the Mol

images

Back
Top Bottom