Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Villa…

T

TheConcourse

Jimenez > Ings
Neto > Bailey
Trincao > Buendia
Neves > Luis/McGinn
Boly > Mings
Semedo > Cash
RAN > Targett

Villa have spent an absolute fortune on bang average middle of the road Premier League players. They’ve improved their squad, but their starting 11? I’m not so sure.

They’ve essentially switched Grealish with Buendia and added Bailey & Ings. Decent signings, don’t get me wrong, but I’m not sure any of those players walk into our 11.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jimenez > Ings
Neto > Bailey
Trincao > Buendia
Neves > Luis/McGinn
Boly > Mings
Semedo > Cash
RAN > Targett

Villa have spent an absolute fortune on bang average middle of the road Premier League players. They’ve improved their squad, but their starting 11? I’m not so sure.

They’ve essentially switched Grealish with Buendia and added Bailey & Ings. Decent signings, don’t get me wrong, but I’m not sure any of those players walk into our 11.
Bang average player that comfortably finished above us.... Hope they don't sign any decent players then....

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jimenez > Ings
Neto > Bailey
Trincao > Buendia
Neves > Luis/McGinn
Boly > Mings
Semedo > Cash
RAN > Targett

Good post. No they don't walk into the 11, but they improve the subs bench for sure.

T

TheConcourse

Bang average player that comfortably finished above us.... Hope they don't sign any decent players then....
I don’t understand? Villa finished above us, yes, but their signings didn’t.

They’ve just lost their talisman.

If they’d kept Grealish and added Bailey, Buendia and Ings I’d be impressed - they didn’t.

SuziQ

Reaction score
Will Grealish even pass his medical with him having shin splints?

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jimenez > Ings
Neto > Bailey
Trincao > Buendia
Neves > Luis/McGinn
Boly > Mings
Semedo > Cash
RAN > Targett

Not saying I disagree with you on this one but Ings has scored more than Raul over the period they've been in the same division.
Bailey's stats are far superior to Neto from the Bundesliga.
Trincao is coming off one good season in his career?
Neves is probably better than those two, but those two are better than the rest we've got.
Mings and Boly there's not much in it now.
Cash had a far better season than Semedo when they've been in the league at the same time.
Ait-Nouri isn't better than Targett now, he won't even start the season for us.

It's unquestionable that they have better depth as well.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not saying I disagree with you on this one but Ings has scored more than Raul over the period they've been in the same division.
Neves is probably better than those two, but those two are better than the rest we've got.
Cash had a far better season than Semedo when they've been in the league at the same time.

Booooooo!

T

TheConcourse

Danny Ings is made of glass.
:sunglasses:

Boooooooo. Just agree with me

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jimenez > Ings
Neto > Bailey
Trincao > Buendia
Neves > Luis/McGinn
Boly > Mings
Semedo > Cash
RAN > Targett

Saved me typing pretty much the same!! People have such a biased view of our players.

T

TheConcourse

Saved me typing pretty much the same!! People have such a biased view of our players.
By people you mean me. Say it, go on, say it ;)

Still disagree though.. the talk is that they’ve created this chasm and now overtaken us. Highly disagree on that front. Felt like a lot of their players were maxed out last season.. ours were generally poor.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If they hadn't got promoted they were in the **** and not likely to have got the new owners, why I and others were desperate for them to fail, were always a far bigger threat than the ****.
You and me both mate.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Marcal marks him well they have a smashing time?:eek:
Piecing them back together could be a mix up. Bit like that scene in the 60s Batman movie when they bring the world leaders back from a powder form.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t understand? Villa finished above us, yes, but their signings didn’t.

They’ve just lost their talisman.

If they’d kept Grealish and added Bailey, Buendia and Ings I’d be impressed - they didn’t.
4 of the ones you mentioned were there all season.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
By people you mean me. Say it, go on, say it ;)

Still disagree though.. the talk is that they’ve created this chasm and now overtaken us. Highly disagree on that front. Felt like a lot of their players were maxed out last season.. ours were generally poor.
Time will tell.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Losing him is going to **** them over new signings or not.

I don’t think they’ll go down and they won’t bother the top teams either.

Good signings on paper though.

D

Deleted member 9202LYK

Or do people have a rose tinted view of other teams players? The vast majority of our squad have finished 7th in this League twice. Their players haven't even managed top half!
Our manager also finished 7th twice and we sacked him!

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jimenez > Ings
Neto > Bailey
Trincao < Buendia
Neves = Luis/McGinn
Boly < Mings
Semedo = Cash
RAN < Targett

Edited.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do think they'll be pushing for Europe this year.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone would think Villa have signed world beaters
The panic from some posters isvryy amusing
World beaters is a bit of a stretch, but I do think at this current moment they do have a better squad than we do.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
World beaters is a bit of a stretch, but I do think at this current moment they do have a better squad than we do.
That’s been said about a good few clubs on here! Fulham the year they were relegated being the stand out example!

Back
Top Bottom