Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Villa…

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That’s been said about a good few clubs on here! Fulham the year they were relegated being the stand out example!

Difference is Villa have signed players with proven PL experience.

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Not going to lie. The fact they've signed Ings is extremely irritating.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You can't deny that they have acted quickly and decisively.
Yes, but it’s been on the cards what Grealish would leave for a year or more. I’d assume they would have created a list of replacements and once negotiations got serious, moved to secure one of their targets. I’m pretty sure many of the players we are linked with are similar - targets in the event one of our key players moves.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Genuinely not ***** by Ings signing. Buendia and Bailey more impressive imo.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wonder how they’ll manage to break even to comply with UEFA ffp?
It seems like they couldn't give a **** about FFP to be honest. Not sure if that's reckless or genius!

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That’s been said about a good few clubs on here! Fulham the year they were relegated being the stand out example!
Well the way I see it is they probably have a better GK than us (unless Sa turns out to be the messiah), they certainly have a better defence than us as they actually have defenders and midfield and attack is debatable. Perhaps we have better individual players e.g. Neves, Traore and Raul, but they have much more depth in those areas who are all of a very decent standard e.g McGinn, Bailey, Sanson, Watkins, Buendia, Traore and Ings.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I mean aside from by far their best player, who they had relegation form without is quite the caveat
Yes but look who they've replaced him with. Ings got 12 goals in 29 last season (bordering a 1 in 2 average) and also over 20 the season prior, Buendia was excellent for a very poor Norwich side the last time they were in the PL and Bailey i know little about but by all accounts is an excellent signing judging by what people are saying about him.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Yes but look who they've replaced him with. Ings got 12 goals in 29 last season (bordering a 1 in 2 average) and also over 20 the season prior, Buendia was excellent for a very poor Norwich side the last time they were in the PL and Bailey i know little about but by all accounts is an excellent signing judging by what people are saying about him.
Yeah, they'll need to replicate Grealish production and his incredible dribbling ability to even get back to those levels though before they even think about improving

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People can say what they want but Ings is a class signing, I’m gutted they’ve got money to spend like this. We really seem to be stumbling into the nee season, I wanted a Tarkowski by now

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well the way I see it is they probably have a better GK than us (unless Sa turns out to be the messiah), they certainly have a better defence than us as they actually have defenders and midfield and attack is debatable. Perhaps we have better individual players e.g. Neves, Traore and Raul, but they have much more depth in those areas who are all of a very decent standard e.g McGinn, Bailey, Sanson, Watkins, Buendia, Traore and Ings.
Our squad, when fit, finished 7th twice. Ahead of last season, we lost Jota and Doc and gained Neto and Semedo. Before Raul’s injury we were 4th despite not firing on all cylinders. After his injury we lost form and lost almost half our starting 11 by the end of January. Since then, Raul is back, we’ve swapped Rui for Sa, and we’re waiting for Neto and Jonny to recover. Villa by contrast have just sold their stand out player, who when injured last season, had as bad an impact on their form as when Raul was injured for us. Difference is, he’s not coming back. No disrespect to Villa but but I don’t pine for their squad which achieved the giddy heights of 11th largely on the back of Grealish when he was fit.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If im being brutal i could say same as jimenez. And we are putting a lot more reliance on jimenez.
Granted a head injury is different, has he been competing aerially in preseason? (havent watched any personally)
He was up at the back post meeting a Traore special against Stoke (and put it on target) and has resumed his usual spot defending the near post at corners.
So I’d say all good.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Big-spending owners who are ambitious.

Got some very good players now and probably a few more to arrive. I certainly think they'll win from this Grealish deal, who is hugely overpriced at £100m.

Expect them to finish above us again.
Course you do

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lets return to this thread firstly in a few weeks to see if we have actually added some players that can compare with Viles signings and then in a few months to see how both ourselves and Vile are doing. It could make interesting reading as a few seem almost dismissive of Vile and think they will struggle. As its stands I think they will do well and get between 6th and 8th and we will struggle.

I will be delighted to hold my hands up and say I was wrong as I hate Vile but just feel they will do well and we will struggle. Will others on here admit the same if Vile do do well despite what they have said on this thread?

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has nobody questioned how Watkins and Ings are going to play in the same team…as well as a number 10 Buendia…and also fit in a winger, Bailey…so a change of formation..? How about those who already played the wide roles..? I reckon it’s a recipe for disaster given their talisman is gone too.

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Smith‘s brummay accent has ****ed him up, he said ‘signings’ not… ‘sign.. Ings’

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People can say what they want but Ings is a class signing, I’m gutted they’ve got money to spend like this. We really seem to be stumbling into the nee season, I wanted a Tarkowski by now
‘Gutted they’ve got money to spend like this’.
They’re selling Grealish for £100m.
They probably knew he was gone when they bought Buendia. They’ve got plenty of change leftover, but they’ve still sold their best player by a country mile.

We could have had money to spend like that last summer….if we’d sold Raul for £70m.
Would you honestly envy that in the same way, having to replace your only arguably world-class player?
Or put another way, would you swap Jimenez for Ings and Buendia?
I could probably deem that acceptable, but I wouldn’t envy that kind of deal.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not saying I disagree with you on this one but Ings has scored more than Raul over the period they've been in the same division.
Bailey's stats are far superior to Neto from the Bundesliga.
Trincao is coming off one good season in his career?
Neves is probably better than those two, but those two are better than the rest we've got.
Mings and Boly there's not much in it now.
Cash had a far better season than Semedo when they've been in the league at the same time.
Ait-Nouri isn't better than Targett now, he won't even start the season for us.

It's unquestionable that they have better depth as well.

Ings is absolutley nowhere near the class of Raul. Your assessment is laughable. I'm sure you will be able to find fault with Ronaldo and Messi if we signed them and claim Villa players had better years.

Last edited:

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jimenez > Ings
Neto > Bailey
Trincao > Buendia
Neves > Luis/McGinn
Boly > Mings
Semedo > Cash
RAN > Targett

Villa have spent an absolute fortune on bang average middle of the road Premier League players. They’ve improved their squad, but their starting 11? I’m not so sure.

They’ve essentially switched Grealish with Buendia and added Bailey & Ings. Decent signings, don’t get me wrong, but I’m not sure any of those players walk into our 11.

Probably agree with most of them but Mings is better than Boly who is pretty overrated in my opinion and was a disaster last season even before injuries kicked in.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
‘Gutted they’ve got money to spend like this’.
They’re selling Grealish for £100m.
They probably knew he was gone when they bought Buendia. They’ve got plenty of change leftover, but they’ve still sold their best player by a country mile.

We could have had money to spend like that last summer….if we’d sold Raul for £70m.
Would you honestly envy that in the same way, having to replace your only arguably world-class player?
Or put another way, would you swap Jimenez for Ings and Buendia?
I could probably deem that acceptable, but I wouldn’t envy that kind of deal.
By the end of the window I will bet you they’ve spent more than the £100m

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Their first eleven is way, way weaker than last season. They were as close to a one man team as you can get.

Their squad however looks a fair bit stronger, especially up top.

Their primary transfer approach seems to be to overpay significantly on players with PL experience. The transfer outlays then make them appear to be super ambitious but when it reality they are just super loose with cash.

As things stand, would be gobsmacked if there are more than 4-5 points between us either way come next may.

Finally, they are not, never have been, and never will be, anymore of a rival to Wolves than Peterborough United.

Up the Wolves.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Makes me laugh how many of our fans can't even entertain the idea of discussing another club, let alone give a rival credit for some decent transfer business!!

We must only discuss how great Wolves are and off with the head of anyone who sins.

Back
Top Bottom