Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Villa…

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They are all blaming hause on villa talk.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The more I think about, Villa have got it bang on the money with the....NAH

Doh! I'd hoped it would embed. Just remembering the 3-2 with a fond smile. Best bit (apart from the obvious) is Jose Sa going mad when we score the equaliser

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pretty sure I heard on the radio that they are trying to sign Coutinho. Make of it what you will, but this would be such a typical Villa signing. Been off the boil for years. Will command massive wages. I know we moan about Fosun but I think I prefer the way we operate than throwing loads of dosh at has beens.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Avoid WM tonight - unless you record it and save for posterity.

"We can still reach Top 4"; "CL here we come"; "Do you know what happened in 1982?"

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pretty sure I heard on the radio that they are trying to sign Coutinho. Make of it what you will, but this would be such a typical Villa signing. Been off the boil for years. Will command massive wages. I know we moan about Fosun but I think I prefer the way we operate than throwing loads of dosh at has beens.
You think Coutinho is a has been ? give your head a wobble, he would walk into our team.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's a terrific footballer but hasnt set the world on fire. If he gets his liverpool form back thats a hell of a signing.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He couldn’t break down the wolves defence led by Richard stearman in his peak about 5 years ago.

And he’s not played much football since.

They love a big money signing villa and May well be very good, but seems to me they are targeting the wrong end of the pitch.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can see why they'd be excited but all the clips of his greatness are five or more years old.

Admittedly the best player on the pitch when I went to watch Barcelona vs Bilbao about four years ago, until Messi came off the bench at 1-0 down and got them out of a hole.

Suspect they won't be signing him permanently after his brief showing of quality disappears a month or so into his spell.

Lot of money, will sulk if he doesn't start, another addition to the team full of egos they're building. Exciting on the surface but it'll be interesting to see how they react when they don't win every week...

James Rodriguez to Everton repeat.

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So I guess he replaces the big money signing they made in the summer...another that hasn't worked out...they can't fit them all in and at his age and the wages paid I'd stay wll clear they never learn.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A loan for the remainder of the season and an option to buy isn't a bad deal. It's certainly not as bad as Everton getting James Rodriguez on a permanent deal with huge wages. I wonder how much of Coutinho's wages Villa will be paying? At least Coutinho will have to prove he is up for it. It'll add a bit of competition to league.

It'll be interesting to see if he plays with Buendia or whether he will replace him. Buendia seems to have been a bit moody this season when he hasn't played or been substituted.

fleck1

Reaction score
On loan with no obligation to buy, worth a punt. But the Coutinho who left Liverpool 3 or 4 years ago hasn't been seen since. The one that left Liverpool had his pick of European giants, this ones only real options were Villa or Newcastle which says a lot about where his career is at. It a free hit really for 6 months, only 65% of his wages

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He might rediscover his form but he’s hardly hit the heights since leaving Liverpool, spent a lot of time on Barcelona’s bench and then a lot of time on Bayern Munich’s bench. Liverpool used the money they got for selling him well and kicked on. It will be interesting to see his impact with lesser player around him. When Liverpool came second in the league in 2014 he was playing behind Suarez, Sturridge and Sterling who were all on fire.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Personally I think this is a great signing for them. I'm sure he will do well.

lmuwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Can see why they'd be excited but all the clips of his greatness are five or more years old.

Admittedly the best player on the pitch when I went to watch Barcelona vs Bilbao about four years ago, until Messi came off the bench at 1-0 down and got them out of a hole.

Suspect they won't be signing him permanently after his brief showing of quality disappears a month or so into his spell.

Lot of money, will sulk if he doesn't start, another addition to the team full of egos they're building. Exciting on the surface but it'll be interesting to see how they react when they don't win every week...

James Rodriguez to Everton repeat.

Exactly my thought.

There was all this buzz when Everton signed James from Real Madrid. He was good for the first 2/3 months then did nothing.

Now, Gerrard may get a good response from him, it may work out well and for the good of the league i hope it does.

But, I will question his desire and application.

Also, if he is that good, why weren't other team in for him apart from Villa?

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Get a player when they're on the negative slope of their career curve

Villa reverting to their mean I see

D

Deleted member yltz11841

Also, if he is that good, why weren't other team in for him apart from Villa?
I can answer this part, I think the reported £350k a week plus wages may have put a few off. If he’s on even £100k a week plenty more would of looked to have taken the gamble.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
From a potential risk/reward perspective, I think it’s a great signing for them.

If it goes well and he shows anything remotely like the form he is capable of, Villa get a genuinely top-class player and have the option to make that deal permanent in the Summer. If he does hit those heights, they will move at least 2 places up the table and the £5m wages will be already be covered. It’s also a bit of a ‘statement’ signing in the mould of a Robinho at City.

If it all goes tits up (and let’s hope it does), with it being an option rather than an obligation, they ‘just’ lose £5m.

Definitely worth the ‘risk’ in my book.

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From a potential risk/reward perspective, I think it’s a great signing for them.

If it goes well and he shows anything remotely like the form he is capable of, Villa get a genuinely top-class player and have the option to make that deal permanent in the Summer. If he does hit those heights, they will move at least 2 places up the table and the £5m wages will be already be covered. It’s also a bit of a ‘statement’ signing in the mould of a Robinho at City.

If it all goes tits up (and let’s hope it does), with it being an option rather than an obligation, they ‘just’ lose £5m.

Definitely worth the ‘risk’ in my book.
I wonder how the other villa players will feel about a player earning 150k more than them. His output better match that otherwise could easily end up with an unhappy dressing room

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He couldn’t break down the wolves defence led by Richard stearman in his peak about 5 years ago.

And he’s not played much football since.

They love a big money signing villa and May well be very good, but seems to me they are targeting the wrong end of the pitch.
Yeah agreed. I still think Bailey and Buendia are good (albeit overpriced) players and they will come into some real form. I also really really like their Traore. I rate him highly.

Villa need full backs, centre backs and midfielders. They're well stocked in the mercurial midfielder zone!

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t see a downside to this, as Tring says.

Small fee to pay really and he could click under Gerrard. They had a good relationship so can’t imagine lack of effort will be an issue. But if he isn’t good enough, which is possible, you don’t sign him. Can’t really complain at that.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought Barca haven't been playing him because any more appearances and goals would mean paying a load more money to Liverpool, and they're totally broke?

I don't think he's quite the broken figure people are making out. His time at Bayern was pretty good and he's shown flashes of greatness when he's been able to get on the pitch.

I'd be absolutely buzzing if we'd made this signing.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unreal signing. Imagine the boost in that dressing room when he walks in.

Tring Wolf

Reaction score
I wonder how the other villa players will feel about a player earning 150k more than them. His output better match that otherwise could easily end up with an unhappy dressing room

Don’t think it will be a problem given his pedigree and the clubs he has played for (in a similar way that I wouldn’t have expected our players to be upset when we signed Patricio and Moutinho).

And if they are, and/or his output doesn’t match the wages, they just send him back at the end of the season.

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t think it will be a problem given his pedigree and the clubs he has played for (in a similar way that I wouldn’t have expected our players to be upset when we signed Patricio and Moutinho).

And if they are, and/or his output doesn’t match the wages, they just send him back at the end of the season.
Both Patricio and Moutinho came in a did very well. That's where the risk is, if he doesn't do well or at least apply himself properly it can upset the apple cart.

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gotta love the Vile. Bought Ings when they had no idea of how to fit him in the team with Watkins. Now bringing in a player who again won't fit in their formation without changing the personnel around again. Definitely has the whiff of James Rodriguez about it this one. So Villaish...

Tring Wolf

Reaction score
Both Patricio and Moutinho came in a did very well. That's where the risk is, if he doesn't do well or at least apply himself properly it can upset the apple cart.

I don’t think it will but here’s hoping!

Back
Top Bottom