Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Unsung hero Saiss!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is Romain's debut on 17 September 2016 in a 2–0 win at Newcastle. Paul Lambert was in charge.
Our starting line up: Ikeme, Batth, CBJ, Doherty, Iorfa, Saiss, Edwards, Oniangue, Texeira, Costa, Bod.
Bench: Lonergan, Hause, Coady, Saville, Cavaleiro, Gladon, Mason.
Bloody hell, only him, Doc and Coady left...

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is Romain's debut on 17 September 2016 in a 2–0 win at Newcastle. Paul Lambert was in charge.
Our starting line up: Ikeme, Batth, CBJ, Doherty, Iorfa, Saiss, Edwards, Oniangue, Texeira, Costa, Bod.
Bench: Lonergan, Hause, Coady, Saville, Cavaleiro, Gladon, Mason.
No.. NO! NO!
Walter Zenga was in charge.
We had lost heavily to Barnsley prior to this game.
After Newcastle we were full of hope again. By October it had gone. And soon after so was Zenga.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 5910

Was my MOTM against Leicester. He's really grown into his role over the last few months- even cutting out giving away dangerous free kicks that had me tearing my hair out.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Possibly my favourite Wolves player out of this current team. Thought he was a real talent from the word go and have always been a big supporter. Lambert's treatment of him proved what a complete ******** that man is on a human level, quite apart from his inability to see Saiss's many footballing talents. I like comparing modern day Wolves players with those of my youth. Saiss is a 2020 version of the late 1950s Eddie Clamp -- hard as nails, good tackler just on the right side of legal (usually!), and can pick a pass and score the odd goal. Every team needs one, and he is ours!

DDPPwolf313

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
How many people would have had Saiss in as a first choice centre-back at the start of the season?!

He's been superb there.

I didn't even believe the chap would make the step up form the championship in all honesty. Really impressed with his dedication during periods on the sideline and his overall improvement again this year. Not to mention he seems like a really good lively character.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I didn't even believe the chap would make the step up form the championship in all honesty

I remember seeing him play at centre-back for the first half of a pre-season friendly at the start of last season, against Villerreal. It was such a car-crash that Nuno hooked him at half time.

At that point, I didn't see that he had a future here either. He has proved so many wrong.

I love how combative he is! There was a 50/50 with Pereira in the 2nd half and seeing Saiss going in, you just knew he was going to come out of it on top. He did.

Chisels_n_ommers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Also if you notice the fouls and bookings have started to reduce (hope I haven't put the mockers on it!).
Constant fouling can be a sign of someone on the ragged edge and above their level. Or trying too hard and being under pressure (to keep their place).
The reduction in fouls is a very good sign he's getting more comfortable all round

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
As one of the original appreciators of what he can deliver with a ‘new way’ he is an absolute and unmitigated success for us. For sure he has stepped up and delivered at the top level operating at his extreme – full credit.

Certainly he likes to riskily make his mark early and let opposition know he is all over them but to his credit he then goes on to control the resulting situation pretty well.

Has to date done better at this level than I thought he would do. Top marks.

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He really is part of the squad, seems very pally with Mouts in some of the video clips of training, seems pretty much the joker around the place with his imitations of Joaos run up :D, he has grown into the LCB role so much so that its allowed big Willy to switch to RCB and strengthen us on the other side of defence without spending a penny, he was very much the unsung hero but now he is getting noticed for things other than bookings, :D

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I had big doubts about this fella to start with. Boy, has he proved me wrong!

Mind you, Nuno and his management team seem to work wonders with most. Wonder if I could dig me boots out?

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolute steal
And Zenga would have kept us up easily. We did not need Lambert, we probably would have done even better. He held us back I believe.

Oh and yes, I am possibly taking the P.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And Zenga would have kept us up easily. We did not need Lambert, we probably would have done even better.

Oh and yes, I am possibly taking the P.
Debating the respective managerial abilities of Zenga and Lambert really does feel like two bald men arguing over a comb. While not quite Deanesque bad they were both ****!

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Saiss is an outstanding defensive midfielder. A very safe pair of hands with a nasty streak. But this season at centre half he's only had a couple of games where he's been ropey. A valuable player and we all know how much Nuno loves players who can fit different roles. Guaranteed a new contract offer, surely.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was simply superb again tonight. Won so many tackles, would not let anyone get past him, crucial interceptions like the headed clearance second half and on top of all that sprayed some Coady like passes, mixed in with some deft touches. What a player. Are you watching, are you watching, are you watching Britney Spears!

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a player! First Moroccan to win the Ballon d'or?? Only a matter of time! ;)

Back
Top Bottom