Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Unsung hero Saiss!

Poztin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At 29 years of age and 262 career appearances, he’s never had a straight red and only been sent off once (this season).

He knows when to push it and when to ease off. Clever player. Any fears of him getting sent off are completely misguided. Relax.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Also, had a real WOW moment yesterday thats worth calling out. About 5 mins or so before we scored, absolutely drilled a perfect pass 50 or 60 yards straight through the Villa midfield into Jota I think (could have been Neto) down the left, an absolutely searing pass, timed and placed to perfection and hit with confidence and accuracy

Got me out of my seat

Yep, drilled it along the floor to the inside left position. Marvellous pass, not dissimilar to the one Laporte did when we got semi-spanked away to Citeh.
Donk also hooked a lovely switch out to Jonny, back to goal, on his left foot.

That’s what you get with 3 midfielders at the back. The odd positional blunder, but much greater movement of the ball all the way through the field.

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wasn't convinced when he first signed but he's become a rock. I reckon part of that is due to a massive boost of confidence under Nuno.
Doc, Coady and Saiss were always the question marks for stepping up in the Prem. All three have delivered.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have long sung his praises,almost from day one you could see he was a good player,well everyone apart from some stupid Scot person
Yes he has a mean streak and needs to keep his tentacles under control more,but that just adds to his personna as some have said very rarely gets sent off,so knows when to ease off a little
He has a peach of a left foot,and can spot a pass from distance,useless with his right foot mind but i can forgive him that
I think most Wolves fans have got round to appreciate what he brings to the squad by now,and when he does leave he will be fondly remembered,hopefully not for a season or two yet

The Runner

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Manic88

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Becoming a bit of a cult hero in my eyes

He needs a song

All we need is a team of Romain Saiss
A team of Romain Saiss
A team of Romain Saiss

Saiss Saiss Baby - Vanilla Ice
As cold as Saiss - Foreigner
Wouldn't it be Saiss - Beach Boys
Here comes the Saiss - Small Faces

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Knew when he made his debut at Newcastle away under Zenga he was a cut above most of the other players we'd scrambled to sign that window. Protected the back 4 that day like his life depended on it. Why Lambert tried to freeze both him and Cav out I'll never know!

One of my favourite players tbh, absolutely love the bloke, the Morrocan King!

Seenitallayi

Groupie
Reaction score
Knew when he made his debut at Newcastle away under Zenga he was a cut above most of the other players we'd scrambled to sign that window. Protected the back 4 that day like his life depended on it. Why Lambert tried to freeze both him and Cav out I'll never know!

One of my favourite players tbh, absolutely love the bloke, the Morrocan King!
Totally agree. I also love it that he has a bit of a menacing look about him, 'you touch my mates you'll have me to deal with'.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Top player Saiss. As much as I panic when he gets a yellow, especially early, is it right that he's only been sent off once for us?

His performances since Nuno came in, shows how bad a decision it was by Lambert to not build that midfield around him at the time. Saiss now comfortably a member of a squad that's in Europe, while Lambers in what, League One? Night and day really the difference ay it.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have also seen some clips of him on the official site off the pitch and he seems a bit of a nutter ..in a good way....

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Saiss Saiss Baby - Vanilla Ice
As cold as Saiss - Foreigner
Wouldn't it be Saiss - Beach Boys
Here comes the Saiss - Small Faces

He's as cool as ice
Willing to sacrifice for love
Cared not for poor advice
So strong to make the grade

Now he's playing for gold
Gone all the way
A fortune in feelings
Knew someday it could pay

Just so cool is Saiss

Well someone had to give it a go. :)

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are you watching, erm I mean reading, are you reading, are you reading Britney Spears. Are you reading Britney Spears. "He only plays for Morocco" (don't you know) said the the former hack of the Express & Star. Dick head. Saiss has always been good. Was treated very harshly by Lamberk. We now have a manager who appreciates what he can do for the team.

J

JC14M5 Wolf

I'd upgrade him.
Some of his play is very poor, costly even.
Bench player for me at the very best.
Small squad, little choice IMO.

But hey, I'm no football manger, I support the shirt and whoever is lucky and privileged enough to wear it.

Queensland Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
I think that is a relevant point. His inadequacies do lead to his misdemeanours and because he is trying so hard.

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
One of my favourite players. That collision with Snodgrass was a bit too pleasing to see.

Very very good player!

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great squad player and excellent cover, very reliable defensively and offers a goal threat too, never complains when he’s back on the bench (well not as far as I know), just gets on and does his job.

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought he was excellent again last night albeit against a really poor West Ham forward line.

Considering we're playing 3 midfielders as our centre-backs they've all done brilliantly but Romain has been the pick of the bunch.

grumpy old wolf

Reaction score
Could easily have scored 2 last night , on top of a great defensive performance , underated player

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great attitude, adapterble, great club man. The defence have all done very well.

S

Staten Island Wolf

Love Saiss. Very good player who personifies the Wolves approach. Gives 100% and plays where the gaffer asks him to play.

D

Deleted at own request member 8370

Very underrated player and excellent for the squad with his versatility. No wonder Atletico Madrid wanted him last year!

Houston Lobo

Reaction score
I'm fully on the Saiss train.

Brings a much needed versatility with the cover at centre back, which I'm beginning to think it's actually his best position.

Goal threat from set-pieces, too. Could've had a couple last night.

Back
Top Bottom