Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Unsung hero Saiss!

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So much better in defence, Boly May have to bide his time to get in. Personally I don’t rate him in midfield but I know others do

DarloWolf

Reaction score
I'd upgrade him.
Some of his play is very poor, costly even.
Bench player for me at the very best.
Small squad, little choice IMO.

But hey, I'm no football manger, I support the shirt and whoever is lucky and privileged enough to wear it.

i love him , our attacking is very poor , hes a proper old school footballer

WolvTown

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He needs a song

All we need is a team of Romain Saiss
A team of Romain Saiss
A team of Romain Saiss
I've got a better one.. Queen Radio ga ga

All we need is (clap clap) Romain Sa - iss
(clap clap) Romain Sa - iss
All we hear is (clap clap) Romain Sa - iss
(clap clap) Romain its true..
That the Wanderers still love you

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've got a better one.. Queen Radio ga ga

All we need is (clap clap) Romain Sa - iss
All we hear is (clap clap) Romain Sa - iss
(clap clap) Romain its true..
That the Wanderers still love you
BOOM!!!

R

reanswolf

Has done supremely well, I thought he might get done for pace, but he reads the game so well.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep, unsung hero at the moment. Often seems at his best when the pressure is against us. Did well yesterday, even in the first half when the rest of the defence was really struggling. I think his experience and mentality is also a key part of our "never say die" attitude. Never panics, cool under pressure, keeps going till the end as we've seen many times. More than compensates for the fact that he's not the fastest and doesn't do the intricate foot work.

captain chaos

Groupie
Reaction score
Just to say that having Boly out for 3 months has been nowhere near as bad as expected. Must be a reason for it. I thinks it’s Saiss.
I must admit the form Boly was in pre injury I felt teams may have been looking at him once the transfer window opened.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Has been fantastic this season. Was really good in midfield in some of the early European games and has comfortably been our best defender since moving back there to cover Boly.

Probably been our 5th or 6th best player this season.

Raul, Adama, Rui, Neves, Moutinho, Saiss

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s filling the void well at the back but he’s also an outstanding central midfielder IMO. We always look really solid when he plays in that role.

Seeing videos online that Wolves put out he seems to be a really good character to have around as well. Always messing about with other players and making them laugh etc.

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has been fantastic this season. Was really good in midfield in some of the early European games and has comfortably been our best defender since moving back there to cover Boly.

Probably been our 5th or 6th best player this season.

Raul, Adama, Rui, Neves, Moutinho, Saiss

I think Saiss is the only one in the squad who could slot into Coady's role too.

Top player and a top bloke too. I took my eldest to Molineux to get her first 'proper' Wolves shirt and Romain was wandering across the car park outside the North Bank when we came out. He stopped to say hello to her and was asking what she had bought. When she showed him her Neves shirt he said 'No no, Saiss' and jokingly offered to take her back into the shop and get it swapped.

Whenever she see's him on the telly now she says she knows him. We love Saiss in our house.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He has been superb fair play to him for sticking around when he wasn't getting a game ,on current form I'd keep him in the side and play Boly on the right

Boly looks a bit lost on the right imho but right now I agree. Saiss has been absolutely fine at cb.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One thing for sure, he plays his heart out for Wolves. There's no doubting that. I've been a big fan of his from the time he joined. Treated awfully (in a Terry Thomas voice) by Lamberk, that scholar of German football. Britney also thought he was rubbish. Idiots.

DDPPwolf313

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I didn't rate Saiss in the championship season and thought he was a bit of a liability. I never imagined he would make the step up.

The way he has handled himself, and the attitude he carries is superb - always laughing and joking around the training ground. And the job he has done covering Boly is top draw. Proved me wrong on several occasions.

Nuno's done well to keep him interested and match ready when he could quite easily have pushed for a move to get more game time elsewhere.

D

Deleted member 4436

I remember watching him at Molineux when we played Brighton, it was the day Knockaert took the **** - think they won 2-0.

I remember feeling sorry for the guy. He was the only player we had that day who had the ability to lift his head up and play a forward pass. Dave Edwards left him to die in the middle of the pitch and he still tried to play.

Cracking player, and he’ll be absolutely vital to the squad next season.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

He's clearly really funny and well liked by the squad. The christmas message rap in French was great.

fleck1

Reaction score
Every squad needs a romain saiss or two, clearly popular among the squad, never gives less than 100%, spent a lot of time as a bit part player and sat on the bench yet never heard him moan. Slots in to defense or midfield without any fuss and just does his job, real honest pro and very underrated.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He also covered superbly well for Boly just after Christmas last season. Chipped in with a goal too. He's defo my favourite current Wolves player, even when he's benched! Every successful team needs a Romaine Saiss. He's up their with Rui, Raul, Neves, Traore, Boly and magic man Moutinho, as must keep over the next few years while we establish ourselves in the prem.

Barnet Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is Romain's debut on 17 September 2016 in a 2–0 win at Newcastle. Paul Lambert was in charge.
Our starting line up: Ikeme, Batth, CBJ, Doherty, Iorfa, Saiss, Edwards, Oniangue, Texeira, Costa, Bod.
Bench: Lonergan, Hause, Coady, Saville, Cavaleiro, Gladon, Mason.

Back
Top Bottom