Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Unsung hero Saiss!

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dendoncker is rightly getting praised for his performances at the back of late but feel Saiss deserves a shout out to!

Get's written off so much first we had the joke of Lambert not playing him, came back from that and played a massive role in midfield in our Championship winning season(unreal in that Boro away game!). Then wouldn't cut it in the premier league a lot thought, again proved people wrong! Even this summer was linked heavily with a move to Besiktas!

Watched him play in the ACON playing centre back and was one of the better players in the tournament glad he has shown that form for us in defense!

Very underrated player who is a big part of this squad feel at times doesn't get the credit he deserves...

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah, that's absolutely fair. Certainly unsung and deserves more credit for his time at Wolves and for the job he's doing for us now. Once his time is done with Wolves he will be remembered with great fondness I have no doubt, one I'd stand up and applaud in any capacity he came back to Molineux in.

He's the definitive squad player. When it comes to the perfect team when everyone's fit he's one that never makes the XI. But at the same time I never worry when he comes in, in either defence or midfield, and not only never lets us down but performs admirably

Only thing that makes me nervous is that I'm always relieved that he's still on the pitch every time he plays. Also the definitive card machine

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Agreed. Think I’m correct in saying that since he was moved to the back, we’ve conceded 5 goals in 7 games.

Absolutely perfect squad player to have. May not always be first choice but consistently comes in and does a really good job wherever he is asked to play. Also one of those players who makes other players look better around him.

Has repaid his transfer fee many times over.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Also, had a real WOW moment yesterday thats worth calling out. About 5 mins or so before we scored, absolutely drilled a perfect pass 50 or 60 yards straight through the Villa midfield into Jota I think (could have been Neto) down the left, an absolutely searing pass, timed and placed to perfection and hit with confidence and accuracy

Got me out of my seat

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Excellent player and servant to the club. What a fool Lambert was!

He and Donk have done magnificently in Boly's absence. Both are good defenders with a strong physical presence and can play it out from the back with penetrative passes. Not sure we need to sign a CB if they keep playing so well.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s a very important player for us. His versatility is extremely useful and his level of skill on the ball is incredibly high.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great post and spot on. Saiss has always been my fave. So much so, I was driven to call and had a convo with Britney Soears about how unfairly Lamberk and Spiers himself were treating Saiss! Good on Romaine!

Poztin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Moroccan Busquets. All good squads need a player like him.

D

Deleted member 3518

Agreed. Think I’m correct in saying that since he was moved to the back, we’ve conceded 5 goals in 7 games.

Absolutely perfect squad player to have. May not always be first choice but consistently comes in and does a really good job wherever he is asked to play. Also one of those players who makes other players look better around him.

Has repaid his transfer fee many times over.

This!!

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
A committed, talented and versatile player who humbly always gives his very best for the team whenever called on.

Anybody that didn't spot and value his worth from when he turned up don't know what they are looking at with football.

DEVIZESWOLVES

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Let’s not get too carried away, yes potentially a great player, but only ever 2 seconds from a silly card, of any colour.
Spent 80 minutes ****ting ourselves yesterday after another silly yellow early on, if he wasn’t committing stupid fouls then he really would be great.

Has_Talisca_Signed

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
4 of 5 times he has landed me cash. always put dolla on him getting a card, and the bookies offer odds of over 3-1 too. only time he let me down is when he went off with that injury, cant remember who against. keep the cards coming my boy !!

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
One of my favourite players.

Said it on another thread love how he pings balls along the ground to feet. Very accurate passing and just fits in seamlessly wherever he is asked to play.

Also if anyone fouls his team mates badly he never forgets...

Quality!!

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dendoncker is rightly getting praised for his performances at the back of late but feel Saiss deserves a shout out to!

Get's written off so much first we had the joke of Lambert not playing him, came back from that and played a massive role in midfield in our Championship winning season(unreal in that Boro away game!). Then wouldn't cut it in the premier league a lot thought, again proved people wrong! Even this summer was linked heavily with a move to Besiktas!

Watched him play in the ACON playing centre back and was one of the better players in the tournament glad he has shown that form for us in defense!

Very underrated player who is a big part of this squad feel at times doesn't get the credit he deserves...
I think doherty is even more underrated. No chant and an excellent player

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He is and has been a great signing by Zenga. The only one left I think from that 1st FOSUN season of buying everyone and anyone. Then amazingly spent most of the 2nd half of the season on the sidelines due to Paul ****ing Lambert. An unsung hero indeed.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Let’s not get too carried away, yes potentially a great player, but only ever 2 seconds from a silly card, of any colour.
Spent 80 minutes ****ting ourselves yesterday after another silly yellow early on, if he wasn’t committing stupid fouls then he really would be great.

Shouldn't be a concern really.

The few that understand the game and can evaluate level-relative performance know that he is operating at the extremes with what his natural talent and physical limitations allow.

I know for some it seems like with Traore Nuno has turned water into wine but if the same happened with Saiss now it really would require the Vatican to ratify it as a genuine miracle. :)...

DEVIZESWOLVES

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

The few that understand the game and can evaluate level-relative performance know that he is operating at the extremes with what his natural talent and physical limitations allow.

I know for some it seems like with Traore Nuno has turned water into wine but if the same happened with Saiss now it really would require the Vatican to ratify it as a genuine miracle. :)...

Shouldn't be a concern? Watching him steam after players with his tentacle like arms ready to cuddle his opponent into a foul, whilst already on a yellow, is very concerning mate :D

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Shouldn't be a concern? Watching him steam after players with his tentacle like arms ready to cuddle his opponent into a foul, whilst already on a yellow, is very concerning mate :D

You've missed the point totally....it's about getting carried away.

His limitations are the cause for this.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Inglorious"
Reaction score

Ha ha - what a great quote.
Do you mean he's not the quickest so sometimes he has to foul players?

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Always committed, always reliable and a more than decent footballer to boot. Regularly walks a tightrope with cards but he's very good at it! His only career sending off was for two fouls on Zaha earlier this season.

£2.7m was it? Bargain

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Also, had a real WOW moment yesterday thats worth calling out. About 5 mins or so before we scored, absolutely drilled a perfect pass 50 or 60 yards straight through the Villa midfield into Jota I think (could have been Neto) down the left, an absolutely searing pass, timed and placed to perfection and hit with confidence and accuracy

Got me out of my seat
Fabulous pass......when I saw him wallop it I thought is he crazy but then the camera tracked or caught up to the ball and we could see how smart Saiss was. Incredible.

Vicious Sid

Reaction score

Been sent off once.
A fantastic player for us.

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hardly think he is an unsung hero. He has a bit of a cult following and always gets high ratings regardless of whether he deserves them.

He is a great squad player, had a good game yesterday; but also had me worried for 80 minutes after picking up a yellow card early on. I think Moutinho and Jonny did well defensively to make sure Saiss was not isolated against a Villa attacker, as we all know he fouls in that situation.

Beer Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Yes...

But what have the Romaines ever done for us?

Last edited:

stever

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Matt Doherty needs a song. I was thinking to the tune of Daddy Cool. Sorry, thread killer

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
good player, scares the hell out of me with his fouling, yet rarely seems to cost us.

Olivergoldblack

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Trustworthy reliable player that can play several roles comfortably. Great player to have.
Yeah that Middlesbrough game was amazing. Thought he was mega in the West Ham home game last season too.

Back
Top Bottom