Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

U18 & U23 news and info...

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good to have Alfie Pond back as CB cover. He’s obviously not ready to start but having just Santi Bueno makes me nervous.
After his season in MLS I genuinely think we should keep Mosquera. At least till the summer. We're talking about 5th choice, but with 3atb there will be games. I'd prefer him over Pond

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can Pond & Griffiths go on loan to the NL?

Happy to be corrected, but I don't think so. Even Non League clubs (that aren't playing in a fully amateur competition) have to register players with the National Association if they want to play in organised competition, so presumably therefore also fall into the 3 club registration/can only play for two rule)

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After his season in MLS I genuinely think we should keep Mosquera. At least till the summer. We're talking about 5th choice, but with 3atb there will be games. I'd prefer him over Pond

Agreed but I think Yerson needs to now adjust to the UK style of play. A championship club loan would be excellent for his growth. I still think he should hang around with GON this January (including the Middle East trip) and then go out at the end of the month.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Happy to be corrected, but I don't think so. Even Non League clubs have to register players with the National Association if they want to play in organised competition, so presumably therefore also fall into the 3 club registration/can only play for two rule)
On a similar note: could Mosquera play for us in the cup then still go out on loan again?
ie dose his American loan count as the previous season, as that’s when it started! (I’m guessing not, but with leagues so un synchronised it isn’t clear).

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On a similar note: could Mosquera play for us in the cup then still go out on loan again?
ie dose his American loan count as the previous season, as that’s when it started! (I’m guessing not, but with leagues so un synchronised it isn’t clear).

There is exception in the rules for players who’ve played in associations that have overlapping seasons… so whilst I don’t know for sure, it’s possible

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It'll be interesting to see how these lads perform when they come back to the u21s.

Marques never hit the heights again when he came back to wolves, Jack Scott was the same.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If so Rochdale need players desperately

If allowed on the 2 club rule (not sure), both Harvey & Alfie would still qualify for youth loans and therefore can be signed at any point outside the windows (small limitations - ie before end of March), so we could keep them for u21s/FA Cup and then once out of the cup, they could potentially join Louie Moulden at Rochdale.

Based on my uneducated interpretation of the rules

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Good move for Owen. He’s been doing well at U21 level for a while now and at least now he can go and play some more competitive football. I’m surprised we don’t loan more players to Kidderminster, we use their ground for our U21 games and last time I heard their manager was a big Wolves fan.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He will, or certainly should, get game time playing against grown up blokes.

Not to be sniffed at, and frankly, if he doesn't do well at that level....

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good move for Owen. He’s been doing well at U21 level for a while now and at least now he can go and play some more competitive football. I’m surprised we don’t loan more players to Kidderminster, we use their ground for our U21 games and last time I heard their manager was a big Wolves fan.
i think it’s a great move. More physical and competitive with players literally playing to provide.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You’d think he might be able to do a bit higher than the National League.

He plays a similar role to Noha Lemina. Wonder if this is making some room for him?

The move will primarily be for Owen.... he's having his best season in a Wolves shirt and has already scored more goals already this season than any entire season previously. Makes sense for him to step out into the big wide world and try his hand at senior football.

Will it make room for Noha, of course, but it also opens up the door for those below too.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good move for Hesketh but the only concern is that Kiddy are rock bottom of the National League so are clearly low on confidence. Hopefully this has a positive impact on the team as it could be detrimental for a young player to be dropped in to a changing room with a losing mentality.

But, as Davis says, they can keep more of an eye on him this way.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good move for Hesketh but the only concern is that Kiddy are rock bottom of the National League so are clearly low on confidence. Hopefully this has a positive impact on the team as it could be detrimental for a young player to be dropped in to a changing room with a losing mentality.

But, as Davis says, they can keep more of an eye on him this way.

different experience..... all part of the Wolves way of doing things. I wouldn't worry too much, the loan players are looked after, he has a good family around him and its local. Fundamentally, its a great experience for him.

On a related note - its (potentially), Moulden (Rochdale) vs Hesketh (Kiddy) on Saturday

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How many goals is that for Angel this season? Always seems to be on the score sheet.

Back
Top Bottom