Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

U18 & U23 news and info...

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well done lads on some cracking pens by the sounds of it. I wonder where the final will be?

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Issue is, even if we get promoted we'll come back down again because the players carrying the squad won't be playing in it next year

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tyler roberts and nathan fraser will be there. If you buy a raffle ticket you might win a prize. These two lads will shoot on sight.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Issue is, even if we get promoted we'll come back down again because the players carrying the squad won't be playing in it next year
I know we crashed and burned last time we were in PL1 but if I remember rightly we started ok but we lost Jordao, Shabani and Ennis to injury and Kilmann joined the first team squad.

My question is having not watched much U23s and none in PL1 is PL1 of a significant higher standard? And if so does it benefit players staying? would the likes of Cundle, Mosquera etc develop quicker in PL1 than perhaps going out to Championship or League 1. I know it’s not first team football but some 2nd/U23 leagues may be better than another Mens 1st team league. I know that no u23 team has progressed that far in the lower league trophy which may answer that question.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know we crashed and burned last time we were in PL1 but if I remember rightly we started ok but we lost Jordao, Shabani and Ennis to injury and Kilmann joined the first team squad.

My question is having not watched much U23s and none in PL1 is PL1 of a significant higher standard? And if so does it benefit players staying? would the likes of Cundle, Mosquera etc develop quicker in PL1 than perhaps going out to Championship or League 1. I know it’s not first team football but some 2nd/U23 leagues may be better than another Mens 1st team league. I know that no u23 team has progressed that far in the lower league trophy which may answer that question.
Yes, this was my question and concern about promotion. We do seem to have a lot of promising young talent at the moment and I understand there are changes in the number we are going to be allowed to loan out. I also suspect that some of the loans we have made / can make might be less suitable than others. We do seem to have seen that connection between the youth and first team squad developing in recent times. Will this survive any first team re-build?

Back
Top Bottom