Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

U18 & U23 news and info...

MontyR

Reaction score
Time to start pinging from 30 yards since the keeper won’t be able to see a thing

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I feel for whoever is on camera duty!

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To start that poorly and then to show what we're capable of in the 2nd half raises questions for me

Ernie the Wolf

Reaction score
I feel for whoever is on camera duty!
It’s obvious they are both too good for this level
I think Bruno Jordao will become the central/attacking midfielder we need. Good runner with the ball, good vision and can make excellent passes , two footed and has a decent shot on him. Think he will only get better under Lage’s training and development.

MotorWoden

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well that was intereting!

A combination of rustiness, difficult conditions and, honestly, a lack of effort in the first half did not look good. Burnley pressed us in our own half and we just stood off them when they had it in theirs. Campbell and Samuels in particular needed to step it up.
But we were better in the second. Jordao showed a few moments of quality. Campbell improved. Cundle, Hodnett, Lembiska and Bueno kept going, depsite things often not quiet coming off for them.
Marques looked like a player who hadnt really played for three months, but that will do him some good. Hoever also needed some game time and apart from a couple of comedy tackles, one of which should have lead to a penalty, looked quite good.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really great goal from jordao, the type of
movement off the ball, run into the box and finish we don’t have in the midfield currently so hopefully can become a great option off the bench for the rest of the campaign.
Then get a good pre-season in under Nuno
and who knows.

Exciting times with Cundle and Jordao at the minute, really hoping Shabani can come back
Too because he has real talent and was highly thought of when we signed him in Germany.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To start that poorly and then to show what we're capable of in the 2nd half raises questions for me

The first half was borderline shambles. Second half a lot better. God knows what some of them were doing in the first half as it was dreadful at times. Samuels looks done here to me. He looked disinterested. Need to be playing some of the u18's and promoting them now although appreciate they were involved in a big game on Saturday. The likes of Fraser, Roberts, Farmer need to be playing ahead of Samuels in the second part of this season.

Campbell still has a lot to learn and needs a loan move to the right club.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I noticed that Jordao has really beefed up as well. A lot stronger physically now than he was when he first joined us. He must stay here until the summer if we dont get any more central midfield options in before the window closes.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I noticed that Jordao has really beefed up as well. A lot stronger physically now than he was when he first joined us. He must stay here until the summer if we dont get any more central midfield options in before the window closes.
Beefed up it may be but in that first half they were more like lambs to the slaughter..

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really great goal from jordao, the type of
movement off the ball, run into the box and finish we don’t have in the midfield currently so hopefully can become a great option off the bench for the rest of the campaign.
Then get a good pre-season in under Nuno
You must try to get over it...............Nuno dont live here any more!!!! :D

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's a good sign, make him stronger for the demands of the PL.

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think that first half was an example that its no good having ability if you are not prepared to put in the hard work that enables that ability to come through, one without the other is not enough you only need watch the United first team to see how true that is, without naming names a couple of our youngsters need to take that on board they seem to have stalled in there development.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Meant Bruno, bloody predictive on phone… especially when we were told Nuno didn’t watch the kids…. DOH
I know mate. Some of the mistakes that happen on this site I think may it more fun. That's why I make so many myself. ;)

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Highlights from the U18 cup win over Palace. For the pens, pretty much every one of our players seems to hate their keeper lol, any idea what went on there?!

dnf14

Reaction score

Highlights from the U18 cup win over Palace. For the pens, pretty much every one of our players seems to hate their keeper lol, any idea what went on there?!
Guessing he fancied himself a bit of an Emi Martinez and spent the shootout mouthing off at our lads.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

genuinely no idea unless he was giving verbals. Another possibility was he featured on the bench in the u23s playoff we lost to Palace last season, maybe there was some over exuberant celebrations back then by him - clutching at straws

Last edited:

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I think its fair to say our players thought the palace u18 keeper was a bit of a **** for whatever reason.

Back
Top Bottom