Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Tommy Doyle

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Must admit after the first couple of times seeing him, thought he was gunna be a squad filler at best but he's much more than that. This run in the team has done wonders for him. Also while he's not especially quick, he's not dog slow either, in fact he's pretty athletic.
We're in great shape for CM with Lemina, Gomes and Doyle, Bouba for fresh legs coming off the bench too.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Must admit after the first couple of times seeing him, thought he was gunna be a squad filler at best but he's much more than that. This run in the team has done wonders for him. Also while he's not especially quick, he's not dog slow either, in fact he's pretty athletic.
We're in great shape for CM with Lemina, Gomes and Doyle, Bouba for fresh legs coming off the bench too.
Pretty much my feelings on him, first few times I was a bit meh and didn’t think he had the legs for it but he actually gets round the pitch well.

Think defensively he’s great. While not like Lemina and Gomes with big tackles, he’s like neves where positioning is brilliant and he picks up a lot of interceptions with it

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He was also very good at giving the ball away and he could do that for the full 90!
He'll never carry the ball like Nunes does, but he's a far better passer and happy to get stuck into the defensive side of things, we got the better side of that swap plus a load of cash.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
He'll never carry the ball like Nunes does, but he's a far better passer and happy to get stuck into the defensive side of things, we got the better side of that swap plus a load of cash.
Yes, I used to love watching Nunes pick the ball up deep and run half the length of the pitch with it, absolute thing of beauty once every couple of games.

luiandlui

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Nunes was great at turning players and gliding forward with the ball. Probably as good as Cunha. I was always amazed, for such a highly rated midfielder, at how bad he was at passing, even pretty basic stuff.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't mean to say I told you so... but I did tell you all so. ;)

The biggest issue with Doyle is that we needdddddddd to run 4 at the back to fit in all 3 midfielders. They're just so ****ing good, that we need them on the pitch. But you can't do that with Dawson and Kilman. Need Mosquera to excel in Spain and then become a starter here so we've got a speedy CB to cover. Toti is fast enough, but I don't think he's good enough to play in a 2.

Semedo - Kilman - FAST CB - RAN
Lemina - Doyle - Gomes
Sarabia - Cunha - Hwang​

Yes please. And that assumes no other incomings.

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a player! He just gets better each week. He is so classy and a cool head on the ball but is a feisty lad and was clearly loving it.

I'm a big fan of Joao Gomes but he is going to have to work hard to get himself back in the starting 11.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought he was superb first half. A couple of misplaced passes second, but my MotM for sure. Stood up to be counted when Gomes , Lemina and Bouba left us short in midfield for various reasons.
And they told us McAtee was the better of the two. :D

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Class again. Just keeps things ticking over nicely and is looking fitter and faster with the more games he plays.

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Think it's as good as done although we won't activate till as late as possible (rightly so) but 5 million is a steal, he is very much like Ruben in his play.

I though Joao would be a shoe in against united however he has got some work to do now to displace and of Doyle or Lamina.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Baffles me that he's only 22. He plays football like he's playing a round of golf, he's got every club in his bag! Have Man City got any other youngsters that Pep doesn't care about? Kabore and McAtee would be nice!

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A key reason why we're scoring more goals and a better side in general is:

Lemina >
Gomes >
Doyle >

Neves <
Moutinho <
Nunes <

Whilst there were individual moments of brilliance, the midfield between 2021-23 was holding us back massively.

SilverstoneWolf

Reaction score
A key reason why we're scoring more goals and a better side in general is:

Lemina >
Gomes >
Doyle >

Neves <
Moutinho <
Nunes <

Whilst there were individual moments of brilliance, the midfield between 2021-23 was holding us back massively.
Appreciate the enthusiasm, but that rather disrespectful to Neves & Moutinho! What those 2 did for SEVERAL years was stunning. Let’s hope Doyle & Co continue for several years….

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Appreciate the enthusiasm, but that rather disrespectful to Neves & Moutinho! What those 2 did for SEVERAL years was stunning. Let’s hope Doyle & Co continue for several years….

Nothing disrespectful at all. I referenced their moments of brilliance, but in general I just don't think in the last 2 years their strengths complimented what we needed in the majority of games.

Back
Top Bottom