Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Tommy Doyle

Houston Lobo

Reaction score
Deserves his own thread.

Comparable players.

Where he’d fit into our set-up.

All of this YouTube highlights.

Pics of him holding up the shirt.

Know yerselves out!!

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know that both of his granddads were city players back in the day. That's about it.

Seemed to have a good loan last year. Hopefully more of an impact from him than Ki-Jana Hoever (not slating him tbf) speaking of similar circumstances. But Doyle is cheaper and Jota a lot more of a miss than he who must not be named is.

UEAwolf

Reaction score
A brief look at the Sheff Utd forum - seems that their fans would prefer to sign McAtee over Doyle...

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A brief look at the Sheff Utd forum - seems that their fans would prefer to sign McAtee over Doyle...
That’s because McAtee is an attacking midfielder and gets the goals and assists, tbf. Always going to be craved by fans more. They’re very complimentary of Doyle too from what I’ve seen. Sounds like he is a “box to box” midfielder with lots of energy and good passing range.

Zosothethird

Reaction score
Interesting.

Do we know much about them as players? How do they compare? How would they fit into our team?

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's decent but given the profile of our other central midfielders in Lemina, Gomes, Traore, Hodge, it makes little sense to me. Very similar apart from Doyle has the dead ball/long shot in his locker in addition to getting stuck in.

For me he'd be third in that pecking order as things stand, so perhaps makes our squad slightly stronger. Not sure on the loan deadline rules but maybe Hodge will go once he's recovered from injury if the rules allow.

If I had to make a prediction it would be that he'll be OK but if we stay up we'd look to move him on in the summer for £10m which will get us our £5m back after the other half goes to City. But he adds to the squad this season while we're short overall (albeit not at centre mid).

With the youngsters that can apparently be prized away from Man City this summer one way or another, out of Doyle, McAtee, Palmer and THB, we're getting the one they're most happy to sell and with the lowest ceiling.

Obviously he could come in and be absolutely brilliant so let's hope that's what happens :)

Last edited:

Polish Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
From various youtube highlights he looks like an intelligent, tidy midfielder, with a good ability on the ball and an eye for a good pass. Apparently has got a good shot on him and can score from a free kick. Not a ball carrier though... Wonder if and how we're going to replace Nunes' ability in that matter.

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
From various youtube highlights he looks like an intelligent, tidy midfielder, with a good ability on the ball and an eye for a good pass. Apparently has got a good shot on him and can score from a free kick. Not a ball carrier though... Wonder if and how we're going to replace Nunes' ability in that matter.
Think that's what Enso is for from what I've seen.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doyle will replace Hodge as 4th in the pecking order I reckon......think it was always the plan to probably loan Hodge out.....which may unfortunately be curtailed by injury....
Yes that’s the way I see it too. Not a Nunes replacement by any means, might be great in a couple of years time, but for now will likely provide depth behind Lemina, Gomes and Bouba in the pecking order.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do not know anything about Tommy Doyle, but it does feel like we are getting the least promising prospect out of the McAtee/Palmer/Doyle trio.
Chelsea are bidding 40 odd million for Palmer ......if they lose him I think Mcatee will stay at city and not go out on loan...

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do not know anything about Tommy Doyle, but it does feel like we are getting the least promising prospect out of the McAtee/Palmer/Doyle trio.
That's probably the best statement to sum up our current transfer strategy .

Least promising prospects . A little like Gary O'Neil a least promising manager ( just my opinion )

It is like some people shopping at Next for clothing where as we have a £5 gift card for Pep and Co at Poundland.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He's the worse one but still a premier league prospect. City was never going to let Palmer go unless it was a loan. Same with McAtee but I hoped we could convince them

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Has far more England U21 caps than McAtee, but at the end of the day he is a CM not an ACM which England have loads.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the best way to describe the type of player he is,

If Alex Scott is like Nunes

Tommy Doyle is like Neves.

Not saying he's going to be as good. But he's that midfielder that's got a really good passing range, can hit a ball from distance and looks to progress the ball up the pitch with passes rather then running with it.

In terms of position, he can play in the two or in a 433 as one of the box to box midfielders.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the best way to describe the type of player he is,

If Alex Scott is like Nunes

Tommy Doyle is like Neves.

Not saying he's going to be as good. But he's that midfielder that's got a really good passing range, can hit a ball from distance and looks to progress the ball up the pitch with passes rather then running with it.

In terms of position, he can play in the two or in a 433 as one of the box to box midfielders.

So someone that may spot the runs that Silva makes but have often gone ignored.
Like the sound of that

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So someone that may spot the runs that Silva makes but have often gone ignored.
Like the sound of that

I wouldn't say he's going to be making passes like that because of the position on the pitch he'll be most of the game. But he's got a lovely weight of pass. I expect him to do some good long balls to the flanks, hopefully behind the oppression for Neto or sombody to run onto.

But he did get some assists from corners last season.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
city aren't stupid. if he was good enough pep would have kept him but i am sure he is OK

Back
Top Bottom