Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Tommy Doyle

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Christ.

Let’s not go overboard
We beat the immortal baggers cloud 9

Doyle v West Brom :
62/74 accurate passes
84% pass accuracy
1 chance created
87 touches
8 passes into final third
7 accurate long balls
2 interceptions

Tom Doyle woah
Tom Doyle woah
He came from Man City
He smashed the baggys

Last edited:

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought he was superb first half. A couple of misplaced passes second, but my MotM for sure. Stood up to be counted when Gomes , Lemina and Bouba left us short in midfield for various reasons.
And they told us McAtee was the better of the two. :D
Tbf McAtee would look pretty good in our side too. Maybe next year.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kept us ticking in the middle of the park throughout the game.

Can’t believe that I actually saw him give the ball away just once in 90 minutes.

He has to stay in the starting 11 when our Pitbull returns on Thursday.

Tommy, Lemina and Pitbull have to play as a 3 if Gary can tweak the system.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A key reason why we're scoring more goals and a better side in general is:

Lemina >
Gomes >
Doyle >

Neves <
Moutinho <
Nunes <

Whilst there were individual moments of brilliance, the midfield between 2021-23 was holding us back massively.
I think there's more to it than that, I think it's the team set up that's better. How many times previously did people lament, we don't have enough players attacking the box, maybe one or two?
These days you can see 3 or 4 players in the box, much harder to defend, hence more goals.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely brilliant again today, Gomes is gonna struggle to get his place back

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just hope the deal is watertight enough that City don’t have an option to not sell. They won’t want him but could wriggle out of the £5m price tag and sell elsewhere for more. Surely it’s a done deal if we choose it to be. ??

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just hope the deal is watertight enough that City don’t have an option to not sell. They won’t want him but could wriggle out of the £5m price tag and sell elsewhere for more. Surely it’s a done deal if we choose it to be. ??

They can’t sell unless we chose not take up the option.

It has a few weeks after the season finishes to ensure it goes onto next seasons financials.

Was part of the deal negotiations for Nunes and also they have a good chunk of the sale if/when he leaves us.

So it is possibly in their best interests for us to have him grow for a few more seasons and his value grows even more then we sell and they more money from the sell on.

Olivergoldblack

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Great today. He's a tough kid, seemed to be getting roughed up at times but won a lot of battles and stayed composed. Seems to be getting better and better each game. Be interesting if he plays against man u, noticed today they leave loads of massive holes in the centre of midfield to exploit......

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Great today. He's a tough kid, seemed to be getting roughed up at times but won a lot of battles and stayed composed. Seems to be getting better and better each game. Be interesting if he plays against man u, noticed today they leave loads of massive holes in the centre of midfield to exploit......
Their midfield isn't good.

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let’s compare Doyle stats to Neves at the end of the season. I think I know the next KDB when I see one. Tommy Doyle ay it

His stats will be totally different, and he's playing the game 20 yrds further up the pitch. Lots more short passes to both left and right, more shots and more attacking passes.
It's is so underrated just to have a busy player who keeps the ball moving, he's like an engine and kept us ticking under the early onslaught. For 5 million it's a no brainer, he's a step up and we have nobody else who plays like that.
Albions tactics were great for the first 20 minutes, they were rigid with a defensive line of 5 and 4 pretty close together and they invited us to try and play through them, hence the balls over the top to try and catch them out. Ultimately, they could not keep it up and we won pretty easily.

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I absolutely love this lad. What a bloody bargain. He just gets it, too. Proper footballer. Gimme gimme gimme a ginger from City, his name is Tommy Doyle and he plays for the Wolves!

Love it !

dewolfman

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Doyle
Lemina
Gomes
Cunha
Neto

Should work right? With 5 at the back, Neto playing more central. Ati nouri back in, it’s a strong team.

Rowzed

Reaction score
He could have sat on the bench for most of the last month, but Lemina’s loss and Jõao’s suspension has given him the run of games he needed. During that time we have also been without one of either Neto or Hwang and yet the team has not lost a match. Out of Darkness etc

Snorbans Wolf

Reaction score
Not sure, would be harsh, but feel like we might need Gomes's tackling and mobility more than Doyle's passing on Thursday. Or maybe we get them both in. Trust Gary to work it out.
GON knows better than me but I’d go 5-3-2 and play Joao Gomes - Doyle - Lemina behind Neto and Cunha, bringing Ait Nouri back for Doc.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure, would be harsh, but feel like we might need Gomes's tackling and mobility more than Doyle's passing on Thursday. Or maybe we get them both in. Trust Gary to work it out.

Man Utd defensively look like they are ripe for the picking for cunha and Neto running in behind or even playing the ball into spaces to force their defenders to make decisions about where they stand and go, so I think Doyle is a good player to have start.

Let alone how their midfield looks like it can be played around with clever movement and passing moves.

Also we need to control the ball a bit better with a range of passes and someone who can create their own space or find the pockets of space, to get the ball which I think he is actually the best in the squad at.

Gomes is looking like he is best off the bench to close the game out for this next game.

Not a slight, but shows how well Doyle is playing and you don’t drop a player in form

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That Joao Gomes red card has really kicked Tommy’s Wolves career into gear. Very good again today, has a bit of personality about him on the pitch and looks great long-term value at £5m.

Love Joao but he has a real fight on now to win his shirt back.
Loved his smiling at the West Brom fans as he celebrated with Neto. Nothing phases him at all.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doyle
Lemina
Gomes
Cunha
Neto

Should work right? With 5 at the back, Neto playing more central. Ati nouri back in, it’s a strong team.
Agree with that Doyle shouldn't be dropped but fresh legs Gomes should start ....we are short up top so it's the best solution

Back
Top Bottom