Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Tommy Doyle

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In football £5 million is nothing these days , Get him signed ASAP
But there's no point if it effects your FFP
situation or figures for this season ...the reason we pushed it off till next year's accounts in the first place .....signing Doyle now could also stop you signing someone in January...

It's unfortunate for him but its also completely pointless doing it early ....

Signing Doyle and not having to leeway with FFP to bring a forward in, in January would be beyond daft..

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems to be mixed messages with regards to his loan. Some reports say option to buy, others say obligation. Also, reason he’s so cheap is Man City have a 50% sell on.

Guess we will find out in January which it is.

Rowzed

Reaction score
But there's no point if it effects your FFP
situation or figures for this season ...the reason we pushed it off till next year's accounts in the first place .....signing Doyle now could also stop you signing someone in January...

It's unfortunate for him but its also completely pointless doing it early ....

Signing Doyle and not having to leeway with FFP to bring a forward in, in January would be beyond daft..
Unless it allows you another loanee

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As good as he was yesterday he doesn't seem to relish a tackle. Pulled out of several yesterday but his overall play was excellent.
He was excellent yesterday. It’s funny, when the ball is there to be won, I always hope the players will throw themselves into the challenge full blooded and full of determination.

I think though that most players of Doyle’s age lack commitment in the tackle at times as they are very young playing against strong, experienced grown men (the brilliant Joao Gomes is some exception). It’s something I think can be forgiven a little when the rest of his game is as good as it is.

The worst shirker for a tackle/challenge I’ve seen in the last few years was Guedes/Trincao. Give me a choice between Doyle and the other two and I know who I’d prefer to have in the team.

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There's a big gap in the pass map between the center circle and the D; can anyone account for that?

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was excellent yesterday. It’s funny, when the ball is there to be won, I always hope the players will throw themselves into the challenge full blooded and full of determination.

I think though that most players of Doyle’s age lack commitment in the tackle at times as they are very young playing against strong, experienced grown men (the brilliant Joao Gomes is some exception). It’s something I think can be forgiven a little when the rest of his game is as good as it is.

The worst shirker for a tackle/challenge I’ve seen in the last few years was Guedes/Trincao. Give me a choice between Doyle and the other two and I know who I’d prefer to have in the team.

I agree. TBF Nunes and Dendonker didnt like a tackle either

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Think he might also be trying to avoid a card.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He then went and knocked a player out. What a thunderbolt of a strike he's got!!!!!

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only played a bit part this season but has already contributed more than Nunes did. Just goes to show, you don't need to spend a fortune to find quality, not to mention the importance of the mental side of the game (ie commitment and attitude), not just all about the technical side!

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
yes you were my friend, I called GON a PE teacher so we are one all there haha
Huh? You hitting the drugs a bit early today?

I was one of the few who were telling people that Doyle was incredible when he was coming in. Nowhere have I said he's League 1 caliber. Not even close.

I have said that Bobba is not good. Maybe you're confused.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Huh? You hitting the drugs a bit early today?

I was one of the few who were telling people that Doyle was incredible when he was coming in. Nowhere have I said he's League 1 caliber. Not even close.

I have said that Bobba is not good. Maybe you're confused.
Ah my apologies. No drugs, ever.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Definitely gonna lessen the blow from the Gomes ban. Gomes may even come back from his ban on the bench if Tommy carries on like this
Give Lemina and Doyle a couple of games together and I don't think he's getting back in.

Back
Top Bottom