Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Tommy Doyle

Rowzed

Reaction score
Played 100+ minutes today, not sure he misplaced a single pass, always available.
He may not have the mobility of Lemina or Gomes but he’s a pretty handy back up to play the ball out from deep. Can’t count the number of little triangles he played to get the ball upfield with Ait Nouri, Semedo and Gomes.

Munro Munro

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Played 100+ minutes today, not sure he misplaced a single pass, always available.
He may not have the mobility of Lemina or Gomes but he’s a pretty handy back up to play the ball out from deep. Can’t count the number of little triangles he played to get the ball upfield with Ait Nouri, Semedo and Gomes.
Exactly for me this was the difference, he took up great positions always knew before he got the ball what he would do with it, its football intelligence at this level that makes the difference.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Had me doubts about him , which was mainly based around physicality.....but he was excellent today....he had very big boots to fill but he did that very well.....all things considered I would probably say he was man of the match ...

Last edited:

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t know about the MOM chat but he was quite solid today.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
5’8” and 5’9” in CM today. I thought we’d struggle against a Dyche team but they both just passed in rings around them. Football won the day.
Absolutely, whenever the ball was in the air we struggled, but once it was on the grass we were totally dominant.

Greeno

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Excellent, no doubt.

Helped that Doucoure and Gueye were missing, though.

Well played Tommy!

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not the most agile but a good ball player. Won't work every week but great as both backup and an option. Be madness not to sign him if £5m.

GuzzWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
An option for just £5 Million, is something I am sure Gary will be seriously considering to tie up soon.

What a tidy player to have on loan and all we need is a screamer from him, knowing he is capable!
Tomorrow hopefully.

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Not impressed by him in his last couple of games but tbf he was played out of position. Was a bit concerned about him coming in for Mario today but the lad did well. He did bottle a couple of 50/50 challenges in the first half but got better as the game went on. Added some control in midfield and pinged a good few passes about.
He's a decent 3rd or 4th choice midfield option for the money and can get better yet.
Also thought Traore did well when he came on, raw as f### but powerful and athletic, worth persevering with imo.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I called for Traore to replace Lemina. GON thought differently and was proven right with Doyle. Best game in a Wolves' shirt for sure, although I guess it's easier when everyone around you is playing well and schooling the opposition. Continue like yesterday and the £5m or so he will cost will be a no-brainer and he will give GON a huge headache in selection.
TBF to me, Traore had a decent cameo as well when he came on. :D

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As good as he was yesterday he doesn't seem to relish a tackle. Pulled out of several yesterday but his overall play was excellent.

Timberrrr

Reaction score
Proper footballer. One step ahead so never gets tackled.these players are out there. Been brought up training with world class players, it's gotta rub off right?and £5mill?........he's worth £20 now

Rowzed

Reaction score
As good as he was yesterday he doesn't seem to relish a tackle. Pulled out of several yesterday but his overall play was excellent.
I thought this too, which is uncharacteristic, but he missed the start of the season following a block tackle which injured his MCL so perhaps a bit cautious until future tied up.

It’s easy to forget he’s still on trial and needing to prove himself. I saw Joe Hodge looking out wistfully from the bench yesterday who Tommy will know very well. Joe will need to be heading out on loan soon to revive his career, but at a lower level. It’s easy to slip down the ladder on a stupid injury.

Tommy needs the reward of a contract, his City academy deal means he has some security, but not much

Last edited:

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One of the MOM contenders yesterday, for me. His use of the ball was fantastic; controlled the tempo when needed, always available as an option from the defence and didn’t play over enthusiastic passes from positions where the passes weren’t on. He recycled the ball brilliantly and just kept us ticking, letting the athletic and dynamic players do the attacking.

Hopefully he can carry on from this. I wouldn’t be against starting him in the cup against Brentford, personally.

Back
Top Bottom