Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Today's Games 2022-23.

Polish Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It’s the failings/inconsistency of Chelsea, Tottenham, Liverpool, Yanited that are making the league not as strong. Every season for the last few years, it’s looked as though at least 3 English teams were in with a genuine shot at the champions league.
This year that’s only ever really been one.
Arsenal have stepped up from nowhere to replace Liverpool as that one team capable of giving Citeh a scare, but the ‘top 6’ overall haven’t been as dominant.
Which is one of the reasons there hasn’t been so much of an ‘on the beach’ mid-table pack, and the tighter, nobody truly adrift relegation battle.
More even points distribution throughout, with even the runaway top 2 not amassing anywhere near as many points as the Liverpool/Citeh near 100 point chases.
I hope this trends continues as it makes a much more interesting league and a genuine hope of breaking into the top 6.

T

TheConcourse

This isn't new, if you're well drilled then you're likely to have a season where you finish above 3 other teams.

As for Bournemouth, well they aren't dreadful defensively then, are they? If a team has decent shape as you admit then I'm not sure how you can make that statement, under O'Neill anyway.

Villa have a good squad and a top coach to boot which makes a difference. The quality of the league is as good as ever, it's just very competitive.
They’ve conceded the most goals in the league, and before the Liverpool game gets mentioned - take it out - they’ve still got the 3rd worst record.

O’Neil has been more pragmatic, made them solid (shape) and a largely harder to beat. They’re still poor defensively.

Not really sure what point you’re trying to make tbh. The Villa squad is largely on par with ours IMO. The biggest difference being a goalscorer.

The net points difference post World Cup is probably +10 in Villa’s favour, with Watkins scoring for 6 games in a row. That’s the difference right now between us and fifth over the course of a season.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was brilliant but also, just shoulder charge him into touch, or at least foul him in a ‘coming together’ type way and risk the pen. They pretty much got out of his way and put up a flashing neon ‘Welcome Isak’ sign

Shocking defending from the snood haters.
Yeah surprised by how many people are saying it’s genius from Isak rather than awful from Everton.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I shudder at the thought of buying from relegated teams after Johnson and O Hara, but should we have a look this season if Southampton and Everton drop? We have to be honest about our budget and it would be good to have another option other than Mendes?
I am sure JLo has his ideas .
Me too, it's too much like a tactic of the dreaded Moxey....." we're going to do an Everton..."
Just **** right off!

Achilles Last Stand

Reaction score
That's very topical. Who are you? Austin Powers? And you've just thawed out to tell us about the 50's?

The good news is you've missed a lot of Wolves ****. The bad news, we've won next to **** all while you were frozen.
I do actually/unfortunately live in the post-Trump era :), ...but as I yesterday evening immediately remebered that Kurt Hamrin goal from 1958, which is probably still the most famous goal ever scored in Sweden, I just thought I'd bring it up as it was almost identical to yesterdays goal.
Hamrin was more skillful obviously, as he managed to score the goal without utilizing an opposing players **** to get it goalbound...
N.B. I tried to add that link from youtube to the thread, but unfortunately it was too complicated for me...

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do actually/unfortunately live in the post-Trump era :), ...but as I yesterday evening immediately remebered that Kurt Hamrin goal from 1958, which is probably still the most famous goal ever scored in Sweden, I just thought I'd bring it up as it was almost identical to yesterdays goal.
Hamrin was more skillful obviously, as he managed to score the goal without utilizing an opposing players **** to get it goalbound...
N.B. I tried to add that link from youtube to the thread, but unfortunately it was too complicated for me...
You're Swedish? That makes your recounting of that goal far less peculiar lol.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They’ve conceded the most goals in the league, and before the Liverpool game gets mentioned - take it out - they’ve still got the 3rd worst record.

O’Neil has been more pragmatic, made them solid (shape) and a largely harder to beat. They’re still poor defensively.

Not really sure what point you’re trying to make tbh. The Villa squad is largely on par with ours IMO. The biggest difference being a goalscorer.

The net points difference post World Cup is probably +10 in Villa’s favour, with Watkins scoring for 6 games in a row. That’s the difference right now between us and fifth over the course of a season.
"The biggest difference being a goalscorer" is a pretty significant factor. Not to mention the fact they create a lot more chances than we do, probably down to the fact they have better forward players in general.

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dave Edwards saying that’s a clear penalty as soon as there’s contact (pretty clearly diving for it) but said the other day Toti went down too easily when he was wiped out by Raya. Ok Dave

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
1-1 and here comes the start of the weekend luck for the ****

Last edited:

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have a soft spot for Blackpool having spent a lot of time there each year at Easter ... sad to see them go down but there is a silver lining I guess. Albion have to win both their games to stand a half chance of getting the last spot if it ends 3-2 to Millwall.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The commentator said that if Blackpool lose, they are relegated. They will be 3 points behind Huddersfield in 21st place, so surely they will still have a chance of staying up.

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The commentator said that if Blackpool lose, they are relegated. They will be 3 points behind Huddersfield, so surely they will still have a chance of staying up.
Goal difference is 6 .... but Huddersfield have 3 games left to play and if they lose each one, that goal difference could swing partic.if Blackpool win their last game as they would need to.

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
Why are Blackpool playing with 10 after the injury. Have they used all their 5 subs?

Back
Top Bottom