Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Today’s Games 2023-2024

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With that Everton win normal bottom three service has resumed.

Doesn’t really matter how bad we are this season Luton, Sheff Utd and Burnley are the gifts that keep giving.
It’s a fun year for open football but this will serve as a caution against a lack of caution for promoted sides next season. Fun to see these try but it’s a reminder that you can’t go toe-to-toe v PL sides and concede 2+ goals per game because scoring 2+ yourself is reeeeeeeally difficult for a promoted side, no matter what got you promoted.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
It’s a fun year for open football but this will serve as a caution against a lack of caution for promoted sides next season. Fun to see these try but it’s a reminder that you can’t go toe-to-toe v PL sides and concede 2+ goals per game because scoring 2+ yourself is reeeeeeeally difficult for a promoted side, no matter what got you promoted.
Probably also a reality check for the media who cover the Championship. All we heard last season was how Burnley were the best promoted side ever, they were gonna take the league by storm etc.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
I realise every dog has his day and accept Newcastle have injuries but Spurs looked impressive on that form .Pace,power,movement and finishing .Compared to them we look ponderous

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I realise every dog has his day and accept Newcastle have injuries but Spurs looked impressive on that form .Pace,power,movement and finishing .Compared to them we look ponderous
I’d love to know how on earth GON thinks we will score when we play the pathetic slow football we play

Can he not see we are so much better when we play much more direct and get players moving

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have no real pace in the team apart from a few players. We have a lot of work to do to start seriously competing for a top seven place but, given that most Wolves fans feared a relegation battle this season, at least we’ll still be in the PL next season.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looking at Chelsea in the table tonight can you imagine if Wolves were only the 3rd best side in the Wolverhampton area? It's really lucky QPR are not in the top flight as Chelsea may then have been only the 4th best side in West London?!

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looking at Chelsea in the table tonight can you imagine if Wolves were only the 3rd best side in the Wolverhampton area? It's really lucky QPR are not in the top flight as Chelsea may then have been only the 4th best side in West London?!
And given the money they (Chelsea) have spent as well!

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d love to know how on earth GON thinks we will score when we play the pathetic slow football we play

Can he not see we are so much better when we play much more direct and get players moving
Yesterday brought back memories of one of the worst aspects of the past 3 seasons - interminably passing sideways back and forth between the defenders. Kilman was the worst culprit, rarely looking to get the ball forward. It does my ****ing head in. Esp when we are looking for a winner against a particularly **** side.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yesterday brought back memories of one of the worst aspects of the past 3 seasons - interminably passing sideways back and forth between the defenders. Kilman was the worst culprit, rarely looking to get the ball forward. It does my ****ing head in. Esp when we are looking for a winner against a particularly **** side.
Braindead some of them are

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
I mentioned earlier how impressive Spurs looked .Add in some teams have scored up to 9 goals in the PL whereas the best we have managed in 9+ seasons (358 games) is 4 versus Blackpool ( apologies if I have missed any)
Is it down to players purchased /tactics/ lack of killer instinct who knows but when you consider Fulham have managed 5 twice inside 5 days we just aren’t prolific in the top flight .

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably also a reality check for the media who cover the Championship. All we heard last season was how Burnley were the best promoted side ever, they were gonna take the league by storm etc.
Stack me, Jade, just noticed we have virtually the same number of posts, 27k; how come my reaction score (is that 'likes'?) is 15k and yours is 53k? Does that mean you're 4 times more likeable than me?!!!!

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I mentioned earlier how impressive Spurs looked .Add in some teams have scored up to 9 goals in the PL whereas the best we have managed in 9+ seasons (358 games) is 4 versus Blackpool ( apologies if I have missed any)
Is it down to players purchased /tactics/ lack of killer instinct who knows but when you consider Fulham have managed 5 twice inside 5 days we just aren’t prolific in the top flight .
On a similar theme over the past 3 and a bit seasons how many Wolves games have you watched and at the end said 'I really enjoyed that'. In the first 2 seasons back I'd say every other game I could say that. It was that good. But in the following 130 games, up to yesterday, I think you could count on 2, possibly 3 hands how many games you genuinely enjoyed. Putting it simply winning but winning with goals is surely the aim and as you say we just don't do that.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
4 against Watford, too, as I recall.
The night Neves lobbed Foster.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We scored 4 against Leicester under Nuno (4-3 win) and same score against Leicester under Dave Jones in first ever PL season.

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fulham must have seen something in Raul that very few of us saw last summer, and in fairness haven't seen for the first months there.
But now they get a reward for their confidence in him. Fair play to them and very happy for him.
Fulham needed to replace Mitrovic and Vinicius was the obvious choice with Raul as backup. But Vinicius never delivered so they've turned to Raul. Like you, delighted for him - just hope they dont get Adama playing in top form before we meet them again.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We scored 4 against Leicester under Nuno (4-3 win) and same score against Leicester under Dave Jones in first ever PL season.
We've played 206 games since promotion and I'll bet we've scored 3 goals + in perhaps 15 of them? = every 13 games; that's pathetic. It hasn't helped that we haven't replaced Jimenez yet after 3 years.

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apart from Real Madrid, Barcelona and Atlético de Madrid, Girona (W12 D2 L1) are only the second team in La Liga history to win 12 of their first 15 games of the season
joining Athletic Club in 1955/56 (W12 D1 L2), a season in which they finished as champions.

1-1 at the moment just before half time.

SilverstoneWolf

Reaction score
Fulham needed to replace Mitrovic and Vinicius was the obvious choice with Raul as backup. But Vinicius never delivered so they've turned to Raul. Like you, delighted for him - just hope they dont get Adama playing in top form before we meet them again.
Delighted for Raul. He seems a genuine e nice guy who just lost his mojo. Now he has got it back, good luck to him ... as long as it aint against us, of course. Just think how a fully firing Raul might have linked up with Cunha.... Might have had a great pairing. But we'll never know.

And like many others, I am bemused why we have not realised that EVEN IF YOU PASS IT BACK AND SIDEWAYS across the back, you can still do it with pace and zip that demands the opposition have to chase MUCH MUCH harder than we are making them. We have to up the pace of our passes even if it means they are harder to control by the recipient. More mistakes, probably, but much. more adventurous and likely to lead to something positive.

But so often yesterday I felt sorry for Semedo, Kilman & co since the lack of movement up front, or intelligent runs of midfield, gave them little to aim at - hence pass back & sideways, until the crowd get agitated, then hoof it downfield for someone else to take responsibility.

We will see over the coming months if GON is or is not up to the task of getting several very good players to actually play quick, incisive, intelligent football.

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
An interesting fact about Girona, that 2018 was the first time that they had played in La Liga in their 87 year history and their highest position before this season was 10th.

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
An interesting fact about Girona, that 2018 was the first time that they had played in La Liga in their 87 year history and their highest position before this season was 10th.

It's amazing, what's happening. I don't follow La Liga closely enough to know, is this just one of those miracle purple patches that sometimes happen that will fizzle out or do they generally have something special going on in terms of manager and players?

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's amazing, what's happening. I don't follow La Liga closely enough to know, is this just one of those miracle purple patches that sometimes happen that will fizzle out or do they generally have something special going on in terms of manager and players?

No, it is financial backing and having the same owners as Manchester City and Pere Guardiola, brother of Man City's Pep Guardiola is the Girona Chairman.

He was/is a very influential football agent too.

Girona has just over 100,000 population similar to Worcester's and before 2017/18, had a League career similar to Hartlepool's.

Last edited:

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

There was a 4 vs Watford. But as I recall, one was an own goal and another a gift. This was under Lage. We'd have been happy to have stuck at 2.

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
1-3 to Girona about 10 mins left. Girona the new Kings of Cataluna?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom